GA - Sharon Young, 45, found murdered, Hampton, 11 Aug 2011

noZme

Reaction score
Henry County police responded to a distress signal sent from an OnStar button a little after noon Thursday. Inside the vehicle at the Crystal Lake Country Club residence they found a 3 year-old unattended child. Officers eventually gained entry into the home, located in the 300 block of Masters Club Boulevard, where they found the body of a woman in her mid-40s.

Following an autopsy by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, her death has been ruled a homicide.A neighbor said the woman was recently divirced and sometimes took care of her grandchildren, which might explain the toddler found in the vehicle.

More info to come.
www.ajc.com

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/28850027/detail.html

What a mystery! This appears to have happened in a county club/golf community, so it's fairly upscale, and has some sort of limited access like a guard booth or such (getting my info from google satellite view). The on-star alert is very interesting in that it is what drew investigators to the location where they found a 3-year-old in the car in the garage and the grandmother dead of an apparent homicide inside the house. Seems to me that the person responsible for the murder might have put the child in the car and then activated the On-Star to make sure the child was attended to rather than leave him/her alone with the dead grandparent. That makes me think it's someone very close to the child.

What a mystery! This appears to have happened in a county club/golf community, so it's fairly upscale, and has some sort of limited access like a guard booth or such (getting my info from google satellite view). The on-star alert is very interesting in that it is what drew investigators to the location where they found a 3-year-old in the car in the garage and the grandmother dead of an apparent homicide inside the house. Seems to me that the person responsible for the murder might have put the child in the car and then activated the On-Star to make sure the child was attended to rather than leave him/her alone with the dead grandparent. That makes me think it's someone very close to the child.

You could be very right on the money.

I think 3 is somewhat of an amazing age depending if the child was closer to four or closer to two or somewhere right in the middle.

No updates that I have seen.... hmmm.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I have seen no updates on this story.... anyone else?

Photo of Preston Young & his truck, otherwise, the same info posted above by reen.
With-holding the cause of death still & no hints as to whether he is thought to be in the ATL area.

http://www.ajc.com/news/henry/estranged-husband-sought-in-1111184.html

to Linda7NJ: recent split... my hinky meter went off on the ex. It seems to be open season on significant others, especially estranged SOs.

So sad and I'm sure the victim was going to come out on top of the divorce settlement and probably the cause of her death. When oh when will men just own up to their responsibilities! They will always get caught too.

Preston Marzette Young has been captured. He was wanted by authorities for the death of his estranged wife at the couples upscale Hampton home, on Aug. 11.

Young had been sought by Henry County Police since the body of Sharon Sylvester Young was found inside their home in the Crystal Lake subdivision.

http://www.henryherald.com/news/mur...cle_4794e706-2803-57ae-83c4-bce170a24910.html

Wednesday, Young appeared before Henry County Magistrate Court Judge Robert L. Godwin. Judge Godwin did not set a bond and reset his case to Sept. 22.

Investigators from the Henry County Sheriffs Office caught Young after he had been camping behind a Chamblee-area fast food restaurant off I-285, while he was publicly listed as wanted by law enforcement officials.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back