Identified! FL - Sarasota, Human skull found, Aug'11 - Bruce Oberlin

Ms Suzanne

Reaction score
I just got back from a few weeks of being on vacation.I'm just now seeing this.Does anyone have any more information on this skull found or can keep us updated on this?Male? female? How long the skull had been there ect...

Human skull found behind Sarasota kennel club.

More at the link

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/loca...asota-Kennel-Club/RJAr-kPw0kK-C-h6Ae6lgA.cspx

SARASOTA COUNTY - The Sarasota Police Department and the Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating the discovery of a human skull.

On July 31st a concerned citizen discovered a human skull near an abandoned parking lot located behind the Sarasota Kennel Club on Desoto Road.

Officers from the Sarasota Police Department and the Sarasota County Sherriff’s Office responded to the scene and conducted a grid search in an effort to locate any additional bones or evidence

I wouldn't put too much on the assessment of the size of the skull by the person who found it.

The skull has a very prominent brow ridge, which would suggest to me that it's male. But then again, I am not an anthropologist.

It looks rather clean to me, like it hadn't been out in the elements for too long.

Doesn't appear to be Adji since I believe he had his those two front teeth. I believe Haleigh did as well.

Hopefully someone can figure this out soon!

The teeth probably fell out after death, so that doesn't disqualify them, though I doubt it's either of them. It doesn't look like a child's skull to me. You would see very distinct cranial sutures if it was a child, and the teeth look well-developed.

It looks rather clean to me, like it hadn't been out in the elements for too long.
I agree,it does look too clean to me too.It honestly looks kind of staged to me and the skull doesn't looked chewed on to me.Has there been any new information on this skull found?

I agree,it does look too clean to me too.It honestly looks kind of staged to me and the skull doesn't looked chewed on to me.Has there been any new information on this skull found?

Yeah... could be staged...

I dunno... just the way it sits there neatly on top of the vegetation and not in the middle of it makes it look like it was just dropped there recently. Remembering the Caylee trial and the roots that grew through the skull in the six months the remains were there and this is nothing like that.

The decedent has been identified as Bruce Lee Oberlin of Sarasota.

Original.jpg

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/loca...found-in-Sarasota/kxk2B2dYFke1VmlEgBSUsQ.cspx

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back