Dolores Aguilar Obituary.

Wow. Believe me, I know families are not perfect, but wow.

Excellent. I wish more people would have the courage to do what that daughter did.

... I'd hate to see her tombstone. Probably say something like: Ding Dong

:giggle:

My sisters and I have decided if he goes before we do, that obit. fits him almost to a "T" except he gives money ONLY to Africa for the nuns.

Other than that, our Brother Saint Patrick is the same.

My sisters and I have decided if he goes before we do, that obit. fits him almost to a "T" except he gives money ONLY to Africa for the nuns.

Other than that, our Brother Saint Patrick is the same.

Who's he? :waitasec:

It sounds to me as if the apple didn't fall far from the tree. How cold. I was raised to believe, by the Grandmother who raised me in my Mother's place, that she is your Mother period. Regardless of who she is, of what she does or doesn't do, you are to respect her for giving you life if for no other reason. I heard that until the day before my Grandma passed. If not for Dolores, the generations referred to in this obituary wouldn't exist. My Grandma was not my maternal Grandmother. She was my Dad's Mother, my Mother's ex-mother in law....and still she advocated for my Mom because she was just so thankful that my Mom gave her ME!

I don't like my Mother, that's the honest to God truth. But I love her because I am HERE! I rarely speak to her...unless I call HER. My Mother is probably everything that this author pegs Dolores to have been. But when my Mother is gone....I would never, EVER in a million years do such as this 'to her.' How awful. My Mother would COME BACK for me if I did that crap....bet on it. If things such as this were all I had to say, then there would simply be no obituary. That strikes me as the mature, adult thing to have done. RIP Dolores.

What was that other thing that Grandma said a billion times....oh yeah...every time I opened my mouth and thought about badmouthing my Mother..."Tammy Lynn shut that mouth this instant. If you have nothing nice to say about your Momma then you keep your mouth shut and you say nothing until you think of something nice to say, do you hear me?" How could I look at my own children and not be thankful, on some level, to my Mother?

I hear ya Grandma....still. I'm trying, God knows I am. I don't have a heart of pure gold like you did, but I polish mine often, hoping that it will be more like yours.

Sheesh......I think I'm going to call my Mom now..........

:eek:
How awful. Why not just put the basics in and leave the personal comments out. Or, just not run the obit in the paper.

My mother always told me never speak ill of the dead.

You can THINK ill all you want. Just don't speak it. :angel:

What a horrible thing for a human (daughter) to do.

My father always told me if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. Maybe Dolores Aguilar's obit should have just read her date of birth and date of death.

I feel bad that I did have a half smile on my face as I read it.

Sorry, going for romp and getting pregnant does not garner respect from me.

Beating me in the head with my steel toed boots, nah, that does not do it either.

Taking my sisters for regular dental checkups, and leaving my pre-teen butt at home unless I came up with the money for my portion...does not do it either.

Mom, you almost had me when as a still too young to be employeed teen, you would take my money from my full time job and split it into envelopes to teach me about budgeting. That was until my savings account that you also had your name on all but disappeared.

Even Casey Anthony would get an hour out of her cell everyday, why did I only get 20 minutes?

OK, now I understand the posts which say the obit should not have been written. Some mothers do not deserve the recognition...PERIOD!

I will have to save this to copy and use when my bio mother dies. Wretched woman.

I refuse to print this out and send it to my siblings. I thought about it, but they would really do this whenever our mother goes. Thank goodness I don't live near all of them, in that small town, where everyone knows anyway. I hope that the author and/or family found this to help them with their healing process, I don't know if it helped or not.

I wouldn't think it would help.
If she was that bad of a mother, this daughter needs professional help IMO. Slamming someone in an obit would just make her feel better temporarily.

I think it's horrible. It kinda even disgusts me.

JMO

I agree, Kimberlyd. I don't like airing dirty laundry unless it is to help another. I also don't like the trend, which started with Mommy Dearest, of blasting someone who is already dead and cannot defend themselves. Why not do it when they are alive and can? Finally, I agree that the mature and gracious thing is to not write anything at all.

Yes... There is also the family to consider. That many names listed, there might be some who are hurt and offended by an obituary like this. Maybe they had better relationship with the deceased or they had it just as bad as the author of the text but would prefer that the whole world doesn't know about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back