1434 users online (325 members and 1109 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

LA - Jori Lirette, 7, decapitated by dad, Thibodaux, 14 Aug 2011 *Insanity*

Another horrible murder of a child by a live-in bf. A motorist spotted the poor child's head on the side of the road!!

THIBODAUX, La. – Police are investigating a gruesome homicide involving a 7-year-old boy whose decapitated body was found near the road outside his home in Thibodaux, police said. The 30-year-old live-in boyfriend of the victim's mother is the suspect and had confessed to the crime, according to police.
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Thib...127686728.html

The article says it's still unclear when the murder occurred. It also says the decapitation took place over the kitchen sink.
    Last edited by Salem; 08-16-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: fix title

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

OMG Bessie! That child was disabled!

The victim is identified as Jori Lirette, a special needs child who police said had cerebral palsy.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

The death penalty is too good for this monster....
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

Oh dear Jesus what is happening to us? What have we become?

Rest in peace, Jori Lirette. I am so, so sorry this happened to you. So sorry. You poor, poor baby.

Police have identified the victim as Jori Lirette, a little boy who suffered from cerebral palsy and was wheelchair-bound.

http://www.wwl.com/Police--Man-murde...-chil/10625967

what do these women see in these monsters???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

He was an innocent 7 year old boy with cerebal palsy confined to a wheelchair!!!

WTH! I am sickened and furious.

That poor darling couldn't even run away from this monster!!

I am heartbroken.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

The story's been updated. The child's head was on the sidewalk near a trash bag that contained the rest of his body. It seems the mother wasn't home when the crime took place. She arrived on the scene while LE was there and had to be hospitalized when she learned the news. Poor woman.

Police said Lirette's mother wasn't home when they arrived. But authorities said she was so grief-stricken when she got to the scene, she had to be hospitalized. Police plan to question her soon, and have been questioning other family members throughout the day.
    "We are not ruling out anyone else, and we are questioning anybody that may have been involved in this incident," said Cooks.
    Photos and Video at the link
    Last edited by bessie; 08-15-2011 at 01:45 AM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    I just saw this on my local news. Horrible!

There is so much Evil in this world.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

There's a FB site that lists perps arrested in Acadiana. Lots of comments there. Nothing revealing, though, mainly the reactions of outraged people. And I have to admit, I'm tempted to post, myself.

http://www.facebook.com/BustedInAcadiana

I'm curious about his past, so I poked around and found an article about a National Guard hurricane preparedness exercise. One of the guardsmen pictured in a flat boat has the same name as the perp, with Thibodaux as his hometown. His back is to the camera, but it could be him. I won't post it in case it's a different guy, but I can't help but be curious about a person who could do something so cold-blooded and not try to hide it. Just threw the poor kid's body out on the sidewalk on a Sunday afternoon. The police officer's faces tell it all. They look absolutely shell-shocked.

ETA: More details

The mother, 27-year-old Jesslyn Lirette, was out getting her pickup repaired during the decapitation, police said...

Lirette's family said Wright cut off his son's head with a meat cleaver, though police could not confirm this detail Sunday night. It is unclear when the decapitation took place, police said...

It is unclear if investigators recovered a murder weapon from the house. Police Chief Scott Silverii said more details would be available at a 2 p.m. news conference today...

Those close to the family said there was tension between the couple for years. Officers were called to the house last month, when Wright and the boy's mother were arguing over money, police said.
    http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20...ws01?p=3&tc=pg

The article also says some LE officers were shaken by the scene and will be offered grief counseling, as will Jori's schoolmates.
    Last edited by bessie; 08-15-2011 at 02:53 AM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Oh my god.......

Just oh my god.
    [/I]

Just when you think you've seen the worst, something like THIS happens.

Incomprehensible evil.

Was he the child's father or just the boyfriend? I'm confused. Regardless, he deserves and will get the death penalty. Gotta love that about Louisiana. You kill a child, you will die for it.

I passed up this thread a few times because I just didn't want to know. I should have kept to the theory that "ignorance is bliss". This POS needs some prison justice and I hope he gets it. Putting the poor child out like the trash.
    This country is in sad shape. The value of a human life is becoming less worthy by the day in our society.
    He had 7 years of hardship and now he is at peace with the Lord ... IMO
    Be at peace Jory.. dance with the angels.
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

LA - horrific murder of 7 year old Thibodaux 2011

just when you think it can't get any worse

RIP precious Jori
    Evil can not touch you now...

Attached Images Attached Images
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast