Oldest survivor of Bataan Death March dies at 105

Dark Knight

Reaction score
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A doctor once told Albert Brown he shouldn't expect to make it to 50, given the toll taken by his years in a Japanese labor camp during World War II and the infamous, often-deadly march that got him there. But the former dentist made it to 105, embodying the power of a positive spirit in the face of inordinate odds.

http://news.yahoo.com/oldest-survivor-bataan-death-march-dies-105-211535697.html

RIP Mr. Brown, a true hero and inspiration to us all!

Rest in Peace. You were an inspiration.

Rest in peace. A friend of mine from high school's father was a bataan death march survivor. He is still alive. I don't know how old he is now, but he's got to be around 90 or so. Truly an inspiration.

ST. LOUIS (AP) — A doctor once told Albert Brown he shouldn't expect to make it to 50, given the toll taken by his years in a Japanese labor camp during World War II and the infamous, often-deadly march that got him there. But the former dentist made it to 105, embodying the power of a positive spirit in the face of inordinate odds.

http://news.yahoo.com/oldest-survivor-bataan-death-march-dies-105-211535697.html

What an inspiration Mr. Brown is!

I wish his secret tablet memoirs can be published.

Wow, what a survivor story! Life is hard, and living to 105 is really something. To have survived the Bataan Death March, then go on to live a long, full life - that man was blessed.

RIP Dr. Brown

I once had a military commander who was on the Bataan death march ... a doctor in charge of the little they had in terms of medications, etc. They had almost nothing, but did manage a few transfusions, which were allotted by drawing straws. As Colonel/Dr. Kustucki related the story, a Major Johnson drew the right straw, which saved his life. When I was stationed in the Military District of Washington, the major was General Johnson, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Dr. Kustucki was commander of the Andrew Rader Army Clinic in Arlington Virginia. Needles to say, Colonel Kustucki had way more authority than the average Colonel.

Russell

What an amazing story russell thanks for sharing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back