992 users online (140 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NM - Neighbor chases Kidnapper, saves girl

Good news for a change

"Police say she was on the playground at around 4pm Monday when a man in a green van pulled up.

An alert neighbor says the man tried to coax the little girl into his van.

“The child was being resistant to his enticement and that is what caused him to get out of the car and actually push her into the van,” said Officer Robert Gibbs with the Albuquerque Police Department."

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/n...%2C-saves-girl
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

WOW - just wow! Kidnappers are getting bolder every day!! I am so happy that there was an alert neighbor nearby who witnessed this and chased this creeper down.

What really scares me is the perp borrowed the van from his sister that day and removed the seats in the car. That tells me he was planning on kidnapping someone and doing God-knows-what.

Without the neighbor, we'd have another thread about a missing 6 year old -- with the likelyhood of finding her body in a ditch somewhere.

Bless that neighbor!!!

Mel

Good story and I'm glad there are still some good people out there willing to help a child. Thanks for posting this story.

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Thank God that neighbor was there and took action!!

These days you can't even let a 6 year old go play in a park!

However, the kidnapper was so bold that I wonder if this would have ended differently with a woman or mom chasing him.
    [/I]

Since the neighbor wasn't named, methinx he was wearing tights and a cape...
    Superman (just like Santa Claus) really exists!

That poor girl...how traumatizing...good thing that there really are people willing to "get involved" and do the right thing.

Going in pursuit, instead of just calling 911, made all the difference, IMO. Time was of the essence to not lose the trail before something even worse happened.

Many kudos to this very brave person! Thank you, "Superman"! You've made my day.

It's always good to know there is still good out there to overshadow some of the bad.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

We really should start some sort of EXCELLENT CITIZEN AWARD, maybe a monitary reward fund or even just some sort of spectacular plaque the recipiant could hang on their wall. A Websleuths member living close by could present it............ Just dreaming.

This neighbor should have a street named after him and a parade held yearly in his honor! I want to see and read about wonderful things comming his way because he cared enough to get involved and do something!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    We really should start some sort of EXCELLENT CITIZEN AWARD, maybe a monitary reward fund or even just some sort of spectacular plaque the recipiant could hang on their wall. A Websleuths member living close by could present it............ Just dreaming.

This neighbor should have a street named after him and a parade held yearly in his honor! I want to see and read about wonderful things comming his way because he cared enough to get involved and do something!
    I think that is a great idea! People need to be thanked for the good things they do. That person saved that little girl from either death or being sexually abused in some form or fashion. That person deserves tons of praise! I believe that person saved that little girls life! She isn't old enough to really understand what could have happened to her but one day she will and I'm sure she will be forever glad for that person stepping up to the plate and doing their job as a good human being.

I saw this story this morning on the news and it lifted my heart! Made me smile, for once! What an amazing man, I wish her weren't in the minority of what people are willing to do these days.
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." — Flannery O'Connor

MY HERO! Thanks who ever you are!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

well done to this man for having the courage to chase this kidnapper and save this child from an unknown fate.

Looks like the hero will be on Good Morning America tomorrow!

Besides having removed the seats that morning from his sister's van, the police on the local news also said they found tape and tie down straps. Here is an interview with the hero from our local news:

http://www.koat.com/video/28886353/detail.html

I am so glad this wasn't another body in the desert story....

This story keeps getting lost; not sure if anyone on websleuths has even noticed it. Maybe it needs a different category....

Here is the latest link:

http://news.yahoo.com/father-2-becom...073823983.html

Brave neighbor. I wonder if the man has kidnapped before and gotten away with it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast