NM - Neighbor chases Kidnapper, saves girl

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
Good news for a change :)

"Police say she was on the playground at around 4pm Monday when a man in a green van pulled up.

An alert neighbor says the man tried to coax the little girl into his van.

“The child was being resistant to his enticement and that is what caused him to get out of the car and actually push her into the van,” said Officer Robert Gibbs with the Albuquerque Police Department."

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/neighbor-chases-kidnapper%2C-saves-girl

WOW - just wow! Kidnappers are getting bolder every day!! I am so happy that there was an alert neighbor nearby who witnessed this and chased this creeper down.

What really scares me is the perp borrowed the van from his sister that day and removed the seats in the car. That tells me he was planning on kidnapping someone and doing God-knows-what.

Without the neighbor, we'd have another thread about a missing 6 year old -- with the likelyhood of finding her body in a ditch somewhere.

Bless that neighbor!!!

Mel

Good story and I'm glad there are still some good people out there willing to help a child. Thanks for posting this story.

Thank God that neighbor was there and took action!!

These days you can't even let a 6 year old go play in a park!

However, the kidnapper was so bold that I wonder if this would have ended differently with a woman or mom chasing him.

Since the neighbor wasn't named, methinx he was wearing tights and a cape... ;)
Superman (just like Santa Claus) really exists! ;)

That poor girl...how traumatizing...good thing that there really are people willing to "get involved" and do the right thing.

Going in pursuit, instead of just calling 911, made all the difference, IMO. Time was of the essence to not lose the trail before something even worse happened.

Many kudos to this very brave person! Thank you, "Superman"! You've made my day.

It's always good to know there is still good out there to overshadow some of the bad.

We really should start some sort of EXCELLENT CITIZEN AWARD, maybe a monitary reward fund or even just some sort of spectacular plaque the recipiant could hang on their wall. A Websleuths member living close by could present it............ Just dreaming.

This neighbor should have a street named after him and a parade held yearly in his honor! I want to see and read about wonderful things comming his way because he cared enough to get involved and do something!

We really should start some sort of EXCELLENT CITIZEN AWARD, maybe a monitary reward fund or even just some sort of spectacular plaque the recipiant could hang on their wall. A Websleuths member living close by could present it............ Just dreaming.

This neighbor should have a street named after him and a parade held yearly in his honor! I want to see and read about wonderful things comming his way because he cared enough to get involved and do something!

I think that is a great idea! People need to be thanked for the good things they do. That person saved that little girl from either death or being sexually abused in some form or fashion. That person deserves tons of praise! I believe that person saved that little girls life! She isn't old enough to really understand what could have happened to her but one day she will and I'm sure she will be forever glad for that person stepping up to the plate and doing their job as a good human being.

I saw this story this morning on the news and it lifted my heart! Made me smile, for once! What an amazing man, I wish her weren't in the minority of what people are willing to do these days.

well done to this man for having the courage to chase this kidnapper and save this child from an unknown fate.

Looks like the hero will be on Good Morning America tomorrow!

Besides having removed the seats that morning from his sister's van, the police on the local news also said they found tape and tie down straps. Here is an interview with the hero from our local news:

http://www.koat.com/video/28886353/detail.html

I am so glad this wasn't another body in the desert story....

Brave neighbor. I wonder if the man has kidnapped before and gotten away with it...

WOW, finally good news in a case like this. He is a HERO! One for the good guys. :)

Phillip Garcia is charged with kidnapping and child abuse after he allegedly forced a 6 year old girl into his van and sped away.

from link..

The case is getting national attention because neighbor, Antonio Diaz Chacón, saw what happened and chased Garcia for 15 minutes until Garcia crashed the van.

more at link ===> http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/crime/kidnapping-suspect-held-on-cash-bond_3915411

This is a GREAT case where a sister and a neighbor saved this little one from some real horrors. The man is a true hero - he acted without thinking and this little one was brought home safe and sound.

Blessings to him!

Salem

from link ===> The girl was grabbed with such force that bruising had already begun to appear on her chest and back Monday evening, police said. The girl told police the man put his hand over her mouth and she bit him.

link ===> http://www.wdtn.com/dpps/news/natio...r-thwarted-by-alert-neighbor-nt11-jgr_3914408

I'm hoping PG had the little one's dna all over him and I hope her bite hurt real bad and that she bit him hard enought to leave an identifiable impression. That should help if this guy goes to trial which I hope for the little ones sake that it doesn't.

an aside, PG had no record as a sex offender that I have seen.

The little one told LE she was returning home from a neighbors house with tostadas when she was grabbed and thrown into PG's van. she also told LE she broke a nail during the crash.

from link ==> Police said they found a broken fingernail in the front passenger's side of Garcia’s van – along with a bag of tostadas.

more at link ==> http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2242642.shtml

- the little one bit pg and he had a bite mark on his pinky
- tostadas found in van
- fingernail found in van

--------------------------

Garcia was later apprehended and was identified by the witness as the man who allegedly abducted the girl, police said.

more at link ==> http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2011/08/16/abqnewsseeker/6-year-old-girl-snatched-in-sw-abq.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back