915 users online (159 members and 756 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light

"Real Housewives" Russell Armstrong Commits Suicide

Very sad news. Suicide is never the answer.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/16/real-h...lor-armstrong/

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

wow. Thoughts and prayers with his family. I read Taylor's story in People. Russell when interviewed admitted that he hit her but blamed it on stress from the show.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I am an avid fan of RHoBH. It has been so painfully obvious and heartbreaking to watch these two "interact". I have always felt to sorry for Taylor. I pray God gives Taylor and her daughter strength in this time of loss, hope and faith in the days ahead.

I just saw this on my Google news page, and my jaw hit the floor. OMG.

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (along with RH of New Jersey & RH of New York) are my 'guilty pleasures'. I secretly love all three of these shows, and rarely miss an episode.

I am really surprised by this.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Smartblonde, I love them all too. I do think the shows tend to create monsters though. Maybe not the shows themselves but the fact that these women see themselves on TV. Then the next season, most of them are thinner and have had plastic surgery of some sort. You have to be a pretty strong person to put yourself in the media like that.

I think this is so sad, mainly for his poor daughter. I hope she does okay.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Oh MY Gosh!!!!

Horrible.

I'm a huge fan of all of the RHW series.

I keep thinking of his young daughter.

Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful One View Post
    Smartblonde, I love them all too. I do think the shows tend to create monsters though. Maybe not the shows themselves but the fact that these women see themselves on TV. Then the next season, most of them are thinner and have had plastic surgery of some sort. You have to be a pretty strong person to put yourself in the media like that.

I think this is so sad, mainly for his poor daughter. I hope she does okay.
    I agree. I just read that their little girl is only five years old. I guess that's what I don't understand, is how could you leave a child that young behind, purposefully?

This may sound terrible, but generally I don't subscribe to thinking of people who commit suicide 'as taking the cowards way out', etc. Sometimes, enough is just enough. Yes, I do understand the whole "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem', but sometimes... I don't know.

I understand that, generally, and unless someone is suffering from a terminal illness, a person will commit suicide because they are emotionally tormented- and they have my sympathies.

Adults should be able to make their own decisions of whether to 'stay or go'. Unless they have a child. What message does that send to this little girl? I worry that as she grows up, she will believe that her daddy didn't think she was worth sticking around for. Even though she is worth more than all the gold in the world. If you are going to have a child, you need to see that commitment through.

This man was only 47 years old. He was under a lot of stress, undoubtedly, with his wife just filing for divorce last month, the accusations that he abused her flying all over the media (which I think he admitted to), a million-dollar-plus lawsuit looming.

This is really too bad. My dad used to say, "No matter what, never give up hope. You never know what miracles tomorrow may bring". I guess suicide in adults is what happens when you can't even find some hope?

I've had two friends commit suicide. Both were men, both happened just over ten years ago. I know suicide is always the hardest on those left behind. Guilt, confusion, regret. Anger. I've never really been able to think 'clearly' about suicide since, I guess.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this little girl. It's so sad that she'll never be able to quote her daddy, like I just quoted mine above, because she will never get to really know him. Worse still, she knows he will never really get to know her.

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    wow. Thoughts and prayers with his family. I read Taylor's story in People. Russell when interviewed admitted that he hit her but blamed it on stress from the show.
    I read that he denied hitting her? Pushed her, but did not strike her. I can't stand Taylor, or whatever name she uses these days. Shes a gold digger.

Feel so sorry for their little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    I read that he denied hitting her? Pushed her, but did not strike her. I can't stand Taylor, or whatever name she uses these days. Shes a gold digger.

Feel so sorry for their little girl.
    Taylor is probably my least favorite on the show, too.

But now, I worry about how she will take this, and if she will blame herself? I hope not. That's too much of a burden for anyone.

~ I realize that may sound silly, as I don't even know her, but the way these shows invite you into their lives, you sure end up feeling like you 'know' them!

What a great post, smartblonde. I totally agree with you in regards to suicide.

I have struggled with depression most of my life and I do know how it feels to be completely and utterly hopeless. I've thought about suicide and when I was feeling that down, I truly believed everyone would be better off without me. It's strange what depression can do to your mind. It's almost like it creates some sort of alter ego.

But like you said, if you have children, you don't have the option to commit suicide. You have to stick around for them. There's no telling what suicide will do to a child. You end up scarring them for life and that's not fair. And you have no idea how you'll feel when you wake up tomorrow. What if you feel better?

My step-grandma (is that even a word?) killed herself a couple years ago. She was getting on in years and had recently started falling. She lived alone in the house she raised all of her children in. She didn't want to end up in a nursing home and she didn't want to be a burden on her grown children who had their own lives. She got everything together, had a will, had all of the necessary paperwork laid out on the table. And then she took her own life. I agree that, as adults, we are in charge of our own bodies and I think we should be able to take our own lives if we're just 'done'.

This case is obviously very different. Forty-seven is SO young. And his daughter. Ugh, it makes me so sad. I love the saying your dad had and that is so very true. I'm going to keep that one in mind.

Justice for Travis

I couldn't stand the man. I felt he was controlling and abusive BEFORE the information was public.

I really feel sorry for his daughter............

Wasn't he millions in debt too?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

But like you said, if you have children, you don't have the option to commit suicide. You have to stick around for them. There's no telling what suicide will do to a child. You end up scarring them for life and that's not fair. And you have no idea how you'll feel when you wake up tomorrow. What if you feel better?
    Totally agree. The woman had money to see top psychologists and to get help.
    She had a lot of people around her for support.
    What she did was selfish with no consideration towards her child.
    I have heard stories of people who have survived suicide and within seconds of attempting it they think 'oh no what did I just do ?- how can I stop this?'
    I always remind my son that things always get better.
    Now there is a 5 year old girl without a mom.
    The pain of hurting your own child should outweigh any internal struggles. A parent should fight like h#ll by doing anything to get mental help, get sober, change their life style -etc.
    Its all for the kids people.
    By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
    George Carlin

Dee - it was the father who committed suicide, not Taylor!

I couldn't stand him either, Linda. He was creepy, IMO. And he was definitely controlling, you could see that in the show.

Justice for Travis

Dee - it was the father who committed suicide, not Taylor!

I couldn't stand him either, Linda. He was creepy, IMO. And he was definitely controlling, you could see that in the show.
    He creeped me out big time and I couldn't stand him but now that little girl has no father. It was pretty obvious that Taylor was only with him because of his money. Well if he was in debt up to his ears Taylor is in real trouble now. My first husband killed himself just like Russel did and he didn't leave a note either. Insurance policies are not paid on suicides so Taylor is going to be in a real bad place now. I hope she won't blame herself but I know from experience that she will blame herself and will have to live with it the rest of her life.

I guess Taylor will just have to deal with the lawsuit all by her lonesome. She never should have had her lips done. She makes bad decisions and bad choices. She should have seen how creepy the dude was from the beginning. I guess money tends to blur things.

I think he did it because he heard the Salahis were coming to town and going to take their spot on HWBH.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast