1205 users online (253 members and 952 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Susan Earls, 18, Orlando, 21 Oct 1977

Susan Elaine Earls

Endangered Missing from Orlando, Florida since October 21, 1977

Age: 18 -- Height: 4'11" -- Weight: 130 pounds -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Blue

Susan's ears are pierced.

Susan was last seen in Orlando, Florida on October 21, 1977. She has never been heard from again. Foul play is suspected.

NamUs

FDLE

Charley Project

Thinking of Susan, it's almost 34 years since she went missing.

According to Charley Project, Susan's boyfriend witnessed her getting into a van outside a convenience store. So, presumably, the two had gone to the store together. Why would Susan then leave with someone else? Did the two have an argument there? Or was there something else going on?

Did she know the van driver, or did she just take off with whoever was there and agreed to give her a ride?

Next month will be the 40th anniversary of the disappearance of Susan Earls.

The latest news clipping I could find dates back to 1992

Susan Earls was 18 years old when she was last seen getting into a white van outside a convenience store on Forest City Road.

That was 1977, and investigators hold little hope that they will ever find the missing woman alive.

Earls lived with her mother and three younger brothers and sisters in north Orange County.

Friends say Earls had never been in any trouble.
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...e-earls-bishop

I already submitted a Jane Doe that had similar clothing as Susan when found. It's gonna take awhile to get results.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel85 View Post
    Next month will be the 40th anniversary of the disappearance of Susan Earls.

The latest news clipping I could find dates back to 1992

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...e-earls-bishop

I already submitted a Jane Doe that had similar clothing as Susan when found. It's gonna take awhile to get results.
    Do you have a link to the namus or doe network pages of JD you submitted? There are so many unidentified white females in Florida from the 70's and 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Otterly View Post
    Do you have a link to the namus or doe network pages of JD you submitted? There are so many unidentified white females in Florida from the 70's and 80's.
    (NamUsUP #1276) https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1276 NO Rule outs yet.

Like I explained to the manager:

Why do I think they're a match?

- When Susan went missing she had a LSW GAUCHO TYPE BLUE JEAN/ORANGE SHIRT AND WHITE (Quoting her namus report) this jane doe had A blue and orange stripped long sleeve shirt anda 32-36 "Maidenform" bra.
    which the Color of shirt has ALSO been described as green and orange.

- The Jane doe was found in 1982, but she could've died earlier since she was decomposing already. Susan only went missing in 1977.

-Susan was 18 years old when she went missing. Jane doe had a maximum estimated age of 20. (Same age range)

- Jane doe was found floating in a canal in 70000 NW 16th Terrace in Broward county. Susan went missing from Forest City last seen getting into a van towards Lake Road which is almost a straight route into terrace. (3 hour drive... according to google maps)

- Similar face/nose structure.

I do think they look similar. The casting recreation of JD has a very upturned nose, which I don't see in Susan, but the probably newer sketches, it doesn't look at pronounced.

There are some rule outs that I see, but none are Susan.

JD has an estimated death of two weeks before she was found in 1982. It could be off, it could be Susan was alive/held onto for a few years, so it doesn't rule anything out, but interesting to know..

Some things that would be nice to know to help match: if JD had pierced ears and if Susan had any type of back injury. JD has a 'healed healed fracture in one vertebrae in the back'. Not sure what kind of injury that might be.

The problem is that Susan does not have any dentals, DNA or fingerprints entered, so it might be difficult to match.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketotalk15 View Post
    I do think they look similar. The casting recreation of JD has a very upturned nose, which I don't see in Susan, but the probably newer sketches, it doesn't look at pronounced.

There are some rule outs that I see, but none are Susan.

JD has an estimated death of two weeks before she was found in 1982. It could be off, it could be Susan was alive/held onto for a few years, so it doesn't rule anything out, but interesting to know..

Some things that would be nice to know to help match: if JD had pierced ears and if Susan had any type of back injury. JD has a 'healed healed fracture in one vertebrae in the back'. Not sure what kind of injury that might be.

The problem is that Susan does not have any dentals, DNA or fingerprints entered, so it might be difficult to match.
    Yeah, it's gonna take a long time to rule this one out due to the lack of DNA. I'm still hopeful