NM - Neighbor chases Kidnapper, saves girl - 6-year-old girl taken from playground

snarkymalarkey

Reaction score
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/neighbor-chases-kidnapper,-saves-girl

An alert neighbor says the man tried to coax the little girl into his van.

“The child was being resistant to his enticement, and that is what caused him to get out of the car and actually push her into the van,” said Officer Robert Gibbs with the Albuquerque Police Department.

The neighbor then jumped into his own car and chased after Phil Garcia, the suspected kidnapper, while calling 911.

Officers say Garcia realized he was being followed and tried to drive onto the mesa to lose the neighbor. Instead he ended up crashing about a mile and a half from the kidnapping scene.

Garcia ran.

The neighbor jumped out of his car and pulled the little girl from the van.

Makes you wonder about some unsolved cases regarding missing children. I would love to know where else this guy has lived and if he could have involvement in other unsolved incidents.

~sigh~

her parents probably won't take their eyes off of her again until she's oh, 25 or so ...

CNN is featuring the story now, with more details.

This guy is amazing, totally deserves a medal.

CNN is featuring the story now, with more details.

This guy is amazing, totally deserves a medal.

From the article;

(CNN) -- A 6-year-old girl rescued from a suspected kidnapper in New Mexico is scared but doing well, according to her older sister.

"She sometimes cries. She gets scared. She's sorta afraid to go outside but she's doing all right," the victim's sister told CNN affiliate KOAT.

The man who is given credit for rescuing the girl -- Antonio Diaz Chacon, who gave chase in his own truck after witnessing the attempted abduction -- says he is "happy and content" that he was able to step in. ...

That dude is cool!

Thank God the little one is okay from the kidnapping and accident
Thank God they caught the bad guy
and THANK GOD for this neighbor !!
What a hero!!

I was watching HLN news this am, and they were reporting he is an undocumented worker. I don't have a link, will see if I can find the atory on their website. But, I hears it repeated at least three times. I say give him his work visa-this is they type of person we want in this country. Someone who isn't afraid to take a risk to stand up and do the right thing!

I read about this earlier this week. The man is a true hero. Unfortunately, the media and political activists are now going to exploit this poor guy. They're going to completely over-shadow his greatest accomplishment with partisan bickering.

Anyway, I found this article and lots more, but I wish I could find the original I found. He's such a sweet guy. He's very humble. He and his wife are completely blown away by the generosity and good wishes of people from across the nation.

The original story was, he left work early to spend it with his family. As their washing machine had recently broken, they went a few blocks over to his in-laws. As they were loading their wash in the car, they heard a neighbor trying to stop a guy from taking a child. Antonio Diaz Chacon, jumped into his truck, as his wife called 911, and the persuit was on. When the kidnapper crashed and ran, was the only time Antonio got a little nervous, suddenly concerned the perp had a gun. But when he ran away, Antonio ran to the crashed vehicle and rescued the frightened girl and told her he'd take her home.

Officers found packaging tape and straps close to the scene.

The guy is a true hero. And yes, his account of the ordeal was told by Mr. Chacon and interpreted to English, by his wife. He's had a NUMBER of offers from strangers nationwide. People want to honor this guy and help him.

My hats off to Antonio Diaz Chacon. He's a true hero, in every sense of the word.

JMHO
fran

This isn't the original article I read. But this one gives most of the details.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...con_chased_down_kidnapper_saved_6yearold.html

As previously mentioned, Antonio Diaz Chacon is the type of person that the United States should welcome with open arms. As much as I like the Arizona immigration policies, I also like that this occured in the more illegal-immigrant friendly state of New Mexico compared to the aforementioned state of Arizona.

Man who saved New Mexico girl at center of immigration debate
By Zelie Pollon | Reuters – 9 hrs ago

SANTA FE, New Mexico (Reuters) - When Antonio Diaz Chacon jumped into his car and chased a man down to rescue a 6-year-old girl he had seen snatched from a New Mexico street, he said, he was doing what any parent would do.

Chacon was hailed as a hero by Albuquerque Mayor Richard Berry, who declared August 19 Antonio Diaz Chacon Day in Albuquerque. A smiling Chacon, 23, accepted a Spanish language plaque honoring his bravery.

Not mentioned at the ceremony was that Chacon, a Mexican citizen married to an American woman, has been living in the United States illegally for the past four years.

Chacon, a father of two, revealed his undocumented status to show that most immigrants are law abiding and want to do what's right, he told local media, pushing him to the center of the immigration debate in the United States.

More at link:
http://news.yahoo.com/man-saved-mexico-girl-center-immigration-debate-213519514.html

I saw this on a story on Yahoo..He added, "In Libya, you say: Chop the head and the veins will dry up."

sounds like a good idea for Pedo's and sex offenders! :woohoo: :seeya:

http://www.koat.com/r/29037755/detail.html

Kidnapping Hero Receives Washer, Dryer As Gift

"Whirlpool honored the man who saved a little girl from a kidnapping recently with two big gifts.

Victor Mendoza and his partner delivered a brand new Whirlpool washing machine and dryer Tuesday afternoon."

Was the abductor a sex offender? Antonio is a true hero. Hopefully He'll get help to complete the citizenship process if that is what he wants. It can be costly.

From the article;

(CNN) -- A 6-year-old girl rescued from a suspected kidnapper in New Mexico is scared but doing well, according to her older sister.

"She sometimes cries. She gets scared. She's sorta afraid to go outside but she's doing all right," the victim's sister told CNN affiliate KOAT.

The man who is given credit for rescuing the girl -- Antonio Diaz Chacon, who gave chase in his own truck after witnessing the attempted abduction -- says he is "happy and content" that he was able to step in. ...

That dude is cool!
Major dude

I just now realized that this story is a couple of years old (aside from conviction). Anyone know if the rescuer got his status?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back