1347 users online (367 members and 980 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    End Game.

    Hypothetical I know, but...

    What happens when JR dies?

    Let's assume BR knows nothing.

    Is the case truly over at that point?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    7,940
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio View Post
    Hypothetical I know, but...

    What happens when JR dies?

    Let's assume BR knows nothing.

    Is the case truly over at that point?
    horatio,
    I think unresolved homicide cases are never closed. But realistically they probably become archived and eventually ignored?

    Also any form of official closure would mean the forensic evidence could become available for public review.

    So I'll guess as long as Burke is alive it might keep its current cold case status?


    Once John has passed on Burke will be free to talk. I think he will, the case is far to big for it not to have impressed itself upon him.


    .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    650
    Would they be able to exhume the body, or does the yes/no then pass on to BR or other relatives?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderllama View Post
    Would they be able to exhume the body, or does the yes/no then pass on to BR or other relatives?
    With both parents dead, it would fall to her next of kin, which is her brother. After that, it would be a bit complicated, assuming grandpa P is dead by then, I suppose Patsy's sisters would be next.

    At this point, exhumation may or may not really give any answers. A child may be a skeleton within 5 years, and adult up to 10. Some bodies decompose faster then others, and embalming does not prevent it. If what they are looking for is whether the marks on her are stun gun marks, the flesh containing them may not be intact at this point. It's been over 14 years in the Georgia climate.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    remotely
    Posts
    42,938
    What happens when JR dies? I guess we can count on Miss WV's photo to remain hanging in a restaurant. Good grief...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Miss WVA.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	18421  

    You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.


    My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.



    Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.




    http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    12,914
    Quote Originally Posted by arielilane View Post
    What happens when JR dies? I guess we can count on Miss WV's photo to remain hanging in a restaurant. Good grief...
    As what? A dartboard?
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,579
    Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
    horatio,
    I think unresolved homicide cases are never closed. But realistically they probably become archived and eventually ignored?

    Also any form of official closure would mean the forensic evidence could become available for public review.

    So I'll guess as long as Burke is alive it might keep its current cold case status?


    Once John has passed on Burke will be free to talk. I think he will, the case is far to big for it not to have impressed itself upon him.


    .
    I would love to think you are correct, and I would love for Burke to tell us everything he knows, but I honestly don't see that happening. He has no reason to say anything at all, unfortunately.
    ___________________

    "This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    remotely
    Posts
    42,938
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    As what? A dartboard?
    Heads or tails SuperDave, on who gets to throw the first dart. lol

    You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.


    My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.



    Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.




    http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
    horatio,
    I think unresolved homicide cases are never closed. But realistically they probably become archived and eventually ignored?

    Also any form of official closure would mean the forensic evidence could become available for public review.

    So I'll guess as long as Burke is alive it might keep its current cold case status?


    Once John has passed on Burke will be free to talk. I think he will, the case is far to big for it not to have impressed itself upon him.


    .
    I wonder what the statistics are on cold/unsolved cases? How many are there? How many cold cases actually get solved? What's the oldest cold case on file is? How many are solved by DNA &/or confessions?

    I'm sure it's hard for the PD to admit that a case can't or won't ever be solved; probably because there's no limitations on murder, there's always a hope (albeit slim) for prosecution in the future.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio View Post
    Hypothetical I know, but...

    What happens when JR dies?

    Let's assume BR knows nothing.

    Is the case truly over at that point?
    I don't think this high profile "whodunit" type murder will ever be "over" until it is solved. Back- burnered maybe, on a high shelf maybe, but never "over" in lieu of being "solved".

    I don't think BR knows anything that would bust the case wide open, but stranger things HAVE happened.

    JMO

    Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    7,940
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio View Post
    I wonder what the statistics are on cold/unsolved cases? How many are there? How many cold cases actually get solved? What's the oldest cold case on file is? How many are solved by DNA &/or confessions?

    I'm sure it's hard for the PD to admit that a case can't or won't ever be solved; probably because there's no limitations on murder, there's always a hope (albeit slim) for prosecution in the future.
    horatio,
    Cold case reviews are usually political in nature, sometimes those that deserve a good look over are ignored, and the easy option is selected.

    Because the Ramsey case has cold case status implies there is politics at work. Without this status more evidence would be available to the public. Cold case statistics are low in number, I would not place any importance on their relevance.


    .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio View Post
    I wonder what the statistics are on cold/unsolved cases? How many are there? How many cold cases actually get solved? What's the oldest cold case on file is? How many are solved by DNA &/or confessions?

    I'm sure it's hard for the PD to admit that a case can't or won't ever be solved; probably because there's no limitations on murder, there's always a hope (albeit slim) for prosecution in the future.
    About 40% of murders every year go unsolved. That would be approximately 6400 cases a year. I'm not sure what the oldest cold case on file is, but it seems for a lot of major cities, their oldest cold case is anytime from the 1930s to the 1960s.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    7,940
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    I would love to think you are correct, and I would love for Burke to tell us everything he knows, but I honestly don't see that happening. He has no reason to say anything at all, unfortunately.
    SunnieRN,
    mmm, well if you know anyone who has worked in the media, they will tell you this is a story waiting to break.

    Burke will become open season once his father dies. He will know this and no comment will not shut up the journo's looking for another angle on an old story.

    Importantly Burke will be free to talk, he can say anything he wants, without his father gainsaying him. Currently he is Father's protegy, he looks to inherit the family name and fortune including all the Ramsey companies. This is why his father's marriage is relevant, how does it impact upon Burke and his future?

    Burke is unlikely to tell us everything he knows, but consider this, if he is innocent, then he can wipe the slate clean with a well timed news conference, answering questions that have to date remained unaswered. He can say things he knows rule him out without implicating other family members.


    Unless Burke is a sociopath I expect to see a documentary with him in leading role telling us why he never killed JonBenet!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632
    good luck with those great expectations.

    i don't see why any of the ramsey family lawyers would ever let him talk even after his father died... unless he wanted to bad enough for some reason.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    7,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaleshark View Post
    good luck with those great expectations.

    i don't see why any of the ramsey family lawyers would ever let him talk even after his father died... unless he wanted to bad enough for some reason.
    Whaleshark,
    Ramsey lawyers go out the window once John Ramsey dies. The lawyers are there to preserve the status quo, their fees depend upon this.

    Without John Ramsey the legal circus is over. Everyone knows that Burke is free to talk. If he does not talk the whispers about his involvement will continue. So a nice compromise is a documentary outlining his innocence. Remember the documentaries daddy bankrolled?


    I fully expect Burke to talk once his father passes on!





    .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. name that game!
    By Charlie in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 11:57 AM