GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #6

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

BreeAnn-Rodriguez..jpg

3-year-old Breeann Rodriguez was last seen in front of her home on August 6, 2011. She was riding a pink bicycle with training wheels, similar to the one shown above. Breeann was last seen wearing a pink shirt and blue shorts.

ARREST MADE - AUGUST 13 - http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/13/....missing.girl/

BODY FOUND - AUGUST 16 - http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/17/missouri.missing.girl/

NCMEC Poster
FBI Poster

Previous Threads:
Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Info & Support thread

Light a candle for Breeann - http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=BreeR

Update: weeding out the rumours...just the facts

-BR's father left at 10am to go to auction, BR was still in bed.

-BR went outside ABOUT 11am, it was ABOUT 1130 when BR went missing, family looked for about 30 to 45 min. before calling 911 according to this link http://www.dddnews.com/story/1752168.html

-BR and her bike with training wheels went missing around noon Sat Aug 6 on Ode Johnson Road

-LE were called shortly after parents searched for about 30min

-LE sent out a reverse 911 to the community of Senath on Saturday Aug 6 exact time is unknown

-LE did door to door search Saturday Aug 6

-SM searched for BR with his neighbour, in neighbours truck, on Saturday after the neighbourhood learned of the disappearance.

-SM joined neighbourhood chat about search with neighbours on Sat morning

-One Training wheels was found one on tuesday

-The 2nd training wheel and a 3rd piece of evidence was found, LE stated it was NOT clothing. All 3 pieces of evidence were located at County Road 568 in Dunklin County which is approximately two miles southeast of Breeann's home. LE does not feel these items were there the 1st time they searched the area.

-SM was arrested and charged on Saturday Aug 13 with first-degree murder, armed criminal action and tampering with physical evidence

-As stated in the probable cause PDF SM found BR on his pool ladder and he brought her into his house and suffocated her with a plastic bag, dumped her body in the same plastic bag and threw it over the railing of along highway 164 and into a floodway ditch.
#3 in PDF is not included on page.

-Later he dismanteled her bike and dumped it in the same waterway.

-Bike was found where SM said he dumped it

-BR remains were found in the area of ditch 3 and 4 on Tues Aug 16 around 630pm.

-SM is married with 3 kids age ranges about 8-14

-Neighbour MM reported in media that SM's wife and kids were away on day of disappearance (return date unknown)

-A neighbour reported in media saying FBI removed computer and bags of stuff from SM's home

-SM did not have a lawyer and did not enter a plea when he made his first court appearance Tuesday Aug 16th

MAP OF VARIOUS POINTS OF INTEREST IN CASE
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...03211,0.006947

Is there anything else to add????

Flipflop, thanks for this sorting of was is and what might be. I have been gone and this is a great help in catching me up.

Re DianaElaine’s question in Breeann R’s Thread 5, Post #723
Asking about how soon after abductions, stranger-perps kill those children

Info from Wikipedia on Amber Alerts (w. emphasis added) Pls see article as well. AMBER Alert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Retrieval rate
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, of the children abducted by strangers and murdered, 75% are killed within the first three hours. ….
[9] As of August 2002, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children reported that 17 children had been successfully recovered after an Amber alert was issued.[9]

Controversy about success rate Some outside scholars examining the system in depth disagree with the "official" results.[32][33][34] …. reviewed hundreds of abduction cases between 2003 and 2006 and found that Amber Alerts actually played little apparent role in the eventual return of abducted children. ….

[Study] … pointed out that AMBER Alerts are inherently constrained,
…. Finally, the implied causal model of AMBER Alert (rapid recovery can save lives) is in a sense the opposite of reality: In the worst abduction scenarios, the intentions of the perpetrator usually guarantee that anything public officials do will be "too slow."

…Griffin and Miller argue that AMBER Alert acts as "crime control theater" in that it "creates the appearance but not the fact of crime control". …
====================================================
Again, more info in the article. Wish it had better news.

Is there anything else to add????

..not sure if this counts.

..next court appearance --august 30th/2011.

..the tampering w/ evidence charge was 'concealing her bike'---the 'dangerous instrument' used was the garbage bag.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/breeann-ro...organ-confesses-plastic-bag/story?id=14310359

"Morgan is charged with knowingly causing the death of Breeann Rodriguez by suffocating her," said Dunklin County Prosecuting Attorney Stephen Sokolof in a statement to ABC News.

"It is alleged that he did so by use of a dangerous instrument, a plastic garbage bag. He is also charged with tempering with physical evidence by concealing her bicycle in the investigation of her death."

I read earlier a story that someone in the neighborhood had posted. They said that the day after Breeann went missing a bunch of the people who lived on the street had gathered to talk. They said Shawn Morgan was there also and was commenting on how he couldnt believe that someone would take a child like that. Also the person had said that the police began searching homes in on the street where Breeann lived at 2 am on the sevent of August. I wonder if they found something that led them to Morgan>

Thank you flipflop, it's great to see it all in one place. I thought of a smattering of details.

-LE did door to door search Saturday Aug 6
Might add they knocked on doors at 2:00 am

-SM joined neighbourhood chat about search with neighbours on Sat morning

I think this was Sunday morning, after the middle of the night door to door. Saturday was the day she vanished.

-The 2nd training wheel and a 3rd piece of evidence was found, LE stated it was NOT clothing. All 3 pieces of evidence were located at County Road 568 in Dunklin County which is approximately two miles southeast of Breeann's home. LE does not feel these items were there the 1st time they searched the area.
. Might want add that this was Wednesday, August 10.

-SM did not have a lawyer and did not enter a plea when he made his first court appearance Tuesday Aug 16th
might want to add that his family is going to hire an attorney for him

Thanks again! For the work you did on this.

Did they say when to expect autopsy results and if they will be made public? TIA

The suffocation confession and the garbage bag used as "dangerous instrument" makes me very sick to my stomach. Was she still alive when he put her in the bag? :(

Friday prayer service set for slain 3-year-old girl
Posted: Aug 16, 2011 9:59 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 18, 2011 7:15 AM EDT

A public prayer vigil for Breeann Rodriguez is set for 6 p.m. Friday at the Senath City Park.

Those who plan to attend are asked to wear white, pink or orange. White balloons will be released in Breeann's honor.

snip

Visitation for Breeann will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Senath Church of Christ Church, with a funeral to follow at 4 p.m. at the church. Her body will be carried to the Senath Cemetery for burial.

The family asks everyone to wear white to the funeral. The public is also welcome to the afternoon service.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15279876/police-find-the-body-of-breeann-rodriguez

BreeannGM.jpg

Brought over for reference (thanks to Shutterfly and Dr Know?).

Re DianaElaine’s question in Breeann R’s Thread 5, Post #723
Asking about how soon after abductions, stranger-perps kill those children

Info from Wikipedia on Amber Alerts (w. emphasis added) Pls see article as well.

Retrieval rate
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, of the children abducted by strangers and murdered, 75% are killed within the first three hours. ….
[9] As of August 2002, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children reported that 17 children had been successfully recovered after an Amber alert was issued.[9]

Controversy about success rate Some outside scholars examining the system in depth disagree with the "official" results.[32][33][34] …. reviewed hundreds of abduction cases between 2003 and 2006 and found that Amber Alerts actually played little apparent role in the eventual return of abducted children. ….

[Study] … pointed out that AMBER Alerts are inherently constrained,
…. Finally, the implied causal model of AMBER Alert (rapid recovery can save lives) is in a sense the opposite of reality: In the worst abduction scenarios, the intentions of the perpetrator usually guarantee that anything public officials do will be "too slow."[/B

…Griffin and Miller argue that AMBER Alert acts as "crime control theater" in that it "creates the appearance but not the fact of crime control". …
====================================================
Again, more info in the article. Wish it had better news.

Wow! That's a very short time!

I've always said, if my niece's children are abducted, and I see it, or anyone else has seen the car, they call 911, I'll be out the door, chasing the car, or go in the direction he/she did and try with all my might, to find said car. I could never stand to just sit there and wait for them to come, then start searching .... could very well be too late.

That's just so scary and sad ... three hours!

I wonder then, if family abducts the child/children, if it's more or less? That is if they're killed, because I know at times, family keeps them alive.

A public prayer vigil for Breeann Rodriguez is set for 6 p.m. Friday at the Senath City Park.

Those who plan to attend are asked to wear white, pink or orange. White balloons will be released in Breeann's honor.

snip

Visitation for Breeann will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Senath Church of Christ Church, with a funeral to follow at 4 p.m. at the church. Her body will be carried to the Senath Cemetery for burial.

The family asks everyone to wear white to the funeral. The public is also welcome to the afternoon service.

How precious ... dressing in white for her funeral ... innocence.

And white, pink and orange for the balloon release, how sweet, soft yet lively colors. And white balloons to be released, innocence rising towards the Heavens. :)

Thank you so Much Flip Flop...:blowkiss:

Another small step in the process of healing. Oh how horrible I feel for this family! I think I need to light another candle.....

snip

I'm a little confused with info in the article. I can't find a Senath City Park where the memorial is to be. Also, are they saying her little body will literally be carried to the cemetery...because it's not just across the street or down the block. ?

Why can I not edit my post. I want to fill in the bits and pieces that you guys have suggested??? Anyone know?

I'm not positive, but I think you only have a limited amount of time to edit your posts.
Lord knows I'd love to go back and edit some of my old ones!

I'm a little confused with info in the article. I can't find a Senath City Park where the memorial is to be. Also, are they saying her little body will literally be carried to the cemetery...because it's not just across the street or down the block. ?

This could just be the typical "Southern" use of the term carry.....meaning to them the same thing as taken, driven, brought, etc. Just a possibility, as I do not know the actual distances involved.

jmo

edited to add....when I first lived in the south....a co-worker once stated that she had to "carry" her teen age son to the doctor before work. I literally thought she meant he was so sick that she had been required to CARRY him and said "you should have called for an ambulance" which made her hysterical as she just meant she had to TAKE him to the doctor!!!!!!

Why can I not edit my post. I want to fill in the bits and pieces that you guys have suggested??? Anyone know?

I think there is only a 2 hr time limit to edit, but you may want to ask a mod.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back