1075 users online (174 members and 901 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Top Ten Cheapest Celebrity Tippers

TMZ reported that President Obama "dropped over $200" on a burger lunch for him and a large group of campaign volunteers at Ted's Bulletin Restaurant in Washington, D.C. -- and that he "tipped more than 35%."

However, not all famous people are as generous.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/short...ean_penn_t.php

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Wow! Can't believe these cheapskates!! I usually leave no less than 25%!! The most I've left is 100% to a pregnant waitress! These servers work very hard for practically minimum wage. These "so-called" stars should be ashamed of themselves!!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

They should be ashamed of themselves.
    The very reason they made their money are the average people being fans!
    Music and sports are in every restaurant anymore.
    Here, restaurant employees make UNDER minimum wage and work to serve!
    Now if the service is bad, lower tip.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Their attitudes show nothing but a sense of entitlement.
    This justice system is so one-sided on so many levels...

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Yes, I would say no less than 20% for good friendly service.

15% for average service.

10% for mediocre service.

For bad and rude "service", 1 cent just so they know that you didn't just forget to tip.

With the exception of the last case, no matter what the percentage, I don't think you should ever leave less than 50 cents even if all you had was a free glass of water.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Wow. That's disgraceful.

The places these "stars" go to probably have very high prices but that doesn't mean the servers make much. These stars want to be seen and catered to, they should tip accordingly.

I usually leave 20% because it is easy to figure and I do make sure I give my server their tip instead of leaving it on the table. Servers, if they don't have to bus the tables themselves, often tip the bus people to quickly clean their tables so their turn over is greater. I have watched servers when they have a large party and if there are drinkers, keep their patrons supplied readily - thus they get a tip from these people over and above the tip for the main bill. It isn't an easy job in most places.

I had heard that Lebron James was a notoriously bad tipper. I am glad he is in Miami now.
    "Crack up the music and dance!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    TMZ reported that President Obama "dropped over $200" on a burger lunch for him and a large group of campaign volunteers at Ted's Bulletin Restaurant in Washington, D.C. -- and that he "tipped more than 35%."
    Respectfully snipped: doesn't he live on a budget? And, what is he doing hanging out with campaign-ers? Doesn't he have a Country to run?

But seriously, I leave at least 20% on the actual price of the meal (not on tax) using the Tip Calculator on my phone. Unless the service is bad, then I make sure they know why I am not leaving much of a tip -- either on the receipt or to their face (won't this help them?). I understand they don't make much but COULD make a considerable amount, but if I'm paying for a meal & expect service, I should GET IT! I do try to be nice & let them know up front I'm high maintenance . . .

I love reading the tabloids when the Uber-rich stiff the working class . . . but if Warren Buffet has his way, their day is coming !
    Last edited by krimekat; 08-18-2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: had to retort
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

I think it was Charles Barkley who said that Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan were really bad tippers on Oprah's show once.

I hear Drew Carey is one of the BEST tippers. He once had a $250.00 tab at Arnie Morton's Steakhouse in Los Angeles and left a $400.00 tip!! Go Drew!!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

Of course Obama can afford to leave a huge tip.....he isn't spending his OWN money, he is spending OURS!!!! All of his meals and expenses are covered while President regardless of whether he is campaigning or on any kind of what is called official travel that is actually campaigning in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    Of course Obama can afford to leave a huge tip.....he isn't spending his OWN money, he is spending OURS!!!! All of his meals and expenses are covered while President regardless of whether he is campaigning or on any kind of what is called official travel that is actually campaigning in disguise.
    Actually I remember President Bush (43) saying the president receives the grocery bill for the White House each week and pays for the food, which I found very surprising, and the bill is quite high.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

This is not a matter of "affording to leave a good tip"-- this is a stingy mindset. Very telling.

I was a little shocked at Bill Cosby and Rachel Ray!! Definitely NOT surprised by Lebron James or Tiger Woods.

That article is just crazy to me. I usually over-tip if the service is good. If I had a lot of money, one of the funnest things for me to do would be to leave crazy good tips for people!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast