Top Ten Cheapest Celebrity Tippers

Wow! Can't believe these cheapskates!! I usually leave no less than 25%!! The most I've left is 100% to a pregnant waitress! These servers work very hard for practically minimum wage. These "so-called" stars should be ashamed of themselves!!

They should be ashamed of themselves.
The very reason they made their money are the average people being fans!
Music and sports are in every restaurant anymore.
Here, restaurant employees make UNDER minimum wage and work to serve!
Now if the service is bad, lower tip.

Their attitudes show nothing but a sense of entitlement. :loser:

Yes, I would say no less than 20% for good friendly service.

15% for average service.

10% for mediocre service.

For bad and rude "service", 1 cent just so they know that you didn't just forget to tip.

With the exception of the last case, no matter what the percentage, I don't think you should ever leave less than 50 cents even if all you had was a free glass of water.

The places these "stars" go to probably have very high prices but that doesn't mean the servers make much. These stars want to be seen and catered to, they should tip accordingly.

I usually leave 20% because it is easy to figure and I do make sure I give my server their tip instead of leaving it on the table. Servers, if they don't have to bus the tables themselves, often tip the bus people to quickly clean their tables so their turn over is greater. I have watched servers when they have a large party and if there are drinkers, keep their patrons supplied readily - thus they get a tip from these people over and above the tip for the main bill. It isn't an easy job in most places.

I had heard that Lebron James was a notoriously bad tipper. I am glad he is in Miami now.

TMZ reported that President Obama "dropped over $200" on a burger lunch for him and a large group of campaign volunteers at Ted's Bulletin Restaurant in Washington, D.C. -- and that he "tipped more than 35%."

Respectfully snipped: doesn't he live on a budget? And, what is he doing hanging out with campaign-ers? Doesn't he have a Country to run?

But seriously, I leave at least 20% on the actual price of the meal (not on tax) using the Tip Calculator on my phone. Unless the service is bad, then I make sure they know why I am not leaving much of a tip -- either on the receipt or to their face (won't this help them?). I understand they don't make much but COULD make a considerable amount, but if I'm paying for a meal & expect service, I should GET IT! I do try to be nice & let them know up front I'm high maintenance . . .

I love reading the tabloids when the Uber-rich stiff the working class . . . :twocents: but if Warren Buffet has his way, their day is coming !

I think it was Charles Barkley who said that Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan were really bad tippers on Oprah's show once.

I hear Drew Carey is one of the BEST tippers. He once had a $250.00 tab at Arnie Morton's Steakhouse in Los Angeles and left a $400.00 tip!! Go Drew!!

Of course Obama can afford to leave a huge tip.....he isn't spending his OWN money, he is spending OURS!!!! All of his meals and expenses are covered while President regardless of whether he is campaigning or on any kind of what is called official travel that is actually campaigning in disguise.

Of course Obama can afford to leave a huge tip.....he isn't spending his OWN money, he is spending OURS!!!! All of his meals and expenses are covered while President regardless of whether he is campaigning or on any kind of what is called official travel that is actually campaigning in disguise.

Actually I remember President Bush (43) saying the president receives the grocery bill for the White House each week and pays for the food, which I found very surprising, and the bill is quite high.

This is not a matter of "affording to leave a good tip"-- this is a stingy mindset. Very telling.

I was a little shocked at Bill Cosby and Rachel Ray!! Definitely NOT surprised by Lebron James or Tiger Woods.

That article is just crazy to me. I usually over-tip if the service is good. If I had a lot of money, one of the funnest things for me to do would be to leave crazy good tips for people!!

Actually, the waitresses make maybe 3 dollars an hour, the cooks 7 or 8, bartenders around 7. The waitresses never tip the busboys, cooks or bartenders. Good waitresses wil. I always tipped out the busboys and cooks when I bartended. The waitresses get great tips for parties too. Its all hard work and just proves to me that money makes you more of what you are, good or bad. I leave great tips because I want good service.

I had heard that Lebron James was a notoriously bad tipper. I am glad he is in Miami now.

Athlete wise I'll add one I know for certain. Donovan McNabb.

I think it was Charles Barkley who said that Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan were really bad tippers on Oprah's show once.

Sir Charles frea*in is the best. BTW, my friend said he used to drop a nice tip himself.

I tip VERY well and if I was as wealthy as those stars, then I would tip even more. What's wrong with them? They sound crazy. I mean what are they saying to themself when they sign the receipt. There is a blank line for tip. How ignorant must you be to write in that little tip with such a large balance. PLEASE.

I will add that a number of the stories say the star came in with a large group of friends. Many places have a mandatory percentage figured into the bill if your party is larger than 8. I guess they do that so they don't get stuck with a large bill and the payor not tipping, like some of these celebs do.

OH and to Tiger Woods. Tiger, you don't have to have cash money to tip. You can put the tip on your credit card. Do you think he doesn't know that?

When I was in college I waited tables at a sports bar at the Marriott in Atlanta.
Most of the teams stayed at our hotel and would come over to the bar after a game.
I'd say over half of them were really bad tippers. It was almost like they thought they were doing you a favor by letting you take their orders and bring them drinks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back