821 users online (134 members and 687 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1182
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    88

    Possible Lead - Ely Nevada

    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...sons-case.html

    WEST VALLEY CITY West Valley Police on Thursday morning announced a possible lead in the investigation into missing West Valley mother Susan Powell who disappeared more than a year ago.

    "A team of West Valley Police Department detectives will arrive in Ely, Nev., and its surrounding area, to conduct a search and investigate the information received," according to a statement from West Valley police.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799

    Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

    West Valley Police on Thursday morning announced a possible lead in the investigation into missing West Valley mother Susan Powell who disappeared more than a year ago.

    "A team of West Valley Police Department detectives will arrive in Ely, Nev. and its surrounding area, to conduct a search and investigate the information received," according to a statement from West Valley police.

    More at link:
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=16858047

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    A possibly big break developed early Thursday in the 20-month-old case of Susan Powell, missing under suspicious circumstances since December 2009, from her West Valley City home.
    West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell said detectives had “received information in relation to the ongoing investigation” coming out of the Ely, Nev., area.
    He did not specify what that information was, nor would confirm whether Susan Powell, 28, had been found alive or dead.

    More at link:
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52...olice.html.csp

  4. #4
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Possible lead in Susan Powell missing persons case
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...sons-case.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,171
    sounds promising, whatever it is ...

    hopefully it leads to an arrest

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    97

    Thumbs up Great to hear a new lead

    Good news to hear this new lead. I get a kick out of the comment on the SLT article...
    from poster '11000'
    "lace up your running shoes josh"



    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52...-west.html.csp

    If JP was in or around Ely NV on December 7th - he 'mislead' investigators, and will be getting paid a visit by Sheriff's and hopefully be read his Miranda rights. Get the attorney on speed dial Josh!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,903
    I sure hope it pans out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,838
    This "breaking news alert" is a big deal here in Utah. The breaking news alerts have been scrolling on the bottom of all local TV stations, on my Facebook news feed, etc. all morning.

    I'm really hoping this turns out to be a break in the case, and not another dead end.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,582
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Possible lead in Susan Powell missing persons case
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...sons-case.html
    So what does this mean?
    Deseret News says "possible lead"
    Tribune says "break" or "big break" (depending on the version)

    All we know, is that LE (themselves) is going to search on Friday.

    Ely NV is where you end up, if you drive 4 hours out of the SLC area through "Pony Express" areas and stayed on paved roads OR if you drive west on I-80 and take US-93 south at the Nevada border.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,582
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    This "breaking news alert" is a big deal here in Utah. The breaking news alerts have been scrolling on the bottom of all local TV stations, on my Facebook news feed, etc. all morning.

    I'm really hoping this turns out to be a break in the case, and not another dead end.
    I'm taking this one seriously.

    I believe something's been found, connected to the case (partial human remains?) and they're going out there to search for more.
    We recently learned (via another case) that Nevada sends UID remains to the University of Texas, where students work to identify the remains. Since it can take 6-8 months, it's possible that these remains were found quite awhile ago.

    What else would lead to such a search?
    A confession? GPS? Receipts?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Quote Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
    So what does this mean?
    Deseret News says "possible lead"
    Tribune says "break" or "big break" (depending on the version)

    All we know, is that LE (themselves) is going to search on Friday.

    Ely NV is where you end up, if you drive 4 hours out of the SLC area through "Pony Express" areas and stayed on paved roads OR if you drive west on I-80 and take US-93 south at the Nevada border.
    I'm hoping that the fact WVC LE made this announcement after so much silence means this is a solid lead.

    OT-glad to see you!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
    I'm taking this one seriously.

    I believe something's been found, connected to the case (partial human remains?) and they're going out there to search for more.
    We recently learned (via another case) that Nevada sends UID remains to the University of Texas, where students work to identify the remains. Since it can take 6-8 months, it's possible that these remains were found quite awhile ago.

    What else would lead to such a search?
    A confession? GPS? Receipts?
    Good point! Also - wanted to also throw this out. Was reminded of a post on FB - a person posted on the OLD Friends and Family of SP page - Link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=198478842187 - that she saw JP at a HOTEL on that day he said he was camping. She had told Police - and had not heard back. Posters got her in contact with SP's dad about this new lead. That was a couple weeks ago. Maybe it was the hotel lead they got, and it was in Ely, NV? If JP was AT the hotel, and not Pony Express (which as we all know was obviously a lie) then JP best be getting prepared to start answering questions and may be soon visiting the gray bar hotel.
    Last edited by nosylla; 08-18-2011 at 12:27 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    6,641
    Saying a prayer for Susan and her family at this time! My fingers are crossed!

    wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    482
    I can only pray that what ever this break in the case is, that it ends the torture that the Cox family has endured over the last 20 months. I know it won't end it completely, but at least they will be able to give Susan the proper memorial that she deserves. No one has the right to discard another person's loved one like they meant nothing.

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Special Edition Mon. Feb 6th 2012 Susan Powell Case
    By Tricia in forum Websleuths Radio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 10:12 PM
  2. Susan Powell Case - 1 Year Later
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 01:27 PM
  3. Susan Cox Powell case related links
    By PickieChickie in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 01:45 AM

Tags for this Thread