GUILTY FL - Brittany Lester for child abuse, St Petersburg, 2011

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Okay, this is a weird one. Mom sends texts and pics to ex, pretending to abuse their 1 month old baby. LE found the baby and her 3 year old unharmed. Mom is charged anyway - I assume because of the staged pictures she put the baby in.

Woman, 20, accused of taunting ex-boyfriend with photos, texts of child abuse

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 01:45 PM

The messages were accompanied by equally disturbing images, police said, of the baby in a variety of staged positions: upside down in a trash can, shoved under two motel mattresses and lying down with a cell-phone charger in his mouth, police said.

One picture, according a police report, shows Lester apparently choking the child, and another shows him with a plastic bag over his head.

Lester was charged with aggravated child abuse and held without bail.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...iend-with-photos-texts-of-child-abuse/1186656

There are some very sick people out there. I fear for this baby and his sister. Sad.

This story is very strange. I am so glad that they found the children unhurt and took custody. I am also glad that the maternal grandmother declined the offered custody of said children. Something not right with the whole family is my guess.

Now there's a catch 22! the things people will do just to hurt thevery people they had children with sickens me!

This doesn't sound fake to me, it sounds like very real child abuse. What a horrible thing to do to both baby and dad!!

This doesn't sound fake to me, it sounds like very real child abuse. What a horrible thing to do to both baby and dad!!

I agree - putting the baby in the trash can and under the mattresses etc - the things she did for the pictures - very real abuse. I just couldn't think of quite how to word what it was that she did. My poor choice of words. :)

sick joke, sick twisted cry for attention...thank god they were unharmed, but still the mattress, the abuse ( mattresses, bag over the head) while staging the pics?? wtf???

that was real abuse IMO. putting a plastic bag over such a tiny one's head long enough to snap a pic, why take risks like that?

I agree! Even if mummy didn't carry out the abuse, and it appeared staged, it's still abuse IMHO. You don't put a bag over a baby's head, put a baby in a trash can, or between two mattresses and not call it abuse. The baby may not have been physically harmed, but you can't put a child in those positions/conditions and call it parenting.

And who's to say she wouldn't carry out the real act of danger a week or two from now.

I'm glad she was busted, and I hope the baby finds a more loving and secure home.

JMHO.

Mel

I hope those 2 little ones get adopted by loving people and never go home to this nut case......and I am expressing that because I fear that on our judicial system she will get probation and then want her kids back.

Maybe they'll bring in jurors from Orange County:rolleyes:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.

we'll be hearing about her again for sure ... I fear she'll go on to hurt children (hers or others) in a very permanent way in the future

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back