SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
alt_peggy.jpg

Peggy Lynn Alt

Endangered Missing from High Ridge, Missouri since March 2, 1985

Age: 17 -- Height: 5'0" -- Weight: 125 pounds -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Peggy has a burn scar on her left bicep.

Peggy was last seen in High Ridge, Missouri on March 2, 1985, two days before her 18th birthday. She packed her belongings, left her family's home, and never returned. It's unclear whether she left alone or with someone else. She has never been heard from again. Foul play is suspected.

Doe Network

NamUs

Charley Project

Sad! I went to school with this girl and her siblings and I just found that she went "missing" in 1985. This is the first time many of our classmates, myself included, were made aware of the situation.

I grew up a few suburbs away from High Ridge, myself, but wasn't living in MO when she went missing. Seems like Jefferson Co. Sheriff may have treated this as a runaway situation at the time and gave up.

Here's a link to their missing poster for Peggy

http://www.jcsd.org/Missing%20Persons/ALT%20%20Web%20Site%20Missing%20Person%20Form.pdf

Did you go to Northwest HS?

If you knew Peggy, did she have a boyfriend or anyone else she knew who disappeared at the same time? Did she have a car of her own? Hopefully she was a runaway and is somewhere else living a new life. Perhaps she can be reunited with her family.

Yes I went to Northwest. I don't know about the boyfriend situation..no one from our school is missing, at least not that I know of. What is weird that I never remember hearing anything at school or her siblings talking about her going missing, infact I just learned about it after I read a post on FB from a friend that they thought her case is being reopened. I don't remember anything in the papers about it (not that it wasn't)..just so strange. I was shocked that so many others were not aware of it either. <modsnip> I really can't see her just cutting off communication with her sisters. MOO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information. It's good the county is re-opening the case. Was her family situation a bad one? Does any of her family still live in the area? I hate to think this girl met with foul play. It's possible if she hasn't contacted anyone since then.

hi all. i lived a few houses down from the Alt's. we went to school and church together. i now live 2 houses from their old house i came home from work monday 9-26 and the jefferson county crime scene department. was in their old back yard digging. the story is still not in the paper or anything. i cannot confirm what the police was doing digging in the yard but the percentages say what the police was doing back there.

Thanks Blinton, I am glad something is happening. I can't believe the papers have made no mention of it. I will never understand how someone can go missing and no one seems to care. Do you know if both of her parents are still living? I hope the entire family is reinterviewed. I hope she is found.

the dogs will be here thursday oct 13. my neighbor who's property they are checking (wooded lot). he ask the detectives why they didnt pursue this before now. they claimed to have gotten a call after peggy went missing that she came home. naturally they wouldnt say why they kick started the case. i think i may call the local papers and let them get involved. i will give an update by the weekend. have a good week

We live in the neighborhood as well - right off the main road. A friend lives up further and his backyard will be searched as well. My husband has lived in our home (family home) for over 40 years and Peggy would have been his age now. He remembers this well because the Alt kids rode the bus with him<modsnip>. He also remembers that everyone thought Peggy had gone to live with an Aunt or Grandmother in another state - NEVER that she had gone missing.

The undercover detectives that went around getting signed permission from home owners to search the property (woods) informed us of the 26 year old cold case they were investigating. They wouldn't say who - but it wasn't hard to figure out. CSI has been up at both the neighbors home as well as the old family home. My understanding is that there were a lot of relatives that lived in surrounding homes there as well - years ago.

<modsnip> Our forensic teams weren't as sophisticated as they are now to perform any search for missing people.

The only thing that I can think of too is that someone leaked information. If it was in fact foul play - these things sometimes get told on someones death bed - or from prison. It is so very sad. I only hope that they find whatever it is they are looking for tomorrow and bring this to rest. Bring poor little Peggy to rest...and hopefully the family was not involved in this - and bring closure to them.

Prayers are with all those involved.

Does anyone know what happened to all of the Alt kids? I have tried searching for them and have found nothing. I am sure the girls have all married and I don't remember many of the boy's names..as I was in school with most of the girls.

My Aunt lives in the House Springs/High Ridge area. We used to ride our horses on HWY 30 while they were doing highway construction. It's a small world.

I think Leah Thorson reporter from the Post-Dispatch covers Jefferson County.

Maybe I see if differently than some, and I am open to hear others opinions on this, but I think if my almost 18 year old daughter ran off with a boyfriend I would not waste the police's time reporting her missing if I knew where she was, unless she was in danger or forced to go against her will or something. I pray they find her soon!

What happened with the detectives investigating for Alt?

<modsnip: Speculation not based on any known connection to this case>

Last edited by a moderator:
wondering if there are any updates from the locals. Also, from Peggy's pictures looks like one of her top front teeth was discolored...does anyone remember what it looked like in person?

thanks!

"30 years gone: Sister, Sheriff&#8217;s lieutenant continue search for Peggy Alt"

http://www.myleaderpaper.com/news/years-gone-sister-sheriff-s-lieutenant-continue-search-for-peggy/article_7d06e54c-d4ad-11e4-b29a-776ebe634eaa.html

Thirty years ago, on March 2, 1985, Peggy Alt left her home on Williams Creek Road in High Ridge on foot, two days before her 18th birthday. No one reports ever seeing her again.

Peggy&#8217;s sister, Bobbie O&#8217;Kelley, 45, who now lives in Poplar Bluff, said she still holds a slim hope that her sister, who would now be 48, is alive. And she is haunted by the uncertainty.

&#8220;I can accept it if it turns out she is dead,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I don&#8217;t need to know who, what or when, just where she is and whether she&#8217;s OK or not.&#8221;

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back