1028 users online (203 members and 825 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 2

Please continue here.

SOME REMINDERS:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Comments following MSM articles may be paraphrased, but may NOT be copied and pasted. A link to the article must be provided. If you can't paraphrase, you may say something like "see the comment today at 1:30 p.m."

Linking to Blocked URLs

If, when posting a link to another site, the address is replaced by asterisks ****** in your post, this means it is a blocked site and should not be linked or posted here in any way. We understand that many do not know a site is blocked until they attempt to post the address. So,please delete your post if you inadvertently post a blocked site, or contact the forum moderator for assistance. Remember, if you cannot link to the source, you cannot copy any information from that site in your post. There are various reasons for blocking certain sites and attempts to circumvent these blocks by altering the link to bypass the censor will be met with zero tolerance and a potential permanent ban.

If you have any questions, contact a member of the mod team and they will help you out.

Please thank this post after reading it.

Salem
    Last edited by Salem; 08-22-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Bringing this over as the pictures are helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Here are a couple of photos that will hopefully help clarify the location where she was last seen.

Location in relation to the Island:

She was allegedly snorkeling in the Nanki Beach area and there was one remark somewhere suggesting that they were swimming around the tip towards the entrance to the Baby Beach Lagoon:

I feel sorry for Robyn's family...nothing coming out about their daughter that doesn't have a negative connotation...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I feel sorry for Robyn's family...nothing coming out about their daughter that doesn't have a negative connotation...
    I agree, it's very sad. I can't recall them on the NG show, or did I miss them somewhere on TV?? Just can't recall seeing anyone except a friend, or the b.f. (roomate) but no co-workers yet to say whether or not she was fired OR lay off of work.

Would be nice to hear from others beyond those more questionable with true answers of this young woman's last days, weeks, etc. (frame of mind) with people who would know.

I think she has a brother who has spoken out. I haven't seen him that I recall however, on TV.
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

Do we have a link to the new documents released today? I didn't find them at CNN
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzychick View Post
    Do we have a link to the new documents released today? I didn't find them at CNN
    Thanks!
    I did not see any links to the documents
    Just the news saying they had them

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Bringing this over as the pictures are helpful.
    Question please, Last seen by whom? I've heard she was seen in the dive shop restaurant approx 4pm.

After that I think GG is reporting her last seen snorkeling. I'm looking for independent verification on her last seen by independent observers if possible.

Another question, has it been reported where her/his cell phone, pocket book, belongings were located?

Another question, did GG know Robyn's ex-husband or have contact with him from before? In other words, I'm questioning if a triangle existed in some form.

I'm really curious about the water/wind/wave conditions at the time that Robyn allegedly went into the water. I have been unable to find charts for Aug 2, but in looking at general charts for the coming week, the wave direction seems to be consistent.

Here's a link:

http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/...ch/weather_map

From the same site, at the bottom of the page, there is information about the riptides

http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/...Rodger-s-Beach

Overlaying that image onto a Google Earth image (to get the exact location of Aruba on the map) it looks like the winds are from the East to the West. It would really help to have the tidal charts and I'll continue looking for them, but on the surface, it appears that someone disappearing in riptides on the South West tip of the Island would drift South West.

According to the transcript, Giordano told police that he feared for his life when he signaled for Gardner to turn back and didn't look for her as he swam for shore.
    "I only looked back when I hit a rock," the document quotes Giordano as telling investigators. "Before that, I did not look back. I was only busy saving my life."
    Gardner had been snorkeling before and was a comfortable swimmer, he said. And he showed police scrapes on his legs, but he said he did not know how they happened.
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americ...ion=cnn_latest

Does anyone know what the lawsuit between Costco and GG was about in 2009? It appears Costco won the case and $5,000.

Google (GIORDANO, GARY) Vs: (COSTCO HEADQUARTERS ) for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Leomoon80 View Post
    I agree, it's very sad. I can't recall them on the NG show, or did I miss them somewhere on TV?? Just can't recall seeing anyone except a friend, or the b.f. (roomate) but no co-workers yet to say whether or not she was fired OR lay off of work.

Would be nice to hear from others beyond those more questionable with true answers of this young woman's last days, weeks, etc. (frame of mind) with people who would know.

I think she has a brother who has spoken out. I haven't seen him that I recall however, on TV.
    The family has expressed their appreciation for the thorough investigation in Aruba and have declined to do anything (like be part of the Nancy Grace crime entertainment industry) that would interfere with the investigation. It looks like people associated with Robyn are using common sense and not allowing the talking heads to make a mess of the investigation by spreading lies based on their words. In this case, NG is left to make things up all by herself and, for the most part, it's obvious that she doesn't know what she's talking about - but that hasn't stopped her from creating fantasy and pretending that it is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by HatesSociopaths View Post
    Does anyone know what the lawsuit between Costco and GG was about in 2009? It appears Costco won the case and $5,000.

Google (GIORDANO, GARY) Vs COSTCO HEADQUARTERS ) for more info.
    I believe there were four theft charges (theft under $500) against GVG, and that may be part of it. Those four charges are the only criminal charges against GVG on record. They all relate to electronic equipment like game machines (xbox).

Among the inconsistencies, Stein said, was how Giordano described the sea at the time of the snorkeling.

“He said it was a rough sea and we came to the conclusion that the sea was extremely calm,” Stein said, adding that there “were a number of things like that that were contradicting each other. And that’s why we presented the case.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...imNJ_blog.html

That lady from the Casey Anthony case said that the photographs were recovered from HIS cell phone.

She has redish hair and usually reports for CourtTV, sorry I can't remember her name. (Jean Casarez)

ETA: They are talking about the case right now on HLN.

ETA#2: Coming up is news on JVS ... they said he may be getting out of jail in Peru because they can only hold someone for 18 months without a verdict.
    Last edited by sunsetbeach; 08-18-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Back to lurking mode.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetbeach View Post
    That lady from the Casey Anthony case said that the photographs were recovered from HIS cell phone.

She has redish hair and usually reports for CourtTV, sorry I can't remember her name.

ETA: They are talking about the case right now on HLN.
    Jean Casares.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast