Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

SOME REMINDERS:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Comments following MSM articles may be paraphrased, but may NOT be copied and pasted. A link to the article must be provided. If you can't paraphrase, you may say something like "see the comment today at 1:30 p.m."

Linking to Blocked URLs

If, when posting a link to another site, the address is replaced by asterisks ****** in your post, this means it is a blocked site and should not be linked or posted here in any way. We understand that many do not know a site is blocked until they attempt to post the address. So,please delete your post if you inadvertently post a blocked site, or contact the forum moderator for assistance. Remember, if you cannot link to the source, you cannot copy any information from that site in your post. There are various reasons for blocking certain sites and attempts to circumvent these blocks by altering the link to bypass the censor will be met with zero tolerance and a potential permanent ban.

If you have any questions, contact a member of the mod team and they will help you out.

Please thank this post after reading it.

Salem

Bringing this over as the pictures are helpful.

Here are a couple of photos that will hopefully help clarify the location where she was last seen.

Location in relation to the Island:

colson__snorkel.jpg

She was allegedly snorkeling in the Nanki Beach area and there was one remark somewhere suggesting that they were swimming around the tip towards the entrance to the Baby Beach Lagoon:

Colson_Snorkel__.jpg

I feel sorry for Robyn's family...nothing coming out about their daughter that doesn't have a negative connotation...

I feel sorry for Robyn's family...nothing coming out about their daughter that doesn't have a negative connotation...

I agree, it's very sad. I can't recall them on the NG show, or did I miss them somewhere on TV?? Just can't recall seeing anyone except a friend, or the b.f. (roomate) but no co-workers yet to say whether or not she was fired OR lay off of work.

Would be nice to hear from others beyond those more questionable with true answers of this young woman's last days, weeks, etc. (frame of mind) with people who would know.

I think she has a brother who has spoken out. I haven't seen him that I recall however, on TV.

Do we have a link to the new documents released today? I didn't find them at CNN
Thanks!

Do we have a link to the new documents released today? I didn't find them at CNN
Thanks!

I did not see any links to the documents
Just the news saying they had them

Bringing this over as the pictures are helpful.

Question please, Last seen by whom? I've heard she was seen in the dive shop restaurant approx 4pm.

After that I think GG is reporting her last seen snorkeling. I'm looking for independent verification on her last seen by independent observers if possible.

Another question, has it been reported where her/his cell phone, pocket book, belongings were located?

Another question, did GG know Robyn's ex-husband or have contact with him from before? In other words, I'm questioning if a triangle existed in some form.

I'm really curious about the water/wind/wave conditions at the time that Robyn allegedly went into the water. I have been unable to find charts for Aug 2, but in looking at general charts for the coming week, the wave direction seems to be consistent.

Here's a link:

http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Outside-Rodger-s-Beach/weather_map

From the same site, at the bottom of the page, there is information about the riptides

http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Outside-Rodger-s-Beach

Overlaying that image onto a Google Earth image (to get the exact location of Aruba on the map) it looks like the winds are from the East to the West. It would really help to have the tidal charts and I'll continue looking for them, but on the surface, it appears that someone disappearing in riptides on the South West tip of the Island would drift South West.

colsonwindmap.jpg

According to the transcript, Giordano told police that he feared for his life when he signaled for Gardner to turn back and didn't look for her as he swam for shore.
"I only looked back when I hit a rock," the document quotes Giordano as telling investigators. "Before that, I did not look back. I was only busy saving my life."
Gardner had been snorkeling before and was a comfortable swimmer, he said. And he showed police scrapes on his legs, but he said he did not know how they happened.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/08/18/aruba.missing.woman/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Does anyone know what the lawsuit between Costco and GG was about in 2009? It appears Costco won the case and $5,000.

Google (GIORDANO, GARY) Vs: (COSTCO HEADQUARTERS ) for more info.

I agree, it's very sad. I can't recall them on the NG show, or did I miss them somewhere on TV?? Just can't recall seeing anyone except a friend, or the b.f. (roomate) but no co-workers yet to say whether or not she was fired OR lay off of work.

Would be nice to hear from others beyond those more questionable with true answers of this young woman's last days, weeks, etc. (frame of mind) with people who would know.

I think she has a brother who has spoken out. I haven't seen him that I recall however, on TV.

The family has expressed their appreciation for the thorough investigation in Aruba and have declined to do anything (like be part of the Nancy Grace crime entertainment industry) that would interfere with the investigation. It looks like people associated with Robyn are using common sense and not allowing the talking heads to make a mess of the investigation by spreading lies based on their words. In this case, NG is left to make things up all by herself and, for the most part, it's obvious that she doesn't know what she's talking about - but that hasn't stopped her from creating fantasy and pretending that it is fact.

Does anyone know what the lawsuit between Costco and GG was about in 2009? It appears Costco won the case and $5,000.

Google (GIORDANO, GARY) Vs:( COSTCO HEADQUARTERS ) for more info.

I believe there were four theft charges (theft under $500) against GVG, and that may be part of it. Those four charges are the only criminal charges against GVG on record. They all relate to electronic equipment like game machines (xbox).

That lady from the Casey Anthony case said that the photographs were recovered from HIS cell phone.

She has redish hair and usually reports for CourtTV, sorry I can't remember her name. (Jean Casarez)

ETA: They are talking about the case right now on HLN.

ETA#2: Coming up is news on JVS ... they said he may be getting out of jail in Peru because they can only hold someone for 18 months without a verdict.

That lady from the Casey Anthony case said that the photographs were recovered from HIS cell phone.

She has redish hair and usually reports for CourtTV, sorry I can't remember her name.

Jean Casares. :)

She has redish hair and usually reports for CourtTV, sorry I can't remember her name.

ETA#2: Coming up is news on JVS ... they said he may be getting out of jail in Peru.

Maybe he can help with the search for Robyn ... he may know quite a bit about making people disappear in Aruba.

I believe there were four theft charges (theft under $500) against GVG, and that may be part of it. Those four charges are the only criminal charges against GVG on record. They all relate to electronic equipment like game machines (xbox).

This is definitely a separate incident, many years apart.

She has redish hair and usually reports for CourtTV, sorry I can't remember her name. (Jean Casarez)

ETA#2: Coming up is news on JVS ... they said he may be getting out of jail in Peru because they can only hold someone for 18 months without a verdict.[/QUOTE]

My bolding
Was just watching it. Charges have to be filed against him by Dec, they still have time. Sounds like the attorney for the family is getting concerned but thye can file the charges any day now.

Jean C did say something interesting. She said she had asked Taco Stein when she was in Aruba why no charges were ever brought against Van der Sloot, Taco Stein told her it was because he didn't have a body. It will be interesting to see if they can bring charges against GG if they don't find Robyn's body.

JMHO

According to the transcript, Giordano told police that he feared for his life when he signaled for Gardner to turn back and didn't look for her as he swam for shore.

"I only looked back when I hit a rock," the document quotes Giordano as telling investigators. "Before that, I did not look back. I was only busy saving my life."

Gardner had been snorkeling before and was a comfortable swimmer, he said. And he showed police scrapes on his legs, but he said he did not know how they happened.

Swimming story dosen't sound solid from what? He's a comfortable swimmer who was busy saving his life? I'm puzzled... is he being chased by a shark? Got caught in a riptide...LE reported waters were calm.

Really, you don't leave your diving partner, scuba or snorkle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82