Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 654

Thread: ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 August 2011 - #2

  1. #626
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    If they were in cahoots, and both involved in something like that, would he be so obvious as to be friends on FB? Especially given RF's very public current use of FB and the media?

    Can Alex Matthews FB from prison? I looked at RF's FB page but it's set to private, can't see his friend list.

    I'm thinking they became "friends" after this all happened. I highly doubt they are in cahoots.

    Who knows if it is actually AM posting, but either way it's not good. AM sued the Aruban Gov for Human Rights matters for a prior incarceration at KIA, maybe he get's internet time to ward off a future suit

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelFish For This Useful Post:


  3. #627
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelFish View Post
    I'm thinking they became "friends" after this all happened. I highly doubt they are in cahoots.

    Who knows if it is actually AM posting, but either way it's not good. AM sued the Aruban Gov for Human Rights matters for a prior incarceration at KIA, maybe he get's internet time to ward off a future suit
    I'm familiar with AM. But is RF, does he even know who he is?

    I know that AM's wife has posted on FB.

    I looked at RF's page, it's private, can't see his friend list. How were you able to see it, are you a FB friend of RF?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:


  5. #628
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    If they were in cahoots, and both involved in something like that, would he be so obvious as to be friends on FB? Especially given RF's very public current use of FB and the media?

    Can Alex Matthews FB from prison? I looked at RF's FB page but it's set to private, can't see his friend list.

    Like I said, I was reaching.

    However, I've seen some really dumb criminals before.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:


  7. #629
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    I'm familiar with AM. But is RF, does he even know who he is?

    I know that AM's wife has posted on FB.

    I looked at RF's page, it's private, can't see his friend list. How were you able to see it, are you a FB friend of RF?

    Yes, I think he is accepting many friend requests. Perhaps AM sent the request to RF, who knows.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelFish For This Useful Post:


  9. #630
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelFish View Post
    Yes, I think he is accepting many friend requests. Perhaps AM sent the request to RF, who knows.
    It sounds like RF is accepting anyone that requests. He may not have had any idea who AM is. I have seen his wife's posts on random pages before and complain about authorities, could be she sent it. Are they conversing with each other on FB?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:


  11. #631
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    It sounds like RF is accepting anyone that requests. He may not have had any idea who AM is. I have seen his wife's posts on random pages before and complain about authorities, could be she sent it. Are they conversing with each other on FB?

    Not on the wall.

  12. #632
    Here is a video clip from ABC News International...stating that a new witness now disputes GG's claim of snorkeling with RG. Also, you will see GG in the video without his hairpiece(s).

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=14350220

  13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Bystander For This Useful Post:


  14. #633
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    Facts are relevant, yes, many times things get posted as facts which are not facts, especially when it comes to robyn's personal life and what kind of person some think she was.

    It is a fact that women have come forward making claims about GG's violent nature. It is not a leap to think he may have done the same to Robyn.

    It is a fact that Robyn had been interested in modeling, it isn't a fact that it means porn. Those pics on the modeling site were suggestive but hardly considered porn in today's world. You can make an assumption but it isn't a fact.

    It's a fact that she had known GG for at least a year, at one time they had a personal relationship that involved sex, maybe they were going to have sex again in Aruba. Big deal, it's 2011, women have been liberated, adult women have sex, they even enjoy it. Doesn't make her "that kind of person". Women get "enhancements", must be hundreds of thousands of women with boob jobs, doesn't make them all porn star wannabes.

    It is a fact that she just lost her job. It is a fact that she was not in a good place with her boyfriend, they weren't married.

    It's a fact that there were pornographic images found. It's also a fact that an Arubian local reporter, comes out and gives specific details about the pics, stating that in some she is posing naked, so what, hardly a scandal. In others, only organs are shown, it can't be determined if she was even awake in them or consented. Couple that with GG's history it could certainlly be that she was drugged and that she DIDN'T consent to those. that doesn't mean she is being portrayed as Bambi.

    JMHO
    I don't believe there is anything in GGs history to suggest that he drugs women. That is something which has been speculated here to explain her condition and behaviour. But the more likely explanation is that is just how she is, it is not necessary to invent some convoluted nefarious explanation. The only reason for doing that is to portray her as some sort of Bambi character who has been seduced by the spell of an evil villian. It is an all too common thing on boards like this, where the victim is santitized and the alleged perpetrator villianized. But real people are not like that, they are not some characters in the cheap novels at the supermarket checkout stand. When people do that, they create an alternate reality of what happened, which makes it hard to figure out what really happened. We have seen all sorts of things being suggested here, that he is some sort of sociopath that has lured an innocent, unsuspecting and naive young woman to a foreign land to carry out a dastardly plot to make porn, drug her, rape her and murder her while making it appear that she drifted out to sea.

    Reality is not like that. These both appear to be people who live lives on the edge. I think this story is pretty simple IMO. These are two mature life-experienced people who went to Aruba to have some fun. Alcohol is allmost certainly involved, so is sex, probably drugs as well. They apparently shot dubious pictures of each other. Hate to break it to you but that is PORN. Nothing wrong with that, couples do it all the time. Judgement is not a strong point in that mix. They go to the beach, go snorkeling or whatever, get separated and one makes it to shore while the other doesnt. I think that all there is to it, just a tragic end.

  15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:


  16. #634
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    148
    Oh wow! CE is also FB friends with AM. CE's page is no longer set to private. She, btw, was on Geraldo just a few moments ago; she says she plans to do lectures to educate others of the dangers etc.

  17. #635
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    I don't believe there is anything in GGs history to suggest that he drugs women. That is something which has been speculated here to explain her condition and behaviour. But the more likely explanation is that is just how she is, it is not necessary to invent some convoluted nefarious explanation. The only reason for doing that is to portray her as some sort of Bambi character who has been seduced by the spell of an evil villian. It is an all too common thing on boards like this, where the victim is santitized and the alleged perpetrator villianized. But real people are not like that, they are not some characters in the cheap novels at the supermarket checkout stand. When people do that, they create an alternate reality of what happened, which makes it hard to figure out what really happened. We have seen all sorts of things being suggested here, that he is some sort of sociopath that has lured an innocent, unsuspecting and naive young woman to a foreign land to carry out a dastardly plot to make porn, drug her, rape her and murder her while making it appear that she drifted out to sea.

    Reality is not like that. These both appear to be people who live lives on the edge. I think this story is pretty simple IMO. These are two mature life-experienced people who went to Aruba to have some fun. Alcohol is allmost certainly involved, so is sex, probably drugs as well. They apparently shot dubious pictures of each other. Hate to break it to you but that is PORN. Nothing wrong with that, couples do it all the time. Judgement is not a strong point in that mix. They go to the beach, go snorkeling or whatever, get separated and one makes it to shore while the other doesnt. I think that all there is to it, just a tragic end.
    If it was that simple there would be no discrepancies in his story or a fisherman who saw them leave the beach and drive away after a short walk.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HatesSociopaths For This Useful Post:


  19. #636
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelFish View Post
    Speaking of human trafficking, the BF is FB friends with an alleged Human Trafficker currently incarcerated at KIA. Alex Mathew owner of the Foxy Lady Aruba. I'm thinking it is not a good idea for RF to be FB friends with an inmate in the same jail as GG.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:


  21. #637
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by HatesSociopaths View Post
    If it was that simple there would be no discrepancies in his story or a fisherman who saw them leave the beach and drive away after a short walk.
    Maybe he wasn't aware that his story had to be discrepancy free at the time he went swimming.

    Keep in mind that he was likely somewhat drunk himself at the time. Having a friend disappear like that is also going to be somewhat traumatic, his mind is going to be a blurr.

    Remember, these are real people we are talking about, not characters in a cheap novel.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:


  23. #638
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    Maybe he wasn't aware that his story had to be discrepancy free at the time he went swimming.

    Keep in mind that he was likely somewhat drunk himself at the time. Having a friend disappear like that is also going to be somewhat traumatic, his mind is going to be a blurr.

    Remember, these are real people we are talking about, not characters in a cheap novel.
    The point is that the fisherman never saw them go in the water. It's not surprising that GG would have discrepancies in his story considering that it is a lie.

    I think it's very important to realize this is not a cheap novel. Someone is dead and it could happen again. Especially if a slipshod investigation is done and it is determined that she simply drowned while snorkeling. That almost happened already.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HatesSociopaths For This Useful Post:


  25. #639
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    Maybe he wasn't aware that his story had to be discrepancy free at the time he went swimming.

    Keep in mind that he was likely somewhat drunk himself at the time. Having a friend disappear like that is also going to be somewhat traumatic, his mind is going to be a blurr.

    Remember, these are real people we are talking about, not characters in a cheap novel.

    Except he took out a $1.5 Million policy, tired to leave the Island without telling ALE and lied to Customs Officers.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelFish For This Useful Post:


  27. #640
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,289
    In reality, people do evil things, kill, and accidents happen. It isn't only in cheap novels that people die by the hands of another (either deliberately or accidentally).

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:


  29. #641
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    Here is a video clip from ABC News International...stating that a new witness now disputes GG's claim of snorkeling with RG. Also, you will see GG in the video without his hairpiece(s).

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=14350220
    What took the witness 2 weeks to tell his story? Surely everyone in Aruba would have heard all about the case now?

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:


  31. #642
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    What took the witness 2 weeks to tell his story? Surely everyone in Aruba would have heard all about the case now?
    It could be that the witness came forward earlier and we are just hearing about it now.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngelFish For This Useful Post:


  33. #643
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,145
    Plus LE said he kept changing his toupees, didn't they? Why do that, if he had nothing to hide?
    Just my opinion, of course.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  35. #644
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Plus LE said he kept changing his toupees, didn't they? Why do that, if he had nothing to hide?
    How many toupees does one need for a 5 day trip? I'd say 2 at most; he'd need a spare just in case.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelFish For This Useful Post:


  37. #645
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oxon Hill, MD
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Plus LE said he kept changing his toupees, didn't they? Why do that, if he had nothing to hide?
    Bedbugs? Didn't match his shirt? Trying to impress someone? Who knows?
    If you hear hoofbeats in the distance, try not to think of Zebras.... It is most probable that you're hearing horses...... but Zebras are much cooler........

  38. #646
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oxon Hill, MD
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelFish View Post
    It could be that the witness came forward earlier and we are just hearing about it now.
    This is a mention to a prior quote about the timeline of witnesses.....If you've never been to the Caribbean, and let me clarify.... the Caribbean (not inclusive resorts with dance lessons), please allow me to explain the islands.... local people mind their own business. Always. Most people I know in the region have no TV, no radio, and if someone went missing, while sad, there are better things to do. Unless approached directly, they wouldn't say a thing. Others on the forum who know local caribs would concur. It's a different pace and a different world.
    Last edited by Overanalyst; 08-22-2011 at 03:12 AM. Reason: none
    If you hear hoofbeats in the distance, try not to think of Zebras.... It is most probable that you're hearing horses...... but Zebras are much cooler........

  39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Overanalyst For This Useful Post:


  40. #647
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelFish View Post
    Oh wow! CE is also FB friends with AM. CE's page is no longer set to private. She, btw, was on Geraldo just a few moments ago; she says she plans to do lectures to educate others of the dangers etc.
    I'm not even sure I believe this woman's story. Have they proved what she said actually occurred? I think not. Seems to me she's trying to benefit by that family's loss.

    She's nasty and has bad karma. I hope it comes back around to bite her.

    That being said, I do believe GG is lying and has something to hide and I believe the other women who have come forward with stories about him but this particular woman is not being honest. I feel it in my gut and that is just my opinion.

    She wants to make a buck off that poor family's trauma.

  41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to suniskye For This Useful Post:


  42. #648
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    CE/TT "modeling trip" phone call/story

    Quote Originally Posted by suniskye View Post
    I'm not even sure I believe this woman's story. Have they proved what she said actually occurred? I think not. Seems to me she's trying to benefit by that family's loss.

    She's nasty and has bad karma. I hope it comes back around to bite her.

    That being said, I do believe GG is lying and has something to hide and I believe the other women who have come forward with stories about him but this particular woman is not being honest. I feel it in my gut and that is just my opinion.

    She wants to make a buck off that poor family's trauma.
    So are you thinking they were never even contacted by him?? I find what clips I have seen of CE pretty obviously a publicity thing, but I don't find it hard to believe that he may have contacted attractive women and women with modeling profiles on the web though... are you thinking she made it up, or just embellished it??

    I do think that the angle in which she takes it-- trying to spin him as overtly sexual and frighteningly angry and all that, and then talking about it in terms of those dates and location-- could be harmful to the case being thought about from all angles, hopefully not in Aruba/LE, since I doubt they are watching all that junk lol, but any information that obscures one from being able to get a clear picture of what could have happened is not useful.. I do hope that if she *is* lying, that people are not too sidetracked by having to fit their theories and motives into the idea that GVG had just been "shopping" for a girl to take on this trip and thus it was premeditated (it may have been, the insurance thing would also support premeditation, but I have not seen anything convincing on the insurance, and CE and daughter are not very convincing to me either, but if one takes their statements at face value, that would indeed point more towards premeditation IMO)

    Anyways, I do see that if it was for the family's publicity or $, she would want to sensationalize it in terms of "this could have easily been my daughter in RG's shoes" but that is really really sick to even try to portray that, if untrue.. plus, RG and GVG had an ongoing relationship or other interaction and were not meeting for the first time, and SHE, from what we know, is the one who initiated wanting to go on a trip-- if that is true (about the trip being in response to her problems/stress and her text to GVG) then it really seems sketchy that he was supposedly actively "recruiting" someone for those very dates and locations...

    Does anyone else have more info on the timing of what info was made public versus what "facts" were reported by GE or how her story may have changed over time or added details that have come out at a later date? (I haven't seen all the shows and such, which is why I ask) That seems like a decent way to check the credibility of any specific claims. I wonder if she has actually talked to the FBI if they would check phone records and such to verify the info?

    It does seem like if investigators are getting that info she would want to be honest, and that they'd check that out.. in my mind, that info being credible would affect my thoughts on the case greatly, but I am not thinking it is entirely credible at this point anyway (beyond the fact JMO that GVG really did contact them about modeling-- this fits with his pattern IMO and I guess I cannot envision CE making this up from scratch and telling the FBI... I guess stranger things have happened, but just my feeling on it) Interested to hear other thoughts about what did or didn't happen with CE and TT, and how their comments reflect on the case history as disclosed over time in the media and by authorities..

  43. #649
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Overanalyst View Post
    This is a mention to a prior quote about the timeline of witnesses.....If you've never been to the Caribbean, and let me clarify.... the Caribbean (not inclusive resorts with dance lessons), please allow me to explain the islands.... local people mind their own business. Always. Most people I know in the region have no TV, no radio, and if someone went missing, while sad, there are better things to do. Unless approached directly, they wouldn't say a thing. Others on the forum who know local caribs would concur. It's a different pace and a different world.

    Island time.

  44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngelFish For This Useful Post:


  45. #650
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by robaba View Post
    So are you thinking they were never even contacted by him?? I find what clips I have seen of CE pretty obviously a publicity thing, but I don't find it hard to believe that he may have contacted attractive women and women with modeling profiles on the web though... are you thinking she made it up, or just embellished it??

    I do think that the angle in which she takes it-- trying to spin him as overtly sexual and frighteningly angry and all that, and then talking about it in terms of those dates and location-- could be harmful to the case being thought about from all angles, hopefully not in Aruba/LE, since I doubt they are watching all that junk lol, but any information that obscures one from being able to get a clear picture of what could have happened is not useful.. I do hope that if she *is* lying, that people are not too sidetracked by having to fit their theories and motives into the idea that GVG had just been "shopping" for a girl to take on this trip and thus it was premeditated (it may have been, the insurance thing would also support premeditation, but I have not seen anything convincing on the insurance, and CE and daughter are not very convincing to me either, but if one takes their statements at face value, that would indeed point more towards premeditation IMO)

    Anyways, I do see that if it was for the family's publicity or $, she would want to sensationalize it in terms of "this could have easily been my daughter in RG's shoes" but that is really really sick to even try to portray that, if untrue.. plus, RG and GVG had an ongoing relationship or other interaction and were not meeting for the first time, and SHE, from what we know, is the one who initiated wanting to go on a trip-- if that is true (about the trip being in response to her problems/stress and her text to GVG) then it really seems sketchy that he was supposedly actively "recruiting" someone for those very dates and locations...

    Does anyone else have more info on the timing of what info was made public versus what "facts" were reported by GE or how her story may have changed over time or added details that have come out at a later date? (I haven't seen all the shows and such, which is why I ask) That seems like a decent way to check the credibility of any specific claims. I wonder if she has actually talked to the FBI if they would check phone records and such to verify the info?

    It does seem like if investigators are getting that info she would want to be honest, and that they'd check that out.. in my mind, that info being credible would affect my thoughts on the case greatly, but I am not thinking it is entirely credible at this point anyway (beyond the fact JMO that GVG really did contact them about modeling-- this fits with his pattern IMO and I guess I cannot envision CE making this up from scratch and telling the FBI... I guess stranger things have happened, but just my feeling on it) Interested to hear other thoughts about what did or didn't happen with CE and TT, and how their comments reflect on the case history as disclosed over time in the media and by authorities..

    I am of the opinion that GG did contact TT and spoke with CE. I do not believe all of the details CE is giving. I also believe that CE is using this situation to promote herself and TT. She is now promoting herself as a having enough knowledge of human trafficking to give lectures on the topic. What? Since when did this become a case of HT?

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ARUBA - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005
    By chicoliving in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 411
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 04:50 PM
  2. ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 August 2011 - #1
    By majikposhun in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 1258
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 04:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •