Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alan and Lisa Tackett murder case

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.

The Alan and Lisa Tackett murder case

I hope I am doing this right. I need the support and the strength of WS members. Below is an article Covering the murder of my brother and sister in law.

PRESTONSBURG — The mournful cries of traumatized children silenced the courtroom Wednesday afternoon, when Det. Ben Cramer, of the Kentucky State Police, played a 911 tape that brought sharp focus to the reality of the scene that took place in the home of Alan and Lisa Tackett, of Abbott, on the evening of March 20, at approximately 6:30 p.m.
    It was on that evening that Alan Tackett, 47, and his wife, Lisa, 30, were gunned down sniper-style in their own front yard by bullets allegedly fired by Berry Hall, 45, the uncle of Lisa Tackett, from a second-story window of his home.
    According to testimony provided Wednesday by Det. Cramer, Lisa Tackett's dead body, struck once through the chest, was found lying in the front yard of her home, while her husband's body lay half-in, half-out across the threshold of the home's front door. Alan Tackett, according to Cramer, had been struck twice — once in the hand, and again on the right side of his head.
    Four children under the age of 5 years old were inside the home at the time of the shootings.
    Though Hall, according to Det. Cramer, "made three separate confessions" to the crime, his court-appointed attorney Steven Goble, of Pikeville, entered a plea of not guilty before District Judge James R. Allen on Wednesday afternoon.
    "I lost it and I killed them," Det. Cramer said Hall told him on the evening of March 20. Cramer also said that Hall told him that he had been arguing with his niece and her husband earlier that day about "some ongoing issues" involving property lines and a dog owned by the couple that had wandered onto Hall's property. Hall, according to Det. Cramer, had said that "he just had all he could stand and he shot and killed them."
    Cramer said that during the course of questioning, he queried Hall in regard to the possible danger that existed for the children in the home. "He repeatedly said that he was in control of himself enough that he knew he would not harm any of the children," Cramer said.
    Following the shootings, Hall allegedly entered the home of the slain couple and retrieved the four children, who he then took to his own home, allegedly stepping over the dead bodies of the children's parents in order to do so.
    Along with the alleged confessions, examination of the crime scene, and a taped 911 recording of Hall's son alleging that it was his father who had fired the shots that killed Alan and Lisa Tackett, evidence was compelling that it was, indeed, Berry Hall who committed the double murder.
    Though Hall's attorney conducted a cross-examination of Det. Cramer's testimony, Hall himself remained quiet, appearing calm throughout the proceeding.
    Judge Allen declared that Hall would remain held without bond in the Floyd County Detention Center. Allen also declared that charges against Hall of two counts of murder and four counts of wanton endangerment will be referred to the grand jury.
    Last edited by Tulessa; 08-19-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Keep us updated if you can. Not sure how we can follow it if you can't. Just know we're here for you and hope you get the results that bring you some peace. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Keep us updated if you can. Not sure how we can follow it if you can't. Just know we're here for you and hope you get the results that bring you some peace. jmo
    I will LC. I will post every article posted.

Thank you Tom!!

May God give you the grace and the comfort you need to get through this.

I am praying for you and your family (people say that and don't always mean it, but I do mean it).
    Beyond the door,
    There's peace I'm sure,
    And I know there'll be no more
    Tears in heaven.

Will be with you in spirit, Tulessa, seeking justice for your family.

Tulessa.... I am so sorry that this happened to your brother, your family, and you.
    I can only imagine how difficult this has been for you- and, of course, it's not over yet.

These murders were so tragic, and so senseless. It practically leaves me speechless when I think of those four little children there in the house, while this was happening to their parents. And then, for the killer to actually go in and retrieve them, as if to 'protect' them, while he was the reason for the carnage... I'm sorry, and I'm sure these are thoughts and emotions you have been dealing with for a long time now.

Just count me in as one you can 'lean on', through the days leading up to, and through, the ordeal of the trial. If you just need to vent, or anything, we are here for you, okay?

My heart really goes out to you.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

Tulessa- I just have to ask, how are the children doing now? I hope they are with your family, but if not, I hope you and your family are able to see or speak with them, often.

Also, did your brother mention to you, or others in your family, the conflict they were having with his wife's uncle? Do you think they had any idea that they were actually in danger?

I apologize if any question I'm asking is too personal, please know it is not intended that way, I just want to get up to speed before the trial begins.

(((hugs)))
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    Tulessa- I just have to ask, how are the children doing now? I hope they are with your family, but if not, I hope you and your family are able to see or speak with them, often.

Also, did your brother mention to you, or others in your family, the conflict they were having with his wife's uncle? Do you think they had any idea that they were actually in danger?

I apologize if any question I'm asking is too personal, please know it is not intended that way, I just want to get up to speed before the trial begins.

(((hugs)))
    The babies are with Lisa's Mom and Dad and they are doing great. They have went through extensive counseling. When I would visit my brother, he would ask me to NOT look over at the neighbors. I ask him why and he said his wife did not get along with them. That was all I was told. Later, after their deaths, I found out that this was over 19 inches of land and a poodle. They had NO IDEA that this was coming. This was Lisa's uncle.

Thank you Tom!!

Please feel free to ask any questions at all. We see the babies all the time. They still refere to my brother as monster dad. Keep in mind they were 4, 3 and 2 year old twins.

Thank you Tom!!

Sending some big hugs to you Tulessa. I will be here for the trial. Stay Strong.

Dont burn the day away

That 911 call was 19 minutes long. It was horrific.

Thank you Tom!!

Thank you Tom!!

14. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Tulessa, we're all here for you!
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

Saying prayers for you that you will get your justice and some peace.

What does this have to do with Jaycee Dugard? I think you have posted in the wrong section.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    What does this have to do with Jaycee Dugard? I think you have posted in the wrong section.
    Maybe we can get a Mod to do it?

Thank you Tom!!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Fixed.

Let me know when the trial begins and I'll move it over to the Trials area.

Praying for Justice!!!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Fixed.

Let me know when the trial begins and I'll move it over to the Trials area.

Praying for Justice!!!
    Thank you so much Kim.

Thank you Tom!!

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

I will be here for you too, sweetie. Anything you need, you just ask.

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sooner Fan#1 For This Useful Post:

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    God bless and be with you and all of your family, Tulessa. Special blessings and prayers go out to the darling children. I'm new here, but with you and your's all the way.

27. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to deanna82437 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deanna82437 View Post
    God bless and be with you and all of your family, Tulessa. Special blessings and prayers go out to the darling children. I'm new here, but with you and your's all the way.
    Welcome to the best forum on the net, bar NONE , and thank you.

Thank you Tom!!

29. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Less than four weeks......

Thank you Tom!!

31. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Tulessa - I'm so glad you started this thread so that we have a "meeting place" of sorts to offer you our support and most of all, keep abreast of how you're doing...how the family and children are doing and be aware of times that you need that extra hug to get through the day.

As you know you have a wonderful WS family here for support. Please know that I have prayed for you many times when seeing your siggy and will continue.

If you need a listening ear (or reading eye - lol) I'm here!

33. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:

Thank you all. I am blessed.

Thank you Tom!!

Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast