Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alan and Lisa Tackett murder case

She is the best sister ever

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Brent DID offer him LWOP at our request. He turned it down.
    What? What a fool. What a fool. Well, it's out of your hands Tulessa. he made his decision. It seems he keeps on making selfish, evil decisions. he could have spared your family and his own this whole trial. He could have spared his mother seeing him face the DP. Sadly, he chose not to. He is a coward, a rotten apple in an apparently otherwise decent family.

The babies are doing great. Lisa's two oldest by her first marriage are not doing well at all. Her ex-husband refused to take them to therapy. He seems to think that since they weren't there when it happened, that they don't need it. The family has pushed for him to take them & he threatens to keep Vanessa and Ryan away form the ones trying to help.
    That's a shame to hear about Vanessa and Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by shag View Post
    Talking to sis, trying to figure out her siggy. I had np with mine

this is T lol
    That's the pic. That's the one that gets me every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And,

I hope you find it here as supportive as your sis does.

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    is that you in your user pic? HAS to be, you're as pretty as tulessa, you have such similar eyes and bone structure we're glad to have you
    She sure is! Good looks run in that family, that's for sure.

In other news, so, he found a couple of docs to say he was depressed. So what? That's not insanity for purposes of getting away with murder.

And a low IQ? Well, we all can tell he's not smart, but again, that's no excuse for murder. He worked, he raised a family. He.knew.better.

Perhaps he's hoping for some kind of sympathy vote that will get him less than the DP. I think his smug and smarmy attitude on the stand is no help. The best he could do is maybe LWOP which they apparently already offered him! But, I think he's getting the DP.

I'm not a believer in it, really, in general. But he made his choice here. He really did. He was offered life and turned it down! I bet his lawyers tried to get him to take that plea deal. He's got nothing. What a selfish waste putting everyone through this trial!
    Last edited by gitana1; 04-24-2012 at 11:23 PM.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

One other thing:

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headli...148767325.html

They examined him in 2010. How do they know what his diagnosis was in 2008 when he committed those murders? Of course he was depressed after killing two people and realizing he was facing LWOP or the death penalty!

Seriously? This is the best they can do? What is the point of such a defense?
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Both dr's testimony hogwash. The prosecutor pointed straight at that hogwash by them not including it in their reports.
    I can also tell you about debilitating depression and not once have I thought about harming anyone else besides my self. More hogwash.
    I hope this jury can see beyond what this defense and their client have put forth.
    I hope whatshisthing did himself in when he testified, because I'd bet he appeared smarter then his supposed IQ.
    Hang on Girls, justice is coming.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

5. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Thank you so much just watched the news and it makes me so angry that they had 2 Dr's on the witness stand to say he has a low IQ and has depression disorder....This breaks my heart to watch this i really don't think i could have took sitting in the court room and listened to this it really makes me mad. Part of me is gone that i will never get back...
    Welcome to venting shag...Scroll up to see what I wrote about the hogwash. I do agree about you good people not being in the court room thus far. I think it would have been torture for all of you. Sending bear hugs to you tonight.

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

gitana1, always the voice of reason. Thank you.

9. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

Yep she did she knows me well
    Welcome Shag!

Please know that we have been here for you from the get-go.

As I have every morning, I wake up thinking of you both. Keep strong. Whatshiswhatever has no case for insanity. In my career, I worked with lots of peoople with IQ's similar (and even lower) than his. They were successful people who led productive lives, for the most part. None of them ever killed anyone.

Don't even get me started on the depression defense. Been there, still there at times. Doesn't make me see demons in the mirror. Makes me say tomorrow will be better!

Tulessa, you and Flossie will get through this and come out the other side with each other's support. If we've helped, so much the better.

'
    Last edited by CarolinaMoon; 04-25-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

Tulessa & Flossie - Sending big hugs to help you through another day of trial.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

Another day closer to justice for your brother and you family.
    How's that cold Tulessa? Hope it's on it's way out of your system.
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    — C.S. Lewis

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ricki For This Useful Post:

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    Another day closer to justice for your brother and you family.
    How's that cold Tulessa? Hope it's on it's way out of your system.
    Not good. I think I have bronchitis
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    What? What a fool. What a fool. Well, it's out of your hands Tulessa. he made his decision. It seems he keeps on making selfish, evil decisions. he could have spared your family and his own this whole trial. He could have spared his mother seeing him face the DP. Sadly, he chose not to. He is a coward, a rotten apple in an apparently otherwise decent family.

That's a shame to hear about Vanessa and Ryan.

That's the pic. That's the one that gets me every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And,

I hope you find it here as supportive as your sis does.

She sure is! Good looks run in that family, that's for sure.

In other news, so, he found a couple of docs to say he was depressed. So what? That's not insanity for purposes of getting away with murder.

And a low IQ? Well, we all can tell he's not smart, but again, that's no excuse for murder. He worked, he raised a family. He.knew.better.

Perhaps he's hoping for some kind of sympathy vote that will get him less than the DP. I think his smug and smarmy attitude on the stand is no help. The best he could do is maybe LWOP which they apparently already offered him! But, I think he's getting the DP.

I'm not a believer in it, really, in general. But he made his choice here. He really did. He was offered life and turned it down! I bet his lawyers tried to get him to take that plea deal. He's got nothing. What a selfish waste putting everyone through this trial!
    I absolutely love your posts. You are the voice of reason.

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

For you baby girl. I don't know hot to make it click to enlarge it, but it's on my fb page.

Thank you Tom!!

19. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Ohhhhh it's readable!

Thank you Tom!!

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    Welcome Shag!

Please know that we have been here for you from the get-go.

As I have every morning, I wake up thinking of you both. Keep strong. Whatshiswhatever has no case for insanity. In my career, I worked with lots of peoople with IQ's similar (and even lower) than his. They were successful people who led productive lives, for the most part. None of them ever killed anyone.

Don't even get me started on the depression defense. Been there, still there at times. Doesn't make me see demons in the mirror. Makes me say tomorrow will be better!

Tulessa, you and Flossie will get through this and come out the other side with each other's support. If we've helped, so much the better.

'
    agreed! I suffer from depression and anxiety and I can'kill a bug.

I make my dog do it cuz I'm terrified of bees.

Thank you Tom!!

If I post here will it show on the other thread ? Flossie really needs ti vent!

Thank you Tom!!

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Only members?

Thank you Tom!!

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Only members?
    Only members can post in the Jury Room. What you post on this thread will not copy down. They are totally separate forums. While language still counts (LOL) the public cannot access it or see it.

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

I would be happy to start a 'vent' thread in the Jury Room for you. Let me know.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

Oh T, I'm so sorry your still not feeling well. You may have to go to the Dr if you think you may have bronchitis. Be sure to rest as much as you can. I love you.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    I would be happy to start a 'vent' thread in the Jury Room for you. Let me know.
    Would Flossie be able to post there? As I was thinking a person had to have a certain amount of posts first. I so hope I'm wrong.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

You need JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic80147_1.gif/SIGPIC]

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fearless For This Useful Post:

atthelake is online now Walking on ice these days, glad it's a thick glacier!
    Tulessa and Flossie! Thinking of you, and prayers that YOUR prayers are met.

38. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    Would Flossie be able to post there? As I was thinking a person had to have a certain amount of posts first. I so hope I'm wrong.
    You know, I didn't even think of that. She can always go to the game room and rack up some posts. I think it is maybe 50? Anyone know?

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

It is 50.

42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Praying for you.

44. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast