Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alan and Lisa Tackett murder case

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    I know right? I was scared to death too. I wouldn't have been able to stand the devistation this wonderful family would have had to endure. Deliberations took less than 4 hours.
    Well, in some jurisdictions it is similar to not guilty by reason of insanity. Or rather, it allows the person to be put in a mental institution INSTEAD of prison. That's what scared me. But, KY is different!:
    504.150 Sentence for person found guilty but mentally ill.
    (1) The court shall sentence a defendant found guilty but mentally ill at the time of the offense to the local jail or to the Department of Corrections in the same manner as a defendant found guilty. If the defendant is found guilty but mentally ill, treatment shall be provided the defendant until the treating professional determines that the treatment is no longer necessary or until expiration of his sentence, whichever occurs first.
    http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/504-00/150.PDF

Either the jury wants to make sure what'shisface really understands the magnitude of what he did before he dies or they are leaning towards LWOP and feel he should receive treatment while serving his sentence.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Whew!!! Let me tell ya' my heart skipped a beat or two. I couldn't figure out what it meant at first and I was scared! Thank goodness he will not escape justice for this.

Wow. I wonder how long they deliberated for? Off to read the articles.
    They retired to the jury room at 12:30. At 3:30 Kevin and I heard the news crew say they had reached a verdict.
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

Well, in some jurisdictions it is similar to not guilty by reason of insanity. Or rather, it allows the person to be put in a mental institution INSTEAD of prison. That's what scared me. But, KY is different!:

Either the jury wants to make sure what'shisface really understands the magnitude of what he did before he dies or they are leaning towards LWOP and feel he should receive treatment while serving his sentence.
    They don't play in Kentucky......

Less than 3 hours! They saw the truth. How did you bear up during the wait? Get better, friend. I am certain the toll of this made you sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    They retired to the jury room at 12:30. At 3:30 Kevin and I heard the news crew say they had reached a verdict.
    They ate lunch first !!

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Husband and I decided to go to Disney World for the afternoon/evening so I am just reading the thread now. I admit to logging onto WS from my phone while we were waiting for a Stunt Show to start and saw just that he was found guilty but mentally ill. I worried about that until I got home and started reading.

So glad that justice was served and served quickly. I know a lot of us are gun shy of juries now.

I had been telling husband about this case for the last few days. He kept saying don't get your hopes up too high remember what happened to us. In this case us meant the men and women who worked on Caylee's case. I guess it doesn't matter if I mention it now but my husband was the chief investigator for the ME's office who was there at the scene, brought Caylee out and he did testify at the trial.
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

Are we ready for a GUILTY to be added to the title?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Justice.

Image: http://bit.ly/JKlUit

Big hugs to T and F.

Image: http://bit.ly/Ilscqk
    Justice and power must be brought together,
    so that whatever is just may be powerful,
    and whatever is powerful may be just.
    Blaise Pascal

Just want to do this

Tuleesa. So glad this part of it is over for you

Quote Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
    Husband and I decided to go to Disney World for the afternoon/evening so I am just reading the thread now. I admit to logging onto WS from my phone while we were waiting for a Stunt Show to start and saw just that he was found guilty but mentally ill. I worried about that until I got home and started reading.

So glad that justice was served and served quickly. I know a lot of us are gun shy of juries now.

I had been telling husband about this case for the last few days. He kept saying don't get your hopes up too high remember what happened to us. In this case us meant the men and women who worked on Caylee's case. I guess it doesn't matter if I mention it now but my husband was the chief investigator for the ME's office who was there at the scene, brought Caylee out and he did testify at the trial.
    OMG Macushia - that must have been doubly painful for you and you DH - bless him for the work he does.
    And yes - I have said please please please give Tulessa justice - don't let this be like Caylee- I know that's what she fears......so many times in the last few months in my prayers....so very very relieved for her and her family - now perhaps Tulessa can finally rest...
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

My apologies! After all your posts I've read and all the respect I have for what you post - you'd think I'd have the decency to spell your name right when I say I hope you'll be by to clarify the verdict!!! Sorry - too late to edit!
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Are we ready for a GUILTY to be added to the title?
    Yes my dear Kimster, All that's left is the sentencing phase which will wrap up Monday.

On a side note. I asked for prayers for Berry's family for a reason. Alan loved them. I didn't know until this trial how much they loved him. He (Berry ) had one brother & one sister to show up today & they waited until he left the court room before entering. We know this because they stood out side until he left, His only family member to attend, sat with us, We went and seen the babies, his brother and his grandpa( who is 102 and raising a garden again),He told me that death was too good for him hat he needed to do hard labor LOL! Brent told us today that NONE of Berry's family had anything negative to say about Alan. They all loved him & still don't understand why. Berry will take the why to his grave with him. Does anyone have an idea about how to go about writing a book and have the proceeds to go to the babies? I have written poetry and short stories but wouldn't know what the cost would be on writing a book. This would be a gift of love that would last them a life time.

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

Less than 3 hours! They saw the truth. How did you bear up during the wait? Get better, friend. I am certain the toll of this made you sick.
    The only time I had trouble was when Brent brought out the gun and methodically, went through the steps Berry went through. He had to shoot, eject, put in another bullet and repeat, etc. I had to leave he court room then. I told Brent going in what I would have told our mother if she had still been alive, we will make you proud. He was scared to death we would make an outburst, as ALL prosecutors do, but we didn't want a mistrial either.

Thank you Tom!!

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    T, I'm worried about you cuz your sick. Please go see your dr tomorrow. That broncitis wont go away without an antibiotic. I love you.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

The only time I had trouble was when Brent brought out the gun and methodically, went through the steps Berry went through. He had to shoot, eject, put in another bullet and repeat, etc. I had to leave he court room then. I told Brent going in what I would have told our mother if she had still been alive, we will make you proud. He was scared to death we would make an outburst, as ALL prosecutors do, but we didn't want a mistrial either.
    Now, unfortunately, you know what a lot of families have to go through, choking back the wail of misery fighting to come out. It just must be the worst. It's not right.

About the book. I think if you can find a publisher, they will publish and edit for free. You need to make a compelling outline of the what you intend the book to say. You might need to find a ghost writer. I think some publishers offer one. A ghost writer would help you create a narrative that is logical and resonates, because with the subject being so personal to you, a logical flow may be hard to maintain.

You might want to spend some time on the internet researching. What happened to your family IS compelling. Your fight for justice for your beautiful brother is heart wrenching and deserves to be told.

Hopefully, someone on here knows better than I do as to how to go about something like this. I hope you do it. It would be a real legacy for the babies.

Just got the news. So thrilled! Tulessa, please see a doctor. It sounds like you are getting worse instead of better. Glad you don't have to be back in court until Monday. Please get some rest and get well.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Macushla View Post

OMG! I know exactly who your husband is! I've seen him on Dr. G. He lifted her out of the muck. God Bless him and everyone on his team. And you..it could not have been easy not to spill all and I know it was for the integrity of the case. I googled just to make sure he is who I thought and I wound up with the slideshow of the crime scene. It hurts even more now looking at those pics..last time I saw them I thought they were going to lead to justice.

Sorry for the O/T
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

So happy the jury came back quickly!

Tulessa, hoping your cold is gone this morning

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to w1df10wr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by w1df10wr View Post
    So happy the jury came back quickly!

Tulessa, hoping your cold is gone this morning
    It's worse than a cold. I have been up since 12:30. I think I am going to lie down and pass out. Before I do, here is yesterdays video. My hunny has the blond pony tail . You will know me. I just had to wear my specks in case i had to read the impact statement. But that won't happen until Monday. it starts around the 4:25 mark. The guy that works with Brent said Brent tore those( trial by ambush experts) a new a$$ hole,. The doctor didn't even put in a diagnosis for Berry in his report.

http://www.wkyt.com/video

Thank you Tom!!

25. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    T, I'm worried about you cuz your sick. Please go see your dr tomorrow. That broncitis wont go away without an antibiotic. I love you.
    Going to bed now, I promise. I just can't get over those double rainbows, and guess where they ended? The block where Alan's babies live! If that wasn't a sign, I'll eat crow pie!

Thank you Tom!!

Going to bed now, I promise. I just can't get over those double rainbows, and guess where they ended? The block where Alan's babies live! If that wasn't a sign, I'll eat crow pie!
    You have yourself a good long rest and be sure and take care of yourself! It sure was a sign-I truly believe in special occurances like that. You keep that thought always, there's always someone looking out for you, there is always someone on your shoulder-never forget that

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BigMomma For This Useful Post:

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    It's worse than a cold. I have been up since 12:30. I think I am going to lie down and pass out. Before I do, here is yesterdays video. My hunny has the blond pony tail . You will know me. I just had to wear my specks in case i had to read the impact statement. But that won't happen until Monday. it starts around the 4:25 mark. The guy that works with Brent said Brent tore those( trial by ambush experts) a new a$$ hole,. The doctor didn't even put in a diagnosis for Berry in his report.

http://www.wkyt.com/video
    So the jury will decide today 4/27 the sentence he shall receive? But before the judge fixes the sentence on Monday the family will give the impact statements? Am I understanding this correctly? If so will the jury be allowed to come for the impact statements and the sentence if they so choose?

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

No need for that crow pie T.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

T, I'm not trying to boss you around but I really wish you'd go to the dr. We're not going to be able to celebrate this victory in totality with this big old elephant hanging on to you. Please, I guess I'm begging you to go to the dr. If your not at your best then you can't be at your best for the children. Please consider it.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

Also, what if it worsens and you can't go to court Monday?
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast