Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
pamela_purpitch_20110819115353_320_240.JPG

Woman's Remains Found in Suitcase in Gibraltar Creek
Police believe body is Pamela Purpitch, 32
Updated: Friday, 19 Aug 2011, 11:54 AM EDT
Published : Friday, 19 Aug 2011, 6:23 AM EDT

FOX 2's Bill Gallagher reports the partial remains of 32-year-old Pamela Purpitch were recovered by her brother near her apartment complex Thursday after he was alerted by canoeists passing by.

Gibraltar Police Chief Ray Canterbury says the brother, who had been searching for his missing sister, opened the case and discovered the lower part of the Purpitch's torso. Dive teams and K-9 units were on the scene searching the creek for more evidence.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...nd-in-suitcase-in-gibraltar-creek-20110819-mr

Police identify headless remains found in suitcase
1:46 PM, Aug. 19, 2011 |

Gibraltar Police Chief Ray Canterbury told ClickonDetroit.com that the woman’s torso was found in a suitcase floating in a drain behind Vista Condos on West Jefferson, where Prpich lived. Witnesses in a canoe reportedly spotted the suitcase and alerted Prpich’s brother, according to the reports.

ClickonDetroit.com is reporting that investigators are searching for the head and other body parts this afternoon.

http://www.freep.com/article/201108...lice-identify-headless-remains-found-suitcase

WOW, I can't even imagine what I would do if I was the one that opened that suitcase and it was my sister that was missing.

Seriously, what is it with all of the dismembering lately? Lieby, Lauren, Laura, and now Pamela?

Oh this is horrifying. Poor Pamela. And her poor brother.

Last Updated: August 19. 2011 4:42PM
Police ID woman whose remains found in suitcase

Michael Prpich, of Dearborn, said he began asking neighbors about his sister this week. While walking the shoreline of the creek behind the condos, he found a man canoeing and asked him if he'd seen anything unusual. He said the man mentioned a suitcase along the shore.

Police said the brother found a pair of flip-flops and a cigarette case near a suitcase. He pulled the suitcase up the shore and opened it, finding parts of a body inside.

Pamela Prpich had tattoos, and it appeared tattoos were removed from the body, police said.

Michael Prpich said he knew it was his sister and he felt helpless.

snip

Michael Prpich described his sister as an outgoing person who loved to laugh.

http://detnews.com/article/20110819...whose-remains-found-in-suitcase#ixzz1VVzLfPot

Thanks BeanE-

Is her name Purpitch or Prpich? Seen it spelled both ways?

29305 W Jefferson Ave in Rockwood, MI ... is this the location the body was found?
Google maps shows the creek directly behind the condo/apartments there.

Several dismemberment cases recently, is this the new low in criminal technique to get away with murder?

~Prayers for her brother and her family~

Pam’s mother, Cheryl Prpich, said she went to bed Aug. 12 while her daughter was in the living room talking with an old Wayne Memorial High School friend. She’d run into the man at a local technical college a few months ago, her mother said.

Pam Prpich had been taking electrical engineering classes there since she took a buyout from her job on the assembly line at Ford’s Wayne plant a couple years ago, Cheryl Prpich said.

“He just came to visit, and I had heard them talking and I went to sleep,” Cheryl Prpich said. “When I got up, she was gone.”

http://www.freep.com/article/201108...lice-identify-headless-remains-found-suitcase

This is horrible. I don't understand the why in murder and this is like killing twice. First her then her family..........

Rest in Peace, Pam.

Pam’s mother, Cheryl Prpich, said she went to bed Aug. 12 while her daughter was in the living room talking with an old Wayne Memorial High School friend. She’d run into the man at a local technical college a few months ago, her mother said.

Pam Prpich had been taking electrical engineering classes there since she took a buyout from her job on the assembly line at Ford’s Wayne plant a couple years ago, Cheryl Prpich said.

“He just came to visit, and I had heard them talking and I went to sleep,” Cheryl Prpich said. “When I got up, she was gone.”

Pam’s father, John Prpich, said Friday that he’s in a holding pattern, waiting for word. He said the last thing he heard from investigators was that three people being questioned had been released.

“I’d have them be sure than make any mistakes,” he said of the investigation.

Thanks BeanE-

29305 W Jefferson Ave in Rockwood, MI ... is this the location the body was found?

Several dismemberment cases recently, is this the new low in criminal technique to get away with murder?

I believe her full name is Pamela Marie Prpich

Thanks BeanE-

Knox, I've found several listings for people named Prpich in Rockwood, but none for Purpitch.

(snipped)

Cheryl Prpich said her daughter liked to hang out near the marsh, having bonfires with her friends and fishing along the bank. When she went missing, she was wearing a small brace on her foot from a broken ankle from a fall five weeks ago. She was taking medication, which was left behind.

Sounds like this girl and some of her friends hung out at this marsh frequently. Perhaps one of them is the killer.

I would think this old school friend would be the POI that LE has in their sights on. He would have been the last person to be with her before she disappeared.

I wonder if the mother, father or brother ID'ed the suitcase as one taken from the house? If so that would point to the school friend that was with her when her mother went to bed, since he was in the house and the last person to be known with her before she disappeared and had access to the suitcase. Wouldn't it be great if the suit case had one of those tags that had the name and address of the person it belongs to? I doubt LE could get that lucky though.

I can't really see this school mate guy leaving the house with her voluntarily carrying a suit case and everything else (tools) he would need to dismember her body though. So if the school mate is the guilty party he had to have had the suitcase and any tools (knife, saw) with him in his car. So this makes me think it might be someone other than the school mate guy. If she was taken against her will from the home by the school mate guy I would think someone would have been awaken or there would be evidence of a struggle. Which apparently there was not.

I'm also wondering if LE found the place where the dismemberment took place and if any evidence was uncovered there. There would be a considerable amount of blood where ever this crime actually took place. Hopefully it has not rained much if this crime took place outside. My gut tells me this crime might have been done outside close by where the suitcase was located and possibly where the friends have their bonfires or else in another condominium close by that is one occupied by one of the friends she hung out with. The parents would have surly noticed something in their own residence if the dismemberment had taken place there. But since the parents didn't call LE the next morning reporting a blood bath or anything out of the ordinary we know she must not have been killed there.

It would be interesting to know what this old school acquaintance had to say about what they did that night after her mother went to bed and what time he said he left her and if that time could be verified. I think she either went to the marsh with this school friend or after he left she went to visit her friends that were hanging out at the marsh and ran into trouble then.

Reminds me a lot of Lauren Giddings case. Why would someone leave her so close to the house and where is the rest of her body parts?

JMO

Sounds like this girl and some of her friends hung out at this marsh frequently. Perhaps one of them is the killer.

I would think this old school friend would be the POI that LE has in their sights on. He would have been the last person to be with her before she disappeared.

I wonder if the mother, father or brother ID'ed the suitcase as one taken from the house? If so that would point to the school friend that was with her when her mother went to bed, since he was in the house and the last person to be known with her before she disappeared and had access to the suitcase. Wouldn't it be great if the suit case had one of those tags that had the name and address of the person it belongs to? I doubt LE could get that lucky though.

I can't really see this school mate guy leaving the house with her voluntarily carrying a suit case and everything else (tools) he would need to dismember her body though. So if the school mate is the guilty party he had to have had the suitcase and any tools (knife, saw) with him in his car. So this makes me think it might be someone other than the school mate guy. If she was taken against her will from the home by the school mate guy I would think someone would have been awaken or there would be evidence of a struggle. Which apparently there was not.

I'm also wondering if LE found the place where the dismemberment took place and if any evidence was uncovered there. There would be a considerable amount of blood where ever this crime actually took place. Hopefully it has not rained much if this crime took place outside. My gut tells me this crime might have been done outside close by where the suitcase was located and possibly where the friends have their bonfires or else in another condominium close by that is one occupied by one of the friends she hung out with. The parents would have surly noticed something in their own residence if the dismemberment had taken place there. But since the parents didn't call LE the next morning reporting a blood bath or anything out of the ordinary we know she must not have been killed there.

It would be interesting to know what this old school acquaintance had to say about what they did that night after her mother went to bed and what time he said he left her and if that time could be verified. I think she either went to the marsh with this school friend or after he left she went to visit her friends that were hanging out at the marsh and ran into trouble then.

Reminds me a lot of Lauren Giddings case. Why would someone leave her so close to the house and where is the rest of her body parts?

JMO

That was my first thought was Lauren:waitasec:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...nd-in-suitcase-in-gibraltar-creek-20110819-mr

Police have interviewed a former boyfriend of Pamela Prpich, who lives at the complex.

(Snipped)

Police are awaiting the results of DNA testing before making a positive identification, but the father of the missing woman is convinced the remains are those of his daughter.

That is pretty interesting. Old boyfriend lives in the same complex, new guy comes to visit, she ends up dead. I wonder what this old boyfriends past is? Any signs of jealousy or domestic abuse.

I'm wondering if LE is waiting on a positive ID on the body before making an arrest.

That's hideous! Also sounds like total awareness by the perp of what they were doing.

So what is the significances of removing the tattoo's? (plural meaning more than one) Did the killer think she would not be identifiable without the tattoo's or did the tattoo's have meaning to the killer?

I guess the big question might be is what the tattoo's that were removed meant to Pamela. Did she have them done at the request of someone else, possibly the old boyfriend. Did her and someone else (the old boyfriend) have matching tattoo's or did Pamela and the old boyfriend maybe go together to get her tattoo's or did they both receive tattoo's at the same time.

I can't just see someone that did not know Pamela being the killer removing her tattoo's. Who ever did this crime was very mad at her.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back