Smells of NYC become fragrances

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Ask New Yorkers what their city smells like, and they're likely to suggest exhaust fumes, hot dog carts or the last garbage strike. Not so, says perfume-seller Laurice Rahme, who thinks New York neighborhoods smell so good that they're worthy of a line of fragrances. The newest one, Wall Street, debuts on November 1.

"You don't know how many times I've heard that New York smells bad and how can I live here? But New York smells good to me," said Rahme, a Paris native who moved here 30 years ago.

The collection of 21 fragrances ranges from a bouquet scent for Chelsea, the city's flower district, to a rich coffee- and vanilla-tinged New Haarlem. The chamomile-based fragrance Park Avenue is elegant, while Fashion Avenue is an avant-garde combination of mimosa and black currant.

The Wall Street fragrance does not, she points out, smell like money. Rather, the scent, at $190 for a 3.4 oz. bottle, combines sea kale, cucumber and lavender to reflect the area's waterfront and emergence as one of the city's newest residential neighborhoods.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/10/18/odd.perfume.reut/index.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back