Florida Woman Disappeared, But Never Left Home

What a lonely way to live and to end your life. Poor woman. May she rest in peace, :rose:

You're so right, this was depressing. If only someone had noticed her mental decline ...

You are right, such a sad sad story. The man who bought the house very quickly found her after years of others who failed. I thought when wellfare checks were requested, thorough searches were done. If just one relative, one friend, one neighbor, one police officer ...

OMG... this brought real tears to my eyes. There are a thousand of her out there.

:(

OMG... this brought real tears to my eyes. There are a thousand of her out there. :(

This touched close to home for me. I'm single, no children, in my 50's and on disability. Sometimes when I get depressed I can envision something like this happening to me. I don't keep a regular schedule and there were times when I was sick and didn't venture outside for a week. Thank goodness, a retired older couple who live across the street always call when they don't see me for a couple of days. Plus, I'm sure my sister would notice if we didn't talk for several days! But, these things have crossed my mind.

This touched close to home for me. I'm single, no children, in my 50's and on disability. Sometimes when I get depressed I can envision something like this happening to me. I don't keep a regular schedule and there were times when I was sick and didn't venture outside for a week. Thank goodness, a retired older couple who live across the street always call when they don't see me for a couple of days. Plus, I'm sure my sister would notice if we didn't talk for several days! But, these things have crossed my mind.

I agree, Cracka*Jaxx..I'm the same way. I have relatives who would check on me as well. But it's so scary because this could happen to anyone living alone.

Besides the obvious tragedy of her life and death - that was beautifully written.

At least we know her story and realize the powerful hold of mental illness. For that she has left a piece of her legacy behind...and I hope this story helps someone in the future.

RIP.

Mel

So sad.. the poor woman. RIP

yeah me too

I don't think you're alone. Even though I'm married, and have 1 child - I don't want to be forgotten. That's why I hope my fine friends on WS's will come looking for me in case I stop posting! Thankfully I have a couple of you here on my FB that can send my hubby a note. It's a skeery feeling...thinking that no one is going to remember you. One of my biggest fears is being home alone and something happening...not being able to get to a phone. I'm sure many of us might feel the same way :(

Hugs to you my friend.

Mel

It is sad very sad, but did I read this right that the person who found her said her head was on the floorboard of the car and her feet were up by the headrest part?

Why in that position? Something is strange with that if I did indeed read it correctly. It is late and I'm about to go off to bed. Too tired now to go re-read it.

A4S_norris072411a_184069c.jpg

Rest in peace, Kathryn Norris.

The autopsy used words that were clinical and factual but also incomplete. Her remains were labeled unremarkable. The cause and manner of her death were listed undetermined.

The manner is a mystery. The cause is not.

She disappeared long before she died.

She was buried in Ohio. There was a short service. Her brief obituary said she would be missed.

Yes, evidently...

I am in tears. In a world of billions, we can still be so alone. I'm sure her isolating herself made her illness that much more worse. I hope her death was quick and peaceful.
So sad. She is in the ultimate place of peace now with more friends than she could have imagined.
RIP Kathryn Norris

Besides the obvious tragedy of her life and death - that was beautifully written.

I agree..it was very poignantly written and really pulled the reader in.

After reading the story, I wanted to post it here because I knew she would receive a kind of reconigition in death that she never had in life. It's just so terrifying, how fine the line is between reality and mental despair, and how easy it is to step over it. RIP, Kathryn.

How sad :(
snip
She was buried in Ohio. There was a short service. Her brief obituary said she would be missed.

really no one ever reported her missing :(

It is sad very sad, but did I read this right that the person who found her said her head was on the floorboard of the car and her feet were up by the headrest part?

Why in that position? Something is strange with that if I did indeed read it correctly. It is late and I'm about to go off to bed. Too tired now to go re-read it.

Yes, I thought that was strange too.

"Her head was on the floor and her feet were on the seat. The corpse, deputies wrote in their report, was wearing a dress."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back