720 users online (115 members and 605 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Psycho made human soup, 1989

I remember this like it was yesterday, I was a teen and the story scared the he77 out of me because back then i never realized humans could be so evil. he looked evil and sounded evil.
    NOW look, He got off on an insanity deal and may be getting out next year. wonder if he really fed the soup to his homeless friends

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...ka_beerle.html

Neighbors said his hobby was cooking big pots of chicken and potatoes, which he'd take to the park and feed to his homeless buddies.

What became of the contents of that pot was the subject of grisly speculation, and urban legend. An acquaintance said that shortly after the killing, Rakowitz made the stomach-churning boast that he had made a soup of her head, and "it tasted pretty good."
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

I remember this too.

Off topic I googled her name. There are some very odd people on the internet...JMHO

wild story and I never heard of this one.!

Man, I am so off kilter. At first glance of the thread heading I thought "Gary Heidnik". Couldn't be because he was executed.

O.K. here's a warning. When you meet a guy with a rooster on his shoulder and carrying a copy of Mein Kampf around ya just may want to scram.

Poor Miss Beerle. What a beautiful girl. No doubt talented as well. Her family must be reeling with this news. What's to bet he goes back to his home base of texas?

Crazy a*s people in this here world. He needs to stay locked up. If he did indeed feed his "soup" to his friends probably more than half of them are dead anyway and who ever made it out alive will hopefully not see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I remember this too.

Off topic I googled her name. There are some very odd people on the internet...JMHO

Kat do you mean this FB page where people that knew him posted?

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...44&topic=12732

A bit O/T, but does anybody know if FB pages can be started to discuss convicted criminals? What a way to alert past victims and share information. That was a very informative and actually quite respectful page.

I will hereby promise to follow your advice Filly. Does a budgie on a girl's shoulder count, though? In case you didn't notice, I'm reading and posting.

Back to Rakowitz, why was the friend who walked in on him, not ever charged?

Looks like he almost got out years ago:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Lu4...20soup&f=false

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Kat do you mean this FB page where people that knew him posted?

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...44&topic=12732
    Nope I missed that one filly! Thanks for posting. This was a blog and then a website that had "wanted posters" of murder victims and their murderers and it only asked if which one you had sympathy for...odd and I won't link here because it was just a shade beyond the pale for me IYKWIM. Strange.

So this guy is too insane to be tried for murder, but they're letting him out in public?!?

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    So this guy is too insane to be tried for murder, but they're letting him out in public?!?
    That sounds crazy to me too, but it happens. Usually they are released from the mental hospital because they are now 'well'.

Yikes, you never know who your neighbors really are, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by UdbCrzy2 View Post
    That sounds crazy to me too, but it happens. Usually they are released from the mental hospital because they are now 'well'.

Yikes, you never know who your neighbors really are, seriously.
    I work in a mental hospital."Well" enough for discharge is a relative term believe me.