NY - Psycho made human soup, 1989

deelytful1

*~a mere mortal~*
Reaction score
I remember this like it was yesterday, I was a teen and the story scared the he77 out of me because back then i never realized humans could be so evil. he looked evil and sounded evil.
NOW look, He got off on an insanity deal and may be getting out next year. wonder if he really fed the soup to his homeless friends :(

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...ones_in_a_bucket_murder_of_monika_beerle.html

Neighbors said his hobby was cooking big pots of chicken and potatoes, which he'd take to the park and feed to his homeless buddies.

What became of the contents of that pot was the subject of grisly speculation, and urban legend. An acquaintance said that shortly after the killing, Rakowitz made the stomach-churning boast that he had made a soup of her head, and "it tasted pretty good."

I remember this too.

Off topic I googled her name. There are some very odd people on the internet...JMHO

Man, I am so off kilter. At first glance of the thread heading I thought "Gary Heidnik". Couldn't be because he was executed.

O.K. here's a warning. When you meet a guy with a rooster on his shoulder and carrying a copy of Mein Kampf around ya just may want to scram.

Poor Miss Beerle. What a beautiful girl. No doubt talented as well. Her family must be reeling with this news. What's to bet he goes back to his home base of texas?

Crazy *advertiser censored*s people in this here world. He needs to stay locked up. If he did indeed feed his "soup" to his friends probably more than half of them are dead anyway and who ever made it out alive will hopefully not see this.

A bit O/T, but does anybody know if FB pages can be started to discuss convicted criminals? What a way to alert past victims and share information. That was a very informative and actually quite respectful page.

I will hereby promise to follow your advice Filly. Does a budgie on a girl's shoulder count, though? In case you didn't notice, I'm reading and posting.

Back to Rakowitz, why was the friend who walked in on him, not ever charged?

Kat do you mean this FB page where people that knew him posted?

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=342708077344&topic=12732

Nope I missed that one filly! Thanks for posting. This was a blog and then a website that had "wanted posters" of murder victims and their murderers and it only asked if which one you had sympathy for...odd and I won't link here because it was just a shade beyond the pale for me IYKWIM. Strange.

So this guy is too insane to be tried for murder, but they're letting him out in public?!?

So this guy is too insane to be tried for murder, but they're letting him out in public?!?

That sounds crazy to me too, but it happens. Usually they are released from the mental hospital because they are now 'well'.

Yikes, you never know who your neighbors really are, seriously.

That sounds crazy to me too, but it happens. Usually they are released from the mental hospital because they are now 'well'.

Yikes, you never know who your neighbors really are, seriously.
I work in a mental hospital."Well" enough for discharge is a relative term believe me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back