1364 users online (291 members and 1073 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Exclamation Hurricane Irene barrels toward Puerto Rico, Possibly U.S.

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) Tropical Storm Irene barreled toward Puerto Rico late Sunday after hitting St. Croix, packing heavy rains and winds that closed airports and flooded low-lying areas in the Leeward Islands.

The fast-moving storm, moving west-northwest at roughly 15 mph (24 kph), was taking an unpredictable path that left people in the islands of the U.S. Caribbean anxious about the winds and rain to come.

The center's current forecast has Irene hitting southern Florida as a hurricane by Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/tropical-storm...160652097.html

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Ugh...Prayers it misses us. I'm 14 miles west of Cape Canaveral so I'm praying hard.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Oh, boy, here we go. I went over our hurricane checklist today. If one comes our way, we're as ready as we can be. Nothing to do now but wait and see. Good luck, Reality Orlando. Prayers for everyone.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Oh, boy, here we go. I went over our hurricane checklist today. If one comes our way, we're as ready as we can be. Nothing to do now but wait and see. Good luck, Reality Orlando. Prayers for everyone.
    Yes, good luck to you as well. We're in a wood home so I always panic I still need my extra gas container for the grill and batteries. Too early to start boarding windows...we'll know better by Tuesday. I'm really hoping for a hard turn to the north at this point.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

I just saw the models on TWC and many are now showing a HIGH probablilty of iRene making landfall in the Cape Fear area along the NC coast. I will have to evacuate if it heads this way as a CAT 2 because I live on an island. EEk! I am trying not to panic too early but still....EEk!

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

This is going to be a dangerous storm.

Some serious things going on, should have news by 8:15. We really need to be paying attention to the monster storm. Its at a cat 2 now.

Irene is to blame for destroying Sir Richard Branson's house on Necker island. Kate Winslet was at the house at the time when lightening struck and caught it on fire (4 am)... she helped in saving his 90 year old mother:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cele...html?hpt=hp_t2

I have friends spending the night in Key West because they have a very early flight out of EYW ( a planned vaca) & they are concerned about what may happen to their house in the middle keys while they are away. Another friend has spent the summer at his Key West cottage & is torn because he doesn't want to leave but has never experienced a hurricane..... so, tonight they are all partying on Duval. DeNile isn't only a river in Egypt. Of course, the long time Conchs luv a storm party. Geez!

I've been checking out all the updates, models, etc. She's quite impressive and strengthening rapidly. Both Florida coasts should stay on alert because the steering currents aren't strong enough to make a solid prediction at this point. I just hope she doesn't stall.
    Last edited by bessie; 08-22-2011 at 10:48 PM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Coastal Watches/Warnings and 5-Day Forecast Cone for Storm Center

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...daynl#contents

In looking at the 5-day forecast cone........it looks like she is heading right toward North Myrtle Beach........we have a beach front condo booked for 9/17.......

I think she is a Cat 2..........for now

Gonna watch her closely
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

I'm just appreciated that Irene isn't going to seriously affect Haiti.

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    ok - 11 o'clock advisory and also Max Mayfield's take from the local news.

The BIG news is she is now expected to reach Cat 4 around the Central Bahamas. CAT 4!!!

The troughs above the system is what is "clogging" the forecast and Max said they just don't know how strong or when those troughs will kick in. When they do it will move her more northward. There is a plane going in around 3-ish this AM to investigate the steering currents and he said the 5AM forecast will have a little more confidence once they get that plane's data.

This one now has me worried. She is going to be starring us down by Wed night and possibly be a Cat 4. She's a big storm and regardless if she stays offshore, we will get "something". I really don't wanna think about her coming right at us - yet.

Tomorrow morning should have some more reliable data - plus they said they will probably post our watches then as well.

everyone be safe. ♥ Do we know if we ready with scanner feed?

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    I just saw the models on TWC and many are now showing a HIGH probablilty of iRene making landfall in the Cape Fear area along the NC coast. I will have to evacuate if it heads this way as a CAT 2 because I live on an island. EEk! I am trying not to panic too early but still....EEk!

wm
    Prayers for you and your neighbors.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast