1428 users online (298 members and 1130 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

PA - Roswell Friend, 22, Philadelphia, 18 Aug 2011

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...orted-missing/

Philadelphia police say 22-year-old Roswell Friend went out for a run at about 7 PM last Thursday, and hasnít been heard from since.

His car keys and wallet were found inside his house, in the 1700 block of Willington Street.
    Recent graduate of Temple University, his family is from Maryland. They reported him missing after he failed to show up for a job interview on Friday.

original image at: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...128112128.html
    Last edited by elmomom; 08-22-2011 at 02:15 PM.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...riend-facebook
    Friend seemed upset just before setting off on the run, possibly over rent due on a rowhouse he shares with several others, said Tyler Brown, a close friend who lives in Carroll County.

"Sorry guys," Friend wrote to his roommates on a whiteboard, Brown said. On his Facebook page he wrote, "I'm sorry everyone," he said.

At 7:29 p.m. on Thursday Friend texted Brown, writing, "I love you dude." Three minutes later, one of Temple's security cameras captured him running several blocks from his apartment.

"On a good day he can run 15, 20 miles," often toward the Benjamin Franklin Bridge to New Jersey, Brown said. "We do know he was stressed out, so he could easily push himself" beyond that, he added.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...128112128.html

Friend's mother told NBC Philadelphia that there is a $2,000 reward for information that would lead to finding her son.

Friend was a member of Temple University's track team and had just recently graduated.

His mother, Regina Friend of Cockeysville, Md., told NBC Philadelphia Roswell was scheduled to interview for his first job on Friday. But Friend never made the 10 a.m. appointment.

"He wouldn't have missed it for anything. If anybody knows anything, tell somebody because we just want to find him if he is hurt, if he's sick, we want to get him to a hospital."

RIP our Friend

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/0...le-university/
    Police found Roswell Friend’s body in a river near Philadelphia.
    <snip>
    Friend’s last post on Facebook read, “I’m sorry, everyone.”

RIP Roswell..

so sad

I'm so sorry to see this. Such a lovely young man with a promising future. Prayers to his friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by elmomom View Post
    I'm sorry Friend.......RIP

For some reason I feel that this Country let him down......it seems he had accomplished so much.........and was on his way to a better life....

What happened?

My heart goes out to his family and friends.....
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

So sad, soon t graduate, his whole life ahead of him! had a look at the memorial page for him on FB, seems he was loved dearly by so many, truly lived up to his last name.

Such a terrible loss. RIP Roswell. Peace and grace to you and your family & friends.
    ďPeace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

What could have made him so distraught...
    His FB memorial page already has over 750 people...he must have been greatly loved...
    So sad, and my sympathies to his family and friends...
    Just my opinion, of course.

This story got to me from the start and broke my heart as I felt with the messages he left, that this would be the inevitable outcome. There wasn't much written about him, but everything I did read showed Roswell to be a dear, kind and all around wonderful person. His Twitter name was: ourFriend