817 users online (106 members and 711 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LA - Man Rapes 12 yr old boy in Burger King restroom

Man charged with raping 12-year-old boy in fast food restroom
    Updated yesterday at 11:31 PM

Police have arrested a man on charges that he raped a 12-year-old boy inside the restroom of a fast food restaurant Friday night in Thibodaux.

snip

According to police the victim was taken to the hospital by his parents, treated and released. He gave them a description of the suspect and police were able to identify and locate Sanchez, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/lafourche-...128160988.html

This is so awful. That poor little boy. What makes it so scary to me is that at 12, I sent my son to the restroom alone at fast food places. I never would have thought he would be raped right there in a Burger King or McDonald's restroom.

I was just thinking the same thing BeanE!! My son is 12 and I was feeling okay with letting go into the men's room by himself since he was a bout 9. Being a single mom I can't well take him in the ladies room anymore! wow, just wow. Why didn't this kid scream?? Sigh... why ask why at this point, I guess.
    From now on I'll be waiting right outside the men's room for my boy!
    So sad for this lil guy
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing BeanE!! My son is 12 and I was feeling okay with letting go into the men's room by himself since he was a bout 9. Being a single mom I can't well take him in the ladies room anymore! wow, just wow. Why didn't this kid scream?? Sigh... why ask why at this point, I guess.
    From now on I'll be waiting right outside the men's room for my boy!
    So sad for this lil guy
    Honest to God, I think I might knock on the door and wait till no one's in there, just go in with him, and keep my back on the door to hold it closed till he's done.

This is just so scary, and so awful for that poor little boy. There he was getting a burger, and it must have been so horribly traumatizing.

So far as the child not screaming, he was probably terrified, or the man held his hand on his mouth, or threatened him, or who knows what.

I'm just sick to my stomach over this. I tweeted out the news story. Hopefully parents of little boys will see it. I feel very bad for parents of young children these days. It's so hard to protect your children, no matter how vigilant you are. It's scary as hell-o.

A little more info in this article:

Boy Raped In Fast-Food Bathroom, Police Say
    Police Arrest Terry Joseph Sanchez
    POSTED: 9:11 am CDT August 22, 2011
    UPDATED: 11:49 am CDT August 22, 2011

Investigators said the rape happened about 7:30 p.m. at the Burger King at 206 E. First St.

snip

Based on what the boy told police about his attacker, detectives said they arrested Terry Joseph Sanchez, 51, on an aggravated rape charge.

Sanchez was booked at the Lafourche Parish Detention Center, where he remains in lieu of a $250,000 bond.

http://www.wdsu.com/r/28936711/detail.html

In the video they say the boy had to be treated at two hospitals.

WTH!!??? Look at how this is worded!!!!!! Omg I am LIVID!

MAN ACCUSED OF RAPING BOY

Terry Sanchez, 51, 521 Cherry St., was arrested Saturday night, as he matched the description given by the boy, Thibodaux Police said. Sanchez allegedly had sex with the 12-year-old at the restaurant, 206 E. First St., but had never met the boy prior to the encounter.

snip

he was examined at Thibodaux Regional Medical Center and Children's Hospital in New Orleans before being released, authorities said.

Sanchez is charged with aggravated rape and faces mandatory life in prison is convicted.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20.../1026/sitemaps

I'll be sending a letter of complaint to the Daily Comet about that wording!

Disgusting. First of all, he didn't "have sex" with a 12 year old boy. No matter HOW you slice it, he raped the child. His parents taking him to the hospital tells me that he told someone right away.

Second, this is truly frightening. My 9 year old son goes into the public restroom by himself because I don't go into the men's and he doesn't like to go into the ladies room, so what's a mother to do? You can't trust anything.
    I'm just sayin...

"Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    WTH!!??? Look at how this is worded!!!!!! Omg I am LIVID!

MAN ACCUSED OF RAPING BOY

Terry Sanchez, 51, 521 Cherry St., was arrested Saturday night, as he matched the description given by the boy, Thibodaux Police said. Sanchez allegedly had sex with the 12-year-old at the restaurant, 206 E. First St., but had never met the boy prior to the encounter.

snip

he was examined at Thibodaux Regional Medical Center and Children's Hospital in New Orleans before being released, authorities said.

Sanchez is charged with aggravated rape and faces mandatory life in prison is convicted.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20.../1026/sitemaps

I'll be sending a letter of complaint to the Daily Comet about that wording!
    Good God! It should have said "allegedly RAPED the boy" sigh... ridiculous reporting.
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

What's up with Thibodaux? First Jori, now this? Poor little boy. I always worry about something like this too. I have even opened the door and yelled for my son when I felt he was in there for too long. You never know. Remember a few years back when that man killed a little boy in the bathroom? Can't remember where. Does anyone else know?

Quote Originally Posted by Spurser View Post
    What's up with Thibodaux? First Jori, now this? Poor little boy. I always worry about something like this too. I have even opened the door and yelled for my son when I felt he was in there for too long. You never know. Remember a few years back when that man killed a little boy in the bathroom? Can't remember where. Does anyone else know?
    Yes, Matthew Cecchi in 1998. We lived in San Diego at the time, so I remember it very, very clearly.
    I'm just sayin...

"Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Im with you all on this! My 12 year old not only goes into public bathrooms alone, but he is the one who goes with my 8 year old son to make sure nothing happens to HIM. Now what? Do I have to take both my 8 year old and my 12 year old son in the ladies room with me? This is ridiculous!

RIP McStays

Also this dirt bag is lucky it wasnt my son....my husband would have found him first and took care of things right there on the spot.

RIP McStays

Police: 12-year-old boy raped at Thibodaux restaurant

Police say a 12-year-old boy was using the bathroom at Burger King Friday night when Terry Sanchez, 51, entered the stall and allegedly raped him.

Investigators say Sanchez left after the incident and the boy ran to a nearby house and then home for help.

According to the police report, the victim had blood on his shirt and shorts and detectives found more blood in the bathroom stall.

snip

Police say doctors there found abrasions on the boy that were consistent with sexual activity.

snip

"He tried to claim it was consensual," Silverii said.

http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/s...q8i4TL3ug.cspx

I wrote to the reporter too. No, 12 year olds do not "have" sex nor can they consent. When will reporters and their editors learn??? Appalling.

I think this happens FAR more often than little boys share with their parents. Sadly, if the child wouldn't have been so severely injured, with obvious blood (Lord help him), I'm afraid that he might not have told due to shame and embarrassment or threats. He was a brave brave boy to run for help. Just the fact that the rapist has made the comment that the attack was consensual deeply wounds the child yet again.

One of our little boys was sexually abused in a park restroom as we sat close by. His abuser was our teen neighbor who so "helpfully" offered to show our son where the restroom was. Another son was raped by the same teen in the elementary school restroom--in the primary grade wing with teachers nearby, where the rapist was volunteering with the Kinders and first-graders. Neither told immediately.

As you can imagine, our elder kids who have children of their own are quite particular about public restroom practices. Most restrooms are set up where the urinals and/or the stalls are not visible from the door. I don't think there's a thing wrong with a parent standing in the doorway, making sure all possible attackers are aware that a child is being supervised. This issue continues to be a difficult for parents of the opposite sex. There are no easy answers. Kids do need to use the restroom. And predators can bank on that fact.

My prayers are with this little guy. How I hope he gets all the help he needs.

When you trace the path from Sanchez' house on Cherry St. to the Burger King, one mile away, there's lots of fast food restaurants, gas stations, etc. I really worry that this was not a one time occurrence.

A similiar thing happened in my town to a boy in the McDonalds in the mall when my son was young. After that I took him to the lady's room with me or I stood outside the men's door and I wasn't afraid to look in. I would talk loudly if he went in the mens room where it was obivious a parent was waiting. "Okay I'll be waiting right here at the doorway" I would let it be known, I was there.

I feel so sad for these kids that these monsters prey on. They should take them straight out to a field and finish them off right there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast