1101 users online (228 members and 873 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Casey to serve one year probation #2

Please continue here.

Please stay on topic and remember NO name calling.

I hear there is to be a decision from the Appeals Court by noon on Aug. 26, 2011.

Thanks!

Salem

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146950"]Thread 1[/ame]

I haven't caught up on the last thread so I'll post this here.

Fla. AG: Casey Anthony Should Serve Probation

http://www.wftv.com/news/28933170/detail.html

Bondi's office told the court of appeal that probation is not a right, but a grace for "a second chance" to live by the law and that sentencing is not "a game in which a wrong move by the judge means immunity for the prisoner."

The State's response to the appellate court is linked in the article also.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Please continue here.

Please stay on topic and remember NO name calling.

I hear there is to be a decision from the Appeals Court by noon on Aug. 26, 2011.

Thanks!

Salem

Thread 1
    Wow, that date and time is equal to the dead line date and time for KC to report to probation. Guess she will have to report by Friday unless one of the spiritual advisers can read the tea leaves and predict an accurate favorable outcome for the DT.

I have a question - does anyone ever wonder what happened to the clerk that made the mistake? I can't help wondering if he/she got fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Meri View Post
    I have a question - does anyone ever wonder what happened to the clerk that made the mistake? I can't help wondering if he/she got fired!
    No clue. I hope not since I think this was more a combination of misunderstandings. No way those probation conditions as ordered by Judge Strickland could be completed while in jail IMO. Common sense was left out too by the DOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Meri View Post
    ..i rather doubt it.

..a "scrivener's error"-----mistake by the (scrivener) clerk, is just that---she worte up the Order based on what was decided in court, and let's face it, there WAS a lot of back and forth on what should be done.....finally judgeS did ( orally pronounce ) probation was for a year---to begin upon release.

..fortunately, as judgeP pointed out in his denial to cheney's motion---what was said 'orally' takes precedence over the 'written' order.

..i'm certain that she does feel badly though!
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    ..i rather doubt it.

..a "scrivener's error"-----mistake by the (scrivener) clerk, is just that---she worte up the Order based on what was decided in court, and let's face it, there WAS a lot of back and forth on what should be done.....finally judgeS did ( orally pronounce ) probation was for a year---to begin upon release.

..fortunately, as judgeP pointed out in his denial to cheney's motion---what was said 'orally' takes precedence over the 'written' order.

..i'm certain that she does feel badly though!
    Yes, a scrivener's error is a "natural" mistake or an "unintended mistake" - unlike the "mistake" Baez made in deliberating ignoring the Judge's directions and not informing the Court about the DOC's mistake.

Baez was in court when the probation sentence was announced. It was his duty as an Officer of the Court to report this mistake of FCA "serving" her probation while in jail.

A Scrivener's error covers the Clerk's error, there is no "handy law" to cover Baez's deliberate action.
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

The Defense has until noon today if they want to make comments about the State's response.

The order said if Anthony wants to file a reply, her attorneys must do so by noon Tuesday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7899723.story

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    bobkealing bob kealing
    Breaking-#CaseyAnthony defense files final argument against fraud probation claiming probation was served properly.

bobkealing bob kealing
    Spokeswoman for 5th DCA says judges already working on decision and may issue it today. #CaseyAnthony.

Bob Kealing tweeted that court spokesperson said judge's have already been working on it so may rule today. Fingers crossed.

ETA Jinx Deanna! LOL couldn't copy the tweet at work..just saw it on my phone!
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...bation-hearing

There is a link at the article to the DT response filed today. A decision could come today.

Ohmygosh! I hope they rule today!!! Come on, appellate court!!!
    Last edited by Aedrys; 08-23-2011 at 12:41 PM.

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    bobkealing bob kealing
    Yes“@DaDessertLadie: Will hearing on Thursday to determine if Casey has to pay for the costs be televised?”

Mods, please move if needed. Couldn't find an appropriate thread.

So as not to get my hopes up, I am fully expecting Casey to win this and not have to serve probabtion.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast