Casey to serve one year probation #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Please stay on topic and remember NO name calling.

I hear there is to be a decision from the Appeals Court by noon on Aug. 26, 2011.

Thanks!

Salem

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146950"]Thread 1[/ame]

I haven't caught up on the last thread so I'll post this here.

Fla. AG: Casey Anthony Should Serve Probation

http://www.wftv.com/news/28933170/detail.html

Bondi's office told the court of appeal that probation is not a right, but a grace for "a second chance" to live by the law and that sentencing is not "a game in which a wrong move by the judge means immunity for the prisoner."

The State's response to the appellate court is linked in the article also.

Please continue here.

Please stay on topic and remember NO name calling.

I hear there is to be a decision from the Appeals Court by noon on Aug. 26, 2011.

Thanks!

Salem

Thread 1

Wow, that date and time is equal to the dead line date and time for KC to report to probation. Guess she will have to report by Friday unless one of the spiritual advisers can read the tea leaves and predict an accurate favorable outcome for the DT.

I have a question - does anyone ever wonder what happened to the clerk that made the mistake? I can't help wondering if he/she got fired!

I have a question - does anyone ever wonder what happened to the clerk that made the mistake? I can't help wondering if he/she got fired!

No clue. I hope not since I think this was more a combination of misunderstandings. No way those probation conditions as ordered by Judge Strickland could be completed while in jail IMO. Common sense was left out too by the DOC.

..i rather doubt it.

..a "scrivener's error"-----mistake by the (scrivener) clerk, is just that---she worte up the Order based on what was decided in court, and let's face it, there WAS a lot of back and forth on what should be done.....finally judgeS did ( orally pronounce ) probation was for a year---to begin upon release.

..fortunately, as judgeP pointed out in his denial to cheney's motion---what was said 'orally' takes precedence over the 'written' order.

..i'm certain that she does feel badly though!

..i rather doubt it.

..a "scrivener's error"-----mistake by the (scrivener) clerk, is just that---she worte up the Order based on what was decided in court, and let's face it, there WAS a lot of back and forth on what should be done.....finally judgeS did ( orally pronounce ) probation was for a year---to begin upon release.

..fortunately, as judgeP pointed out in his denial to cheney's motion---what was said 'orally' takes precedence over the 'written' order.

..i'm certain that she does feel badly though!

Yes, a scrivener's error is a "natural" mistake or an "unintended mistake" - unlike the "mistake" Baez made in deliberating ignoring the Judge's directions and not informing the Court about the DOC's mistake.

Baez was in court when the probation sentence was announced. It was his duty as an Officer of the Court to report this mistake of FCA "serving" her probation while in jail.

A Scrivener's error covers the Clerk's error, there is no "handy law" to cover Baez's deliberate action.

bobkealing bob kealing
Breaking-#CaseyAnthony defense files final argument against fraud probation claiming probation was served properly.

bobkealing bob kealing
Spokeswoman for 5th DCA says judges already working on decision and may issue it today. #CaseyAnthony.

Bob Kealing tweeted that court spokesperson said judge's have already been working on it so may rule today. Fingers crossed.

ETA Jinx Deanna! LOL couldn't copy the tweet at work..just saw it on my phone!

Ohmygosh! I hope they rule today!!! Come on, appellate court!!!

bobkealing bob kealing
Yes“@DaDessertLadie: Will hearing on Thursday to determine if Casey has to pay for the costs be televised?”

Mods, please move if needed. Couldn't find an appropriate thread.

So as not to get my hopes up, I am fully expecting Casey to win this and not have to serve probabtion.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but why is so much effort being put into not having Casey Anthony serve 1 year probation?

I don't buy the "It isn't safe for her in Florida" excuse.

Is it that it will diminish her marketability? Are they afraid she cannot meet the conditions of probation?

I'm sure this has been covered before, but why is so much effort being put into not having Casey Anthony serve 1 year probation?

I don't buy the "It isn't safe for her in Florida" excuse.

Is it that it will diminish her marketability? Are they afraid she cannot meet the conditions of probation?

Her "team" lacks the confidence that she can stay crimefree for a year....jmo

I'm on the Albemarle Sound in NC and the house rocked back and forth. First earthquake I have ever experienced. At least one that strong.

bobkealing bob kealing
Yes“@DaDessertLadie: Will hearing on Thursday to determine if Casey has to pay for the costs be televised?”

Mods, please move if needed. Couldn't find an appropriate thread.

bobkealing bob kealing
#JudgePerry spokeswoman just sent out advisory confirming hearing for investigative costs: 9am Thursday. Will be televised.

Her "team" lacks the confidence that she can stay crimefree for a year....jmo

I'm on the Albemarle Sound in NC and the house rocked back and forth. First earthquake I have ever experienced. At least one that strong.

I think it's the fact that she'd be tied to them for another year that makes them shake in their boots! They want to make money and turn her loose! :crazy:

Yes, a scrivener's error is a "natural" mistake or an "unintended mistake" - unlike the "mistake" Baez made in deliberating ignoring the Judge's directions and not informing the Court about the DOC's mistake.

Baez was in court when the probation sentence was announced. It was his duty as an Officer of the Court to report this mistake of FCA "serving" her probation while in jail.

A Scrivener's error covers the Clerk's error, there is no "handy law" to cover Baez's deliberate action.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members