8-23-11. Hearing for protective order

Distract, distract, distract. Blame the victims. Distract, distract. :cow:

I don't believe JP fears Chuck Cox, it's his own demons that are circling upon him.

Asking to hug a grandchild is not a threatening action. A person in the middle of delivering death threats wouldn't think of hugging anyone.

Jennifer believes Josh has another reason for seeking the protective order, "They're trying to eliminate the reminders and influences of Susan in the boys' lives. Chuck and Judy are just another reminder. "

It says a lot if his own sister thinks so.

I find Josh Powell and his father utterly disgusting. They have done nothing to "FIND" Susan from the get-go and have only thrown up blockades and innuendos to keep the truth from being discovered.

This hearing is a joke, I hope Josh and daddyPowell get what's coming to them soon.

I hope that Josh brings his daddy! I'd enjoy watching SP try to smooth-talk the judge. I wonder if it will be on videotape?

Considering the way that JP and SP have been running their mouths and showing up trying to provoke a fight, I doubt JP can keep a lawyer. ( Not that he needs one for a restraining order). Don't defense lawyers usually stop representing a client who refuses to keep their mouth shut?

(Well...Drew P. still has his lawyer, so I guess some of them will stick around if they are desperate. Someone has to graduate at the bottom of the class!)

What a whiny freaking brat. He will get his sooner or later. imo

Normally I think it takes the lowest of the low to try to take advantage of the protection laws for any purpose other than for personal protection. Unfortunately my opinion doesn't mean much. However the P's aren't the first to try this and won't be the last. And the judges are quite aware of it. So getting a protection order may not be as easy as they think.

First is there any proof? Due to the type of law and the needs it covers little proof is needed. We have two people showing up at the same public place, and evidently a conversation took place. Then it is he said/he said on what actually occurred in the conversation. Usually it will take more proof for a judge. But in light of the surrounding circumstances, the judge may actually grant it.

But let's look at that. If the judge actually grants the restraining order, it will say that Cox cannot come within a certain distance of Powell and cannot make contact with JP. But it will give Cox some grounds if JP shows up at another vigil. Or if he decides to call Cox and get on a rant. Or tries to find out info. Or tries to send him a message. In a lot of ways it will limit JP more than Cox.

Best case scenario would be if the court would order a tro against both Cox and JP and include all family members. I think that would probably limit JP and family more than Cox.

Sadly, those who will and are suffering the most, besides Susan, are the children, and there doesn't seem to be a way to spare them the evilness of their family.
Obviously, right? Just typing out loud. Thanks for listening.

I just read Findsusan tweeter & they posted the hearing is postponed until 3pm today to accomodate the press. I had no idea what time it was anyway. At least there will be press coverage.

Josh Powell, who has not answered questions for law enforcement since the early days of his wife’s disappearance, on Saturday said he is willing to meet with the FBI.

Powell, however, has conditions: His attorney must be present, and the FBI must pay the attorney.

“Yeah, if they pay my attorney’s fees, and he advises me properly, why wouldn’t I?” Josh Powell responded to a reporter’s questions about an FBI meeting.

But Powell still refuses to meet with West Valley City police, who are leading the investigation. Powell contends detectives there have misled him and the public.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52426363-78/powell-susan-wife-fbi.html.csp

I wonder what JP's fancy pants attorney, Scott Williams, thinks about all this. I thought Williams told JP to STFU and now he is making a huge spectacle of himself. Three hours until the circus begins.

From the link to the restraining order, I can't see how the Powell's think there was any way Mr.Cox violated the restraining order. If anything, they were the ones causing the problem by approaching him.
He actually should be the one to get the order, keeping them from publishing her journals.
jmo

Josh Powell, who has not answered questions for law enforcement since the early days of his wife’s disappearance, on Saturday said he is willing to meet with the FBI.

Powell, however, has conditions: His attorney must be present, and the FBI must pay the attorney.

“Yeah, if they pay my attorney’s fees, and he advises me properly, why wouldn’t I?” Josh Powell responded to a reporter’s questions about an FBI meeting.

But Powell still refuses to meet with West Valley City police, who are leading the investigation. Powell contends detectives there have misled him and the public.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52426363-78/powell-susan-wife-fbi.html.csp

Yeah, good luck with that!

He does think he is clever doesn't he.

He won't speak with police, because they have misled him, and the public. (Rrrriiiigggghhht!
Susan is probably out there partying with Stacy Peterson somewhere. Uh huh, we got it.)

And the carefully worded statement about the FBI:
His attorney must be present (His right, don't think anyone will argue with that. Of course when most men are concerned for the welfare of their wives, they call LE, are eager to talk with them and tell them what has happened and try to answer as many questions as poss. Esp. if they feel the wife is unstable/mentally ill. But that is his right. He also has the right not to incriminate himself.)

The FBI must pay for his attorney (yeah like that is going to happen.)

And if the attorney advises him correctly (Just in case the FBI does break down and pay the fees, this gives JP the additional out. If he decides not to talk, the attorney didn't advise him correctly.)

I wonder if the Powell's have paid for Scott Williams to travel to Puyallup to represent them on the restraining order? I see Mr. Cox has received legal representation locally.

I wonder if JP will represent himself? He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client.

Distract, distract, distract. Blame the victims. Distract, distract. :cow:

I don't believe JP fears Chuck Cox, it's his own demons that are circling upon him.

Asking to hug a grandchild is not a threatening action. A person in the middle of delivering death threats wouldn't think of hugging anyone.

It says a lot if his own sister thinks so.

Good post, Donjeta...

I suspect Josh may be suffering from a Lady Macbeth complex.

Out, damn'd spot!

In any case, I hope he keeps talking to the media. The boy ain't half as smart as he likes to think he is, and sooner or later he's going to slip up. Hopefully sooner. :)

Good post, Donjeta...

I suspect Josh may be suffering from a Lady Macbeth complex.

Out, damn'd spot!

In any case, I hope he keeps talking to the media. The boy ain't half as smart as he likes to think he is, and sooner or later he's going to slip up. Hopefully sooner. :)

You know, that same image keeps coming to me about the guilt and the wringing of the hands with the spot on them. I keep remembering what that neighbor/friend said about when JP came home that night of being gone all day with the rental car and how red and raw JP's hands were -- and he just sat there rubbing them and rubbing them. Like you said "Out damn spot". That scene alone told me all I needed to know about his guilt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back