Letterman risks life and tongue by joking about fatwa

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Letterman risks life and tongue by joking about fatwa

Joyce Picker
, Late Night Talk Shows Examiner
August 23, 2011

...Letterman returned to his show last night after a two week break with extra security at the Ed Sulivan Theater. Instantly, Dave started the monologue jokes referring to the Jihadist threat. He thanked the audience for being a human shield. He wished there was a nickel for everytime someone threatened to cut his tongue out. He checked the CBS life insurance policy to see if he was covered for Jihad. But Dave knows this is a serious situation. He said of the State Department, "They are not taking this lightly. They're questioning, they're interrogating, there's an electronic trail...but everybody knows it's Leno."...

Continue reading on Examiner.com Letterman risks life and tongue by joking about fatwa - National Late Night Talk Shows | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/late-night-...nd-tongue-by-joking-about-fatwa#ixzz1VvCsVzN1

I can't stand him - but I must admit, I appreciate that he didn't bow down and apologize, and I can support that.

I've always loved Dave.
Well there was that time... U know the affair thing I didn't like his actions.

But, as a comedian, I think he's brilliant. I watched last night and thought his jokes were priceless!

absolute best part was when they showed the joke writer on camera and he cursed and ran away screaming!!!!

jmo

I agree, Kimberly. I think he's amazing and absolutely hilarious! I say way to go at not allowing himself to be pushed around.

I agree, Kimberly. I think he's amazing and absolutely hilarious! I say way to go at not allowing himself to be pushed around.

Letterman is a hoot. He is taking a stand for his freedom of speech. I admire him standing up to those bullying him.

Good for him. I'm proud of him.

:floorlaugh: I love Daves humor! Way to go Dave! Laughter is the best medicine!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back