Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: My Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Question for Compassionate Reader or anyone that might know something.......

I read something the other day that I hadn’t heard before (sorry don’t remember where I saw it) the two bikes were said to have had damaged front wheels when they pulled them out of the water if what I read is true. That got me thinking that it MIGHT be possible that the boys were hit by a car head on and maybe even intentionally in order to knock them off the bikes. Just a thought and I wondered if you had been involved in any discussions about how or why the bikes were in that condition…..
    I've not heard/read that report. It's an interesting theory, but I can't add to your query.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Compassionate Reader For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Were Stevie's pants still zipped/buttoned like the inside out pants? TIA!
    IIRC, yes. I'd check, but I can't seem to get on the BB right now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Compassionate Reader For This Useful Post:

There are pics of the a manhole and its repairs and paint job done on it at BB under the STRANGE thread.
    I hope I did not sound insenstive when I wrote TH threw the boys in the manhole as I would never say anything that would hurt anyone here at WS or BB or anywhere on the net.I am sorry if I sounded that way.I was just trying to get an understanding of what happened to them.I am sad that they had to go through what they did and not get to live their lives out to adulthood.I really want justice for them and hope to god the real killer is caught someday or we at least find out the truth.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SyraKelly For This Useful Post:

Thanks, I found it. Wish there were pictures of the inside. I definitely do not think TH could have gotten the boys out of that opening in the manner described in the op theory.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to h818 For This Useful Post:

I have watched a couple of documentaries on this case, but that's pretty much all I've done until last couple of days. To be honest, I believed the WM3 were wrongly convicted but that they would get no reprieve. Thank goodness they are getting another chance.

After reading here, I'm learning so many new things about the circumstances surrounding this case and as always appreciate the postings of those who have spent much time researching facts and documents.

Just a couple of thoughts on CR's theory. I didn't know quite what to think about the whole TH going to the manhole and getting after Stevie and his two friends. If he was hitting them, wouldn't it be kind of difficult for one man to control 3 kids? Then again, if TH was abusive to Stevie and the other two boys knew about it they may have been too afraid or stunned to act quickly enough. I'm not sure I understand the extent of the injuries to the boys. Did they die from being beaten or did they drown in the 6 inches of water? If I understand the theory correctly, the beating occurred around 6:30 or 7pm? And then TH left the kids, who are assumed to just be unconcious, for nearly 2 hours before going back to check, and when he went back they were all dead? They must have all had serious head trauma. Then when TH found them dead, he started the process of tying up and moving the bodies?

OK, I, too, find it somewhat of a leap to think he's carrying the bodies up a ladder, then about 200 yards away. 2 football field lenghts is not a short distance in that situation. The idea of a second adult seems quite plausible, but who would it be? This bojangles person--perhaps TH found some homeless guy and offered to pay him to help him out. The guy accepts and assists TH in the staging of the crime/body moving thing. Afterwards, TH shoots the guy. But why wouldn't the dude tell someone in the restaurant? Perhaps he thought he would end up in jail so he kept his mouth shut, but then he disappeared. IDK, obviously, I'm just throwing ideas out. I haven't read this entire thread yet, and have yet to visit any of the suggested websites for transcripts. Does LE now have TH DNA and is that how they know the hairs belong to him? At what point did TH give up his DNA, and was a court order necessary to get it from him? The clothing thing is kind of weird. Some of the stuff seems like it doesn't make a lot of sense, but then again, a person who has killed 3 children cannot possibly be a rational person. Sorry for the long post, I'm just trying to get my thoughts together and more clear.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shgrbkr For This Useful Post:

Pictures of the bikes, scroll down midpage:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...m#.Tle1y29CCcY

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post

Thanks for leading me to those pictures. Been driving myself crazy trying to find what I originally read. I don't see any obvious damage to the front wheels so I'm going to forget about the bikes for now.
    As for presumption of innocence until proven guilty….
    Since I am not a member of a jury and this is only a discussion board I do not have to abide by the rules of the court in order to express an opinion. If we were to assume that all defendants on this board were innocent, then there really wouldn't be much to discuss.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wishbone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post

This is also a good discussion that puts a bit of a damper on the manhole theory... Or at least the rebar patterns. I knew I had read this discussion somewhere before but just couldn't remember which forum it was in.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I Must Break You For This Useful Post:

By the way I would like to clarify my stance on the manhole theory a bit. I've read some of my posts and it appears I'm being overly critical of the theory, when in fact.... I am actually. I just find it so hard to swallow that supporters are jumping on a theory with such vigor as the WMPD jumped on the thought that the discovery site was the scene of the crime. In fact there is more evidence that the discovery site was the scene of the crime then the manhole theory as at least the bodies were found there. Don't get me wrong I in no way believe the discovery site was the scene of the crime. While the manhole is a nice little theory, thats all it is and is no more likely than one of a million other scenarios. CR this isn't a knock in the slightest, it's just I'm seeing way too many people buy into it completely with little regard for other scenarios. Also I think it does do a disservice to the investigation (even though there officially isn't one) that so many supporters are trying to tie one suspect into one scenario. While I agree completely Hobbs is the logical suspect, there is scant evidence to support it (at least that we know of). Again I do like the theory (flaws and all), but I just feel supporters need to be a bit more critical of theories and getting tunnel vision of one suspect. Thanks for letting me rant that a bit, at least I can do that here without getting banned.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to I Must Break You For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Must Break You View Post
    This is also a good discussion that puts a bit of a damper on the manhole theory... Or at least the rebar patterns. I knew I had read this discussion somewhere before but just couldn't remember which forum it was in.

Having only recently started digging thru all the info on this case I still find myself sitting on the fence even though I believe there should have been a new trial. Even with a new trial, due to all the different interpretations of the evidence and problems with testimony, timelines and autopsy determinations; I don’t believe my doubts would be erased. At this point I don’t even know how these children died, drowning or trauma. I’m hoping more definitive and concrete new evidence will be revealed by the defense. And even if that doesn’t show exactly how they died maybe solid proof would point to who committed this horrible crime.
    As for presumption of innocence until proven guilty….
    Since I am not a member of a jury and this is only a discussion board I do not have to abide by the rules of the court in order to express an opinion. If we were to assume that all defendants on this board were innocent, then there really wouldn't be much to discuss.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wishbone For This Useful Post:

I don't believe in the manhole theory myself but I have no problem with anyone who does.There are quite a few things I disagree with on the supporters side.

The main thing for me is that we agree that the three convicted were not the ones who murdered the little boys.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LunaticFringe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate Reader View Post
    IIRC, yes. I'd check, but I can't seem to get on the BB right now.
    I'm just trying to imagine your theory CR. If he had tried to put the jeans on Stevie, but found it too difficult so he decides to undress the other boys, wouldnt the jeans be unbuttoned/zipped? I'm not trying to be nit picky and I realize you may have the theory right, while maybe not some of the details, but I was just trying to visualize this in my head. Thanks for the info!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheBoss For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    I'm just trying to imagine your theory CR. If he had tried to put the jeans on Stevie, but found it too difficult so he decides to undress the other boys, wouldnt the jeans be unbuttoned/zipped? I'm not trying to be nit picky and I realize you may have the theory right, while maybe not some of the details, but I was just trying to visualize this in my head. Thanks for the info!
    It just sounds like an awful lot of doing this and doing that by the perp/s. IDK, if I'd done something this hideous, I'd have probably left the kids in the manhole, if that's indeed where they were. Just seems like a LOT of trouble to go to--tying them up, hauling them up the ladder, then hauling them 200 yards away, trying to change their clothes. IIRC, the theory here is that TH tied them up while down in the manhole, then took them to the discovery site, then did the clothing thing--in that order? Wouldn't he have had to untie them and then tie them back in order to get the clothes off--or do I have the chronological order incorrect???

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shgrbkr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RTC View Post
    What if TH went out looking for them and chased them down with the car. Maybe he got close enough to the bikes just to scare them and the kids overreacted and fell head over handlebars and landed somewhere hard. He panicked thought the kids were dead and decided to hide them so he wouldnt have to admit what happened.
    {Above post respectfully 'snipped' by smart blonde}

This idea of yours is really interesting to me, because I've been wondering why TH seems so evasive and vague in the interview he (finally) gave to the police in 2007. I feel he is being less than truthful in his answers, and would love to know what it is he may be trying to hide regarding his vehicle at the time the murders occurred. I was thinking maybe he was worried that they would track down the car and find evidence that the boys dead bodies had been in it? I don't know, but something doesn't seem 'right'.

Here, is a transcribed portion of the interview I'm referencing:

~Officer: How many, how many vehicles did you own at this time?

~TH: I know of two, but it could have been three, because I liked to work on old trucks, and I had, I believe I had, one at that time. I like to restore trucks and sell them.

~Officer: uh hmm

~TH: I think I had one, I know we had two vehicles.

~Officer: The other two vehicles that you drove?

~TH: Correct.

~Officer:
    And do you remember what they were?

~TH: No, not really. No... not really.

~Officer: Did both you and Pam drive daily?

~TH: Yes. I had drove one to work. Trying to think of what I drove to work. It was a long time ago.

~Officer: Sure.

~TH: We had a LeBaron, a little Chrysler LeBaron, uh, we bought from City Motors, here in West Memphis. That might have been what I was driving to town. Umm, umm, maybe blue.

~Officer: Okay.

~TH: I'm just guessing.

He can't remember what car he was driving at the time of what had to be one of the most unforgettable nights of his life- the night he says he drove around looking for his missing stepson, who was found, along with two other little boys, murdered the next day? Could you really forget what car you owned and were driving at that time?

Does anyone else think it's strange that he can remember where he bought the car ("City Motors, right here in West Memphis") but doesn't remember what color the car was? ("Umm, umm, maybe blue. I'm just guessing").

Also, he admits to having two cars at that time (along with maybe a truck), but even though the officer asks twice what type of cars they are, TH only gives information about one. What about the other car? The officer doesn't seem to catch that TH still hasn't answered the question about the second car, and lets this line of questioning drop.

Here is the video below. The exchange starts at 8:40. (Note that just as TH starts to answer the first question, he touches his nose, which is supposedly a classic indication that someone is about to lie).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFXsWO9OBMg"]Terry Hobbs Speaks Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SyraKelly View Post
    did'nt TH say in the Pasdar interview that the night the boys went missing was the first night he ever meet MB or am I wrong..I could have sworn I read that somewhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    There were a few opinions about this as well. I don't believe it for a minute. Small town, boys were friends, etc...
    Listen to this telephone conversation between TH and JMB. It is the first 'video' of a series of three videos, all found on Youtube. It takes place 14 years after the murders. I think just after news that additional evidence had been discovered (possibly the DNA?).

Lots of little interesting little tidbits, but there is one part I find particularly interesting. It seems they are trying to reassure each other that they won't be 'found out', even as at least one (JMB?) of them must know they are being recorded. I'll transcribe this one portion, that starts at 2:24.

~TH: They are trying to play me and you right now, hoping to get a rise out of us. Which I ain't going to give them the thrill.
    Hey, Mark-

~JMB: I'm trying to stay calm.

~TH: Huh?

~JMB: I'm trying to stay calm.

~TH: Hey- You're trying to?

~JMB: I, I think I'm doing a pretty good job.

~TH: Hell, yeah. You ain't, I mean, if, if there was anything to worry about, it wouldn't take the State fourteen years to figure it out. We ain't, we ain't done nothing wrong. I sure ain't.

~JMB: I know I haven't done anything.......

It continues from there, I am just a terribly slow 'transcriber', so I'll let you listen to the rest:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu57ti78okA"]Mark Byers Talking to Terry Hobbs (1 of 3) - YouTube[/ame]

.... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast