Thread #7

Thread #8
Thread #9

Media Thread

laurengiddings-1.jpg

Lauren Teresa Giddings

April 18, 1984 -- June 26, 2011
Rest in Peace

Hello everyone - just jumping in here to update everyone on the new thread.

For now, we have closed the other thread as much of the discussion was revolving around the OpChan information. Given the nature of that particular website, we are asking everyone to refrain from linking the site for now, until Admin has a chance to look it over.

I understand that there are some posts on the site that may have been made by the suspect and YES that is good info and definitely sleuth worthy. However, the site itself raises some other issues. So until Admin has a chance to weigh in, we are asking that you hold back on that part of the discussion.

We should hear from Admin either this evening or sometime tomorrow morning. We are working on it :)

Please let me or any of the mod team know if you have any questions.

Salem

I apologize if this has already been posted, but if so, I missed it in the earlier confusion.

Copies of the affidavits and arrest warrants for the child *advertiser censored* charges have been posted here: http://media.macon.com/static/graphics/0824McDanielWarrants.jpg

All seven are for violations of OCGA 16-12-100(b)(8), which is the knowing possession of child *advertiser censored* -- no hint of any charges for distribution or creation of the images.

The commitment hearing on these charges is set for Sept. 15th. The commitment hearing for the murder charge is still set for tomorrow morning.

Hello everyone - just jumping in here to update everyone on the new thread.

For now, we have closed the other thread as much of the discussion was revolving around the OpChan information. Given the nature of that particular website, we are asking everyone to refrain from linking the site for now, until Admin has a chance to look it over.

I understand that there are some posts on the site that may have been made by the suspect and YES that is good info and definitely sleuth worthy. However, the site itself raises some other issues. So until Admin has a chance to weigh in, we are asking that you hold back on that part of the discussion.

We should hear from Admin either this evening or sometime tomorrow morning. We are working on it :)

Please let me or any of the mod team know if you have any questions.

Salem

Thanks for explaining -- last few minutes have been very disorienting! !:crosseyed:

I'm sorry about that, Backwoods, but you guys are full of surprises.

Hello Everyone!

Wow, some pretty good sleuthing around here. :highfive:

There are a couple of things that we concern ourselves on Websleuths. The first one I'm going to mention is the MOST important: Do NOT ever call ANYONE as a representative for Websleuths. If you see something that LE needs to know, we ENCOURAGE you to call law enforcement. BUT, the only ones who are allowed to represent Websleuths are Tricia and SoSueMe, the co-owners of this forum. If you want to direct LE to this forum, let Tricia, SoSueMe or admin know about it first so that we are not caught unaware of the situation. :tyou:

Second, we cannot be sure this is the same person on the website as they claim to be no matter how legitimate it seems. That's why it's good that LE is aware of the postings. I see that everyone would really like to discuss these posts. So what we're going to do is open a thread in the private forum where you guys can discuss them. Since I've not been keeping up-to-date on this case, I'll ask one of your assigned mods to open it so hang on until they have the time to get it going.

:grouphug:

Hello Everyone!

Wow, some pretty good sleuthing around here. :highfive:

There are a couple of things that we concern ourselves on Websleuths. The first one I'm going to mention is the MOST important: Do NOT ever call ANYONE as a representative for Websleuths. If you see something that LE needs to know, we ENCOURAGE you to call law enforcement. BUT, the only ones who are allowed to represent Websleuths are Tricia and SoSueMe, the co-owners of this forum. If you want to direct LE to this forum, let Tricia, SoSueMe or admin know about it first so that we are not caught unaware of the situation. :tyou:

Second, we cannot be sure this is the same person on the website as they claim to be no matter how legitimate it seems. That's why it's good that LE is aware of the postings. I see that everyone would really like to discuss these posts. So what we're going to do is open a thread in the private forum where you guys can discuss them. Since I've not been keeping up-to-date on this case, I'll ask one of your assigned mods to open it so hang on until they have the time to get it going.

:grouphug:

I guess someone will explain, for those of us who have never participated in one, how the private forum thing works...and direct us there when it is ready...?

I don't know why this didn't cross my mind yesterday when I mentioned the possibility that SM
could have been using a LiveCD for his extra-curricular activities, so I thought I'd do so now :)

USB Flash Drives can also be setup as bootable devices, just like a LiveCD,
and these are quite common these days (am I showing my age now? :D).
Of course, one of the main benefits of this is the storage capacity.
So, this Flash Drive they found the CP on could have been one of these.

For a better understanding, see:
Live USB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I will get the thread set up and post a link here. Give me just a few minutes.

Thanks,

Salem

I guess someone will explain, for those of us who have never participated in one, how the private forum thing works...and direct us there when it is ready...?
Yes, just sit tight for a bit. Thanks.

I just saw the video that Matou posted in the previous thread for the first time believe it or not. The video of him getting interviewed when the body was found. I saw the other 10min video but somehow missed this one until now and guilt was written all over SM's face and body.

I feel like he needed to take a seat and turn his back away from everywhere in order to get his story together and deal with the "shock" of the body turning up as he thought it was headed to a landfill by now. I also believe he was trying to make himself cry(similar to making himself vomit as he posted on the ch** site). He couldn't make himself cry b/c I think his nerves were going in hundreds of different directions. Once he came back and started talking he was hoping tears would run down his face but they didn't and he gave us a terrible acting job.

sorry for rambling

Please continue here.

Previous Threads:

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8

Media Thread

laurengiddings-1.jpg

Lauren Teresa Giddings

April 18, 1984 -- June 26, 2011
Rest in Peace
Hi Bessie,
I don't know if was intentional or an oversight but there is not a link to the new thread in the old thread as I know we have many visitors who read the site and may not be able to find this new one(it took me a while)

*edit* ok disregard this as I understand why now

Yes, just sit tight for a bit. Thanks.
If it's decided that the links to the OpChan site will not be allowed to remain in the old thread,
can our posts there be transferred to this new thread? I'm not familiar with the back-end for vBulletin.
Perhaps the whole thread can be copied/converted to the new thread, then the old one can be selectively cleaned?
Just some thoughts...

BTW... anyone else notice that the comments sections on the recent macon.com articles have been disabled all afternoon?
:worms:

Hi Bessie,
I don't know if was intentional or an oversight but there is not a link to the new thread in the old thread as I know we have many visitors who read the site and may not be able to find this new one(it took me a while)

*edit* ok disregard this as I understand why now
It's there now. ;)

BTW... anyone else notice that the comments sections on the recent macon.com articles have been disabled all afternoon?

I noticed that and wondered if they did that to keep people from posting which site it's from.

It's only disabled on that article, not the rest of the site.

that has happened on other cases I've followed, usually when the comments are full of real info too - darn.

I was on this morning and posted a link to the forbidden site-then it went down. Then the new article about his postings came up. I think they wanted to keep their scoop and any other future scoops to themselves. :propeller:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie