GUILTY IL - Jonathan Ward, 30, left to die of heroin OD, East St Louis, 28 May 2009

UdbCrzy2

Reaction score
Drug dealer who shoved meat down pants of overdosing man gets life in prison

Jonathan "J.J." Ward, of Effingham, Ill., bought heroin from Tavis D. Doyle on May 28, 2009, and died a day later inside Doyle's crack house on Walter Street in East St. Louis, prosecutors at his trial said.
They said Doyle refused to allow witnesses to call for help when Ward overdosed. Instead, he tried to revive Ward by putting frozen meat in his pants and insisting that Ward was still alive and "just needed to sleep it off."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_aeda079a-cf69-11e0-9b56-0019bb30f31a.html

Wow that's huge. Very, very seldom do dealers get time for actual deaths. I read the article, but I'm not clear. Is he doing life because he sold him the heroin that killed him or because he refused to let anyone get him help?

Some things just do not jibe there. First off the deceased purchased the heroin the day before. So what it took him an entire day to overdose? It don't work like that. It could be he purchased a substantial amount and had some for the next day. Must have been alot because your average heroin addict is going to do up all the dope they buy that day.

Meat in a crack house? Where'd he get cold meat? They had a fridge in the crack house? Common home remedy for someone that OD's on dope is ice cubes in the region below and basically freezing water all over the body if possible.

All they had to do is get him to a hospital and drop him off. Or carry him outside and call an ambulance. One shot of Narcan and he probably would have lived.

The Judge sent a great message though. I'm just not clear on the charges. RIP JJ Ward sorry you went out like that.

Filly ,

I always learn so much from you. I was tripped up over the meat in the pants.

Filly ,

I always learn so much from you. I was tripped up over the meat in the pants.

Soulmagnet, I am not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.:innocent:

Hey, I'm tripped up somebody had meat in a crack house. :crazy:

Meat, AND a freezer to keep it in. Wow. If somebody wanted to help the guy, all they had to do was carry the victim out of there and maybe a couple houses down. While they get the guy outside, call the paramedics.

Meat, AND a freezer to keep it in. Wow. If somebody wanted to help the guy, all they had to do was carry the victim out of there and maybe a couple houses down. While they get the guy outside, call the paramedics.

Right? What kind of crack house they running up in there. A freezer with food in it and meat none the less.

Looks like Tavis Doyle wanted no attention brought at all, period to his business so even a few houses down would not do. Or he worried about the other dealers on the block who'd be investigated if an OD was in front of their place.

Sadly no matter ones moral compass when in the depths of addiction you're basically going to listen to your dealer.

I'm still wondering why he OD'd a day after he bought the dope? He must have saved some and got a really good bag. Really good as in an addicts point of view. It's so sad though. Such a sad way to go out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back