1215 users online (194 members and 1021 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    I was reading Robert Graysmith's "Zodiac Unmasked" and he tries to lump the Kamahele disappearance in with the Zodiac murders but I see no connection at all. I thought she was part of the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker murders. But just in my own opinion, men who abduct female hitchhikers are probably sexually-motivated serial killers and that just doesn't sound like Zodiac.
    I agree that she was part of the SRHM but there are many who think that the Hitchhiker murderer and the Zodiac were one and the same.

I really had my hopes up when I learned that Lisa Smith had been found safe - although she is now deceased, I hoped she had been able to provide some information on the person who attacked her. It may very well have been the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murderer. I do know that LE talked to her, but I have no idea what was learned from it.

That has got to be the same person in both pics

Wish we had more than just a sort of side view of the UID to tell more about the nose. Has anyone called this in?

Okay, this one is almost certainly wishful thinking on my part, mostly because I'm not sure how they determine the EDD from partial skeletal remains at all, but since the entry itself says that the information isn't correct and they need to update things like height, race, etc., I figured I'd post it here anyway. Maybe you guys have some input?

I think this sketch looks a LOT like Jeannette. The nose looks a little wider and the hairline a little lower, but the shape of the face and especially the chin and cheekbones are dead on IMO: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9208?page=demographics

I know it's unlikely that a woman who disappeared in 1972 from the Bay Area would show up in Washington state 40 years later. But she's the only one of the suspected Hitchhiker victims not to be found, and she fits Ted Bundy's victim profile. He picked up other hitchhikers (including one in Oregon) and took them to Washington before dumping their bodies. He was wooing Stephanie Brooks in San Francisco around this time and driving back and forth between there and Washington on occasion. And the Jane Doe was found just south of Seattle, which was his hunting grounds.

I know this is all incredibly unlikely, but I wonder if they've looked into it. Or if they have definitely determined the skeletal remains are fairly new and ruled out earlier possibilities. Is it worth contacting them to ask about updated information, do you think?

Another possibility: https://identifyus.org/cases/7765

The reconstructed face looks a little narrow to me, but I have to say I question the proportions on that sculpture a lot. It just doesn't look realistic.

I have often wondered if Jeannette were a Bundy victim and not a victim of the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murderer. Some articles have come out in recent years that LE thinks Bundy may have done the Santa Rosa murders but I tend to think these are 2 separate individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    I have often wondered if Jeannette were a Bundy victim and not a victim of the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murderer. Some articles have come out in recent years that LE thinks Bundy may have done the Santa Rosa murders but I tend to think these are 2 separate individuals.
    I completely agree with this. Jeannette just looks so much like the type of woman Bundy would want to grab, and the SRHH murderer seemed to want to display his victims. I also feel like a few of the other murders attributed or connected to SRHH are other killers, there were so many operating in that same area of California back then.

The fact that Jeannette was last seen getting into a pickup doesn't match up with Bundy, but that driver may have let her off elsewhere. Anyway, I know it's unlikely.

I could see Bundy having done one or two of the SRHH murders - Roger Kibbe and Ed Kemper, too. But I don't think any of those three were the main SRHH killer, just that he might have picked up credit for a couple of their victims because they were all operating in the same area at around the same time (maybe not Kibbe, his first known victim was in 1977, but I feel like he probably started killing not long after he married in 1971 or 1972) and they seemed to be serial killer victims.

The only theory I think really makes sense is that the SRHH killer was the Zodiac, just because they had similar lack of a soolid victim profile/preferred murder method, the Zodiac hinted at other victims, and if you buy into the theories about moons and astrology and stuff tied to SRHH murders, it sort of makes sense. Even then I'm not sure, though. Sorry, I tend to ramble about these cases.

Bumping
    " Beauty provoketh a thief sooner than gold. "
    William Shakespeare

Bumping for Jeannette; may she be found soon.
    William Shakespeare

Bumping for Jeannette; apparently the only one of the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker victims who remains missing.
    William Shakespeare

Bumping for Jeannette; like so many others, gone too long.
    William Shakespeare

You don't think she was taken by Ed Kemper, do you? She does look a bit like Alice Liu. Plus, it wasn't too far from where he was targeting victims. If he did take her, however, poor child. Even 3+ years after I first learnt about Kemper, he makes me feel sick to the stomach. Unlike Bundy and other 70s killers, he's still alive. I'm amazed he wasn't given the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth View Post
    You don't think she was taken by Ed Kemper, do you? She does look a bit like Alice Liu. Plus, it wasn't too far from where he was targeting victims. If he did take her, however, poor child. Even 3+ years after I first learnt about Kemper, he makes me feel sick to the stomach. Unlike Bundy and other 70s killers, he's still alive. I'm amazed he wasn't given the death penalty.
    I wonder if Kemper was ever in the Santa Rosa area. I believe one of his victims was abducted from Berkeley; but I think that's as far north as he traveled for his victims. The death penalty had been suspended at the time of his arrest and trial. Otherwise he might have been sentenced to the gas chamber.
    William Shakespeare

Oh, yeah...and he makes me sick, too.
    William Shakespeare

Bumping for Jeannette.
    William Shakespeare

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast