823 users online (110 members and 713 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Moon View Post
    I wonder if Kemper was ever in the Santa Rosa area. I believe one of his victims was abducted from Berkeley; but I think that's as far north as he traveled for his victims. The death penalty had been suspended at the time of his arrest and trial. Otherwise he might have been sentenced to the gas chamber.
    I think Kemper would be hard to miss since he was essentially a giant.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Who is Kemper?

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    Who is Kemper?
    Edmund Kemper was a serial killer who operated in Santa Cruz county., 75 miles to the south of Santa Rosa in 1972-73. He is serving a Life sentence and has given a full confession for the Santa Cruz Murders he is suspected of committing. There is no evidence that he operated outside of that area, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    Who is Kemper?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Kemper

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bumping for Jeannette
    "...And the villagers never liked you
    They are dancing and stamping on you
    They always knew it was you."

Sylvia Plath

Time to bump again for Jeannette. Where is she?
    "...And the villagers never liked you
    They are dancing and stamping on you
    They always knew it was you."

Sylvia Plath

Forget blaming the Zodiac

If the Zodiac was responsible for the Hitchhiker Murders, he had entirely different murderous habits in the Bay Area than in Sonoma County. The Santa Rosa victims were young women who were abducted, throttled, stripped naked, and discarded. The Bay Area victims were of both genders, shot where they were found, left untouched, and some of them survived the attack.

No similarities in style whatsoever.

What connects her to the series?

BTW, just why is Jeannette considered a Santa Rosa Hitchhiker victim anyhow? The sole evidence I have seen thus far is that she coincidentally disappeared right in the middle of the series of Santa Rosa Hitchhike Murders. Nothing else.

Or is LE holding out some info?

A friend of hers saw her out hitchhiking and get into a truck that stopped for her. They were able to give a description of the driver and the vehicle that closely matched that of the suspected perpetrator of the SRHM. For awhile it was thought that she could be Santa Rosa Jane Doe (who was found not far from where victim Lori Lee Kursa had been discovered years earlier) but she was later ruled out. Source: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...jeannette.html.
    Who is Fly Creek Jane Doe?

Also, thread for Santa Rosa Jane Doe: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...og-tied-Jul-79.

That camper was so distinctive

What I find most interesting in Jeannette's disappearance is that she was seen getting a ride from a pickup truck with a homemade wooden camper. These hand crafted campers are distinctive and rare. It seems that a BOLO would result in the stoppage of all such vehicles and the subsequent identification of the offender(s)' truck.

Quote Originally Posted by burblestein View Post
    What I find most interesting in Jeannette's disappearance is that she was seen getting a ride from a pickup truck with a homemade wooden camper. These hand crafted campers are distinctive and rare. It seems that a BOLO would result in the stoppage of all such vehicles and the subsequent identification of the offender(s)' truck.
    Yes, I think that really would have been the key to solving not just Jeannette's case but all of the SRHM. If this had happened today that probably would have been the first thing done. Unfortunately with the way missing persons cases were handled at the time particularly if, like Jeannette, the person was either an adult or teenager, it would be a lower priority unless there were very obvious signs of foul play at the beginning. Who knows how much time and useful information was lost because of that.

There are still pick up trucks with homemade wooden campers driving on the highways and byways of California. I guess a list of owners could be generated using DMV records, but they wouldn't go back to the 1970s.
    Choose Kindness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3