GUILTY MD - Ryan Sheppard for raping 1yr old boy, Frederick, 2011

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Ryan Edward Sheppard, 19, of Frederick, was indicted on charges of first-degree sex offense, first-degree assault and sex abuse of a minor, Smith said.

Arrested June 24, Sheppard is being held without bail at the Frederick County Adult Detention Center.

Sheppard's charges stem from allegations he sexually assaulted a 1-year-old boy left in his care June 22.

When the boy underwent surgery June 23, evidence of abuse was found and hospital officials notified the parents, according to court documents.

During questioning by police, Sheppard admitted sexually assaulting the child, documents state.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?storyID=123169

Md. Baby Needs Surgery After Alleged Sex Assault

Frederick County State’s Attorney Charlie Smith said Tuesday it is one of the most horrible child-abuse cases he has seen.

Prosecutors say the boy underwent a colostomy last week at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington because his colon was torn.

Investigators allege in charging documents that 19-year-old Ryan Sheppard acknowledged to police that he sexually assaulted the child last Wednesday.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/...ter-alleged-sex-assault/#.Tk8Sf1PkC5w.twitter

What Is a Colostomy?

When the colon, rectum, or anus is unable to function normally because of disease or injury, or needs to rest from normal function, the body must have another way to eliminate the waste. A colostomy is an opening -- called a stoma -- that connects the colon to the surface of the abdomen. This provides a new path for waste material and gas to leave the body. A colostomy can be permanent or temporary.

http://www.webmd.com/colorectal-cancer/guide/living-colostomy

A Frederick County District Court judge Monday denied bail to a 19-year-old Frederick man accused of sexually assaulting a 1-year-old boy left in his care last week.

snip

State's Attorney Charlie Smith said the offenses detailed in charging documents filed by the Frederick County Bureau of Investigation "are some of the most disturbing allegations I've ever encountered."

"I thought I'd heard it all," Smith said.

snip

"He's a danger to every child in this state," Moore said, adding that the injuries inflicted upon the child are unfathomable.

"It's absolutely horrid," he said.

Moore said internal injuries to the toddler's colon were so severe that a colostomy — a small opening in the abdomen for eliminating waste — was performed at Children's Hospital in Washington.

"It could be there indefinitely," Moore said, referring to a colostomy bag that the child needed to have attached.

Sheppard, who has not obtained legal counsel, had little to say at his bail review hearing. He requested a preliminary hearing, which has been set for July 20.

snip

After performing surgery on the child Thursday, hospital officials notified the boy's parents they had found evidence of abuse during the procedure, sheriff's office detective Michael Davies wrote in charging documents.

On Friday, Davies interviewed Sheppard, who admitted sexually assaulting the boy after changing his diaper, the documents state.

Sheppard told Davies he later called the boy's parents when he noticed the child was having trouble breathing, Davies wrote.

When they returned home from an evening out, they noticed the toddler's lips looked blue and they called 911.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display_comments.htm?StoryID=122974

OMG! That is so terrible. I pray for that little boy that he will be able to overcome what that monster did to him. That monster should be put to death, no questions asked. I have no use for monsters like this man.

This is another case of the deep sickness of evil in the world today. I want to puke. I hope the 19 year old perp is behind bars and stays there. Perhaps he'll get a taste of his own medicine in jail.

This is another case of the deep sickness of evil in the world today. I want to puke. I hope the 19 year old perp is behind bars and stays there. Perhaps he'll get a taste of his own medicine in jail.

Ever watched Beyond Scared Straight? This 19-year old won't stand a chance from inmates who have major sexual desires from being incarcerated for so long.

I also fully advocate death or genital removal for people who do this kind of ....I cant even metally come up with a way to describe how sickening this man and others like him are.

I was happy to read that the charges could carry a life sentence ...they dont always...unless the victim dies from his or her wounds....even then it isnt always a murder charge which IMHO it should be.

this fella is only 19. who knows what he could be capable of in the rest of his life. he needs to be caged for life or put down like an animal - I dont believe these people are truly human, I just dont.

omg this poor baby! I cant even fathom what this "man" was thinking when he violated this child in the disgusting manner. This makes me soooooooooooooooooo angry!!!

This makes me physically ill, there will never be a severe enough punishment for this . Praying for a full recovery and healing.

I'm right there with ya. But they need to give him a roommate called "Big Papa" while he's on the row.

I do take a small bit of solace in the fact that other inmates will make sure he experiences something similar to what he did to that poor baby! Looked like a major creep too! That poor sweet baby, I pray he will recover, physically and emotionally. And prayers for the POOR PARENTS! I can't imagine what they must be going through...

This makes me physically ill, there will never be a severe enough punishment for this . Praying for a full recovery and healing.

This is one sex-crime case where a full physical recovery at the very least is virtually impossible. Rectally raped at age one!

This is so sick ..And I can't wait for the guards to put this in general population with the pink jumpsuit ..Not everyone believes this happens but its 100% true that the guards will perpiously let the guys that run general pop know just what this guy likes to do to little boys. Ill bet you we hear about this guy and that he was killed in jail before the new year..

does it state anywhere that the perp has any mental disabilities?

just wondering ...

other than that, all I have to say is make it stop, please someone make it stop

and abuse of this nature should be an automatic attempted murder charge, since the perp knows full-well that a baby can die

In charging documents filed Friday, Detective Mike Davies of the county sheriff's office wrote that Sheppard acknowledged he sexually assaulted the boy while the child was in his care. Sheppard told police he called the parents after noticing the boy was bleeding and having difficulty breathing.

The parents told Davies they arrived to find that the child's lips had turned blue or purple, so they called 911.

After "noticing" that the boy was bleeding and having difficulty breathing? W. T. F. ?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back