1282 users online (205 members and 1077 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    473

    Thank you

    I just want to thank everyone who still comes to visit this case. i missed a lot of posting back when i didn't have a login. 15 years later this case still haunts me and i am grateful to all who still remember the boys and still try to educate others with fact and offer their own theory's.
    this section does not have a lot of activity (casey anthony is the new hot topic) but i look forward to every post in this case.
    so thank you all who take the time to post and read here.

  2. #2
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,469
    This case stays with me, too. I started coming to this thread because I thought she was innocent. (after watching some 1/2 hour tv show!) I did some reading here, and a LOT of reading of transcripts, and figured out pretty quickly that she was guilty as can be. There are some people on here that are extremely knowledgeable about this case, and I've learned so much from them over the years. I hadn't given that much thought before, so, if you don't mind, I'd like to add my "thanks" too!

  3. #3
    wonders's Avatar
    wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Here There and Everywhere
    Posts
    3,353
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMist View Post
    This case stays with me, too. I started coming to this thread because I thought she was innocent. (after watching some 1/2 hour tv show!) I did some reading here, and a LOT of reading of transcripts, and figured out pretty quickly that she was guilty as can be. There are some people on here that are extremely knowledgeable about this case, and I've learned so much from them over the years. I hadn't given that much thought before, so, if you don't mind, I'd like to add my "thanks" too!
    Same here IrishMist.
    Add me to the thanks list as well.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    473
    i started out believing she was guilty (lived in texas-arlington aat the time)
    one day i stumbled upon her website and thought hmmmm...maybe im wrong..maybe there is more. then i read about the bruises, the black car, darin's robbery plot, the juror who said he wouldnt have convicted, darin failed lie detector and was more convinced maybe she is innocent.
    well the more and more i read about the case especially here the harder it became to conclude innocence. things werent adding up and the appeals were shot down.
    then i thought darin had a hand in it. the pants on, off..the CPR, the 911 call where i was desperate to know what he was saying but couldnt hear, his statements and behavior..
    well im over the darin did it. now im stuck on his role in misleading the investigation. i believe if darin had killed the children darlie would have spoke up after her conviction to get off of death row.
    the sock im still unsure of. did darlie plant it? when someone made the point about him being outside when police came made me think darin did it. somehow i talked myself out of that one.
    one thing i know..(well assume) if darlie was bringing darin towels and assisting with placing them on her children wouldnt we have heard darin more clearly on the 911 call. it sounds like she was in the kitchen and he in the Roman room. he is just too far off to be heard. had they been side by side we would hear him. noting that also makes me believe he was not cleaning up the sink or anything else. so i was then to believe his coverup was in words only, not action.
    i do wonder tho..how did darlie clean the sink if she was still dripping blood. it would have kept dripping right? was she holding the towel to her neck when she cleaned the sink? that part confuses me because i would think she called 911 within a minute of cutting her own throat. i wonder if she was holding the towel by the time darin came down.
    the timline is tough for me to try to figure when she had time to wipe the couch , plant sock, cut throat, clean sink, break glass, scream for darin ect. she would have had to move quickly. and why does darin stick to the story the glass breaking is what woke him? i also wonder when she cut the screen? it had to be before she stabbed the kids or we are adding more to the timeline. the walking to the garage and cutting really takes it to premeditation since she has time while doing that to change her mind and not grab the butcher knife when replacing the bread knife.
    does anyone think she was going to stage a robbery (jewelry left out) for her own insurance scam but instead filled with rage just snapped when she saw the butcher knife in the block. maybe the insurance scam darin supposedly tried to run was darlies idea. maybe she was going to claim the missing jewelry for money for her cancun vacation. she cuts screen, was going to pretend intruder crept in while she slept..but then something happened. she saw the big knife and something clicked in her. she went for murder instead. i wish she would just confess. the missing pieces drive me crazy.
    i waffle back and forth on my theroy's almost daily.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    Ty for the thread. I too followed this case i guess before all this puter stuff started, so I read the papers I guess. My parents owned the 2 lots the one the house is on and the one next to it way before a development was put there. My dad had some crazy idea to put his business next to our house. That would not work out there as the area became a bedroom community. I just remember my dad struggling to pay for the lots and after 20 years they sold them.

    I too wonder about the conviction. I wonder what is up with those fingerprints they claim have not been identified. I think the police said it was a paramedic or some other worker. I think they or someone might have said it was one of the kids, so they exzumed the bodies if I recall correctly. The print didnt match the children. If it was the intruder then why is there only one print ( there might be another one on the garage door)? As brutal as that crime was and 3 alleged victims if this phantom killer left 1 fingerprint is all?

    The lady that wrote the book changed her mind, is that still the case? Does she still think she too got it wrong and Darlie is innocent? I know this, I would hate to carry out that execution with those questions unanswered. I dont see why the state will not give her another shot at it and we will or hopefully may know for good what happened that night.

    If this is okay I would like to list some questions that lingered in my mind and ask the original poster or anyone who knows to chime in with their answers:


    !. How many un-identified prints were discovered?



    2.What was the deal with the knife and the screen?



    4.What was up with the insurance fraud involving Darin and who?



    5. What about neighbors who heard and/or saw a black car in the area that night?



    6.The police said something about the light above the garage not being on in spite of it having a 15 minute delay, was this proven true or false?( darlie claimed the killer ran out the back door and therefore this light should have still been on when the cops got there)_



    7.Was there really a hand print wiped off the couch which revealed a bloody print.

    I think the police claimed Darlie was running around cleaning up the scene as she was on the phone with 911. Something about the vacum cleaner being knocked over and blood was under the cleaner indicating it was placed there after the murder to make a distrubance look real. I can see this happening both ways and dont undstand what point it makes? You could knock it over as to came into the room or when leaving, so what does that prove?

    I had many questions and just like the Anthony case depending on which side youre on, you can make the case look both ways. It must be hard to do police work and get it right, maybe this is why I am leaning towrds not having a death penalty for this reason alone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    23
    I will always believe her and Darin did this. Who played what role in doing all of it is the big puzzle for me. I just don't understand alot of things that supposedly went on. I'll list some questions I have and hopefully one of you will be kind enough to fill me in if you can. Thanks in advance.

    How come it's not mentioned anywhere that either of the boys screamed or Darlie screamed while being stabbed?

    How can a man/father/husband not hear a commotion going on downstairs if she was fighting the "intruder" ?

  7. #7
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,469
    Quote Originally Posted by carla79 View Post
    I will always believe her and Darin did this. Who played what role in doing all of it is the big puzzle for me. I just don't understand alot of things that supposedly went on. I'll list some questions I have and hopefully one of you will be kind enough to fill me in if you can. Thanks in advance.

    How come it's not mentioned anywhere that either of the boys screamed or Darlie screamed while being stabbed?

    How can a man/father/husband not hear a commotion going on downstairs if she was fighting the "intruder" ?
    Well, apparently, she wasn't "fighting" the intruder, she was "frightening" the intruder. According to Darlie, anyway.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by carla79 View Post
    I will always believe her and Darin did this. Who played what role in doing all of it is the big puzzle for me. I just don't understand alot of things that supposedly went on. I'll list some questions I have and hopefully one of you will be kind enough to fill me in if you can. Thanks in advance.

    How come it's not mentioned anywhere that either of the boys screamed or Darlie screamed while being stabbed?

    How can a man/father/husband not hear a commotion going on downstairs if she was fighting the "intruder" ?
    The boys were sound asleep when stabbed. Damon did move, but with stab wounds in his lungs and liver it's doubtful he could speak.

    The house was very large, Darlie didn't make any noise until she wanted to....to wake Darin up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzychick View Post
    Ty for the thread. I too followed this case i guess before all this puter stuff started, so I read the papers I guess. My parents owned the 2 lots the one the house is on and the one next to it way before a development was put there. My dad had some crazy idea to put his business next to our house. That would not work out there as the area became a bedroom community. I just remember my dad struggling to pay for the lots and after 20 years they sold them.

    I too wonder about the conviction. I wonder what is up with those fingerprints they claim have not been identified. I think the police said it was a paramedic or some other worker. I think they or someone might have said it was one of the kids, so they exzumed the bodies if I recall correctly. The print didnt match the children. If it was the intruder then why is there only one print ( there might be another one on the garage door)? As brutal as that crime was and 3 alleged victims if this phantom killer left 1 fingerprint is all?

    The lady that wrote the book changed her mind, is that still the case? Does she still think she too got it wrong and Darlie is innocent? I know this, I would hate to carry out that execution with those questions unanswered. I dont see why the state will not give her another shot at it and we will or hopefully may know for good what happened that night.

    If this is okay I would like to list some questions that lingered in my mind and ask the original poster or anyone who knows to chime in with their answers:


    !. How many un-identified prints were discovered?
    2 I believe - one on sofa table and one on utility door


    2.What was the deal with the knife and the screen?
    tests showed the breadknife in the butcher block was used. the for darlies think darin was cutting wires with it or that there was cross contamination

    4.What was up with the insurance fraud involving Darin and who?
    years after conviction darlies step dad remembered darin looking for someone to rob them. darin signed affidavit saying that was true i think.


    5. What about neighbors who heard and/or saw a black car in the area that night?
    no make or model given. a black car was stopped and searched that night but no blood or knives found or any other evidence


    6.The police said something about the light above the garage not being on in spite of it having a 15 minute delay, was this proven true or false?( darlie claimed the killer ran out the back door and therefore this light should have still been on when the cops got there)_
    this was a security light i think. if intruder ran out back light should have been on but wasn't


    7.Was there really a hand print wiped off the couch which revealed a bloody print.
    luminol found a print on sofa

    I think the police claimed Darlie was running around cleaning up the scene as she was on the phone with 911. Something about the vacum cleaner being knocked over and blood was under the cleaner indicating it was placed there after the murder to make a distrubance look real. I can see this happening both ways and dont undstand what point it makes? You could knock it over as to came into the room or when leaving, so what does that prove?
    the glass was under vaccuum so they think it was staged. darlie said she was leaning on vaccuum for support

    I had many questions and just like the Anthony case depending on which side youre on, you can make the case look both ways. It must be hard to do police work and get it right, maybe this is why I am leaning towrds not having a death penalty for this reason alone.
    hope that helps

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    473
    sorry forgot the prints. the think when the children were exhumed they could not get viable prints. some say there are not enough point to run thru afis. others disagree. print was not excluded as darlies. police think it was a woman or small childs print.

    cami will fix any mistakes i have made in answering . she knows this case alot better than me .. thats for sure


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzychick View Post
    Ty for the thread. I too followed this case i guess before all this puter stuff started, so I read the papers I guess. My parents owned the 2 lots the one the house is on and the one next to it way before a development was put there. My dad had some crazy idea to put his business next to our house. That would not work out there as the area became a bedroom community. I just remember my dad struggling to pay for the lots and after 20 years they sold them.

    I too wonder about the conviction. I wonder what is up with those fingerprints they claim have not been identified. I think the police said it was a paramedic or some other worker. I think they or someone might have said it was one of the kids, so they exzumed the bodies if I recall correctly. The print didnt match the children. If it was the intruder then why is there only one print ( there might be another one on the garage door)? As brutal as that crime was and 3 alleged victims if this phantom killer left 1 fingerprint is all?

    The lady that wrote the book changed her mind, is that still the case? Does she still think she too got it wrong and Darlie is innocent? I know this, I would hate to carry out that execution with those questions unanswered. I dont see why the state will not give her another shot at it and we will or hopefully may know for good what happened that night.

    If this is okay I would like to list some questions that lingered in my mind and ask the original poster or anyone who knows to chime in with their answers:


    !. How many un-identified prints were discovered?



    2.What was the deal with the knife and the screen?



    4.What was up with the insurance fraud involving Darin and who?



    5. What about neighbors who heard and/or saw a black car in the area that night?



    6.The police said something about the light above the garage not being on in spite of it having a 15 minute delay, was this proven true or false?( darlie claimed the killer ran out the back door and therefore this light should have still been on when the cops got there)_



    7.Was there really a hand print wiped off the couch which revealed a bloody print.

    I think the police claimed Darlie was running around cleaning up the scene as she was on the phone with 911. Something about the vacum cleaner being knocked over and blood was under the cleaner indicating it was placed there after the murder to make a distrubance look real. I can see this happening both ways and dont undstand what point it makes? You could knock it over as to came into the room or when leaving, so what does that prove?

    I had many questions and just like the Anthony case depending on which side youre on, you can make the case look both ways. It must be hard to do police work and get it right, maybe this is why I am leaning towrds not having a death penalty for this reason alone.
    The fingerprints are and will remain unidentified as they are partial prints....it's not a full print. Both prints were small and the print expert testified at trial that it's possible they were from juveniles, possible, not probable. They boys hands were joined together and that's why when they exhumed the bodies, the prints from those hands could not be taken.

    They are not the boys' prints. If they are anyones they are Darlie's, she had all the blood on her. It's not possible anyone left that garage and utility room without leaving blood, and there was none.

    Barb Davis changed her mind...big deal. She's a book writer nothing more. Law Enforcement doesn't have to believe anything she says and they don't.

    1. Two partial prints were found. One in the murder room and one on the back door.
    2. The bread knife in the butcher block contained a polyglass fibre and rubber dust matching the window screen..hence the knife was used to cut the screen and then put back.
    3 Oh there is no three.
    4. Darin's insurance scam was made up okay to try and get Darlie an appeal.
    Robbie Kee, Darlie's stepfather, suddenly remembered two years after the crime, that Darin told him he was looking to have his house broken into for the insurance money. Darin signed an affidavit six years after the crime that he was actively looking for someone to rob his house. Investigation showed absolutely no one knew about this so called insurance scam and Darin was not looking for anyone to commit it. The appeal judge also found that Darin argued vigorously with the prosecutor at trial that he had no money problems...so this scam was seen through by LE

    5. A black car was stopped by police and the occupants made to lay on the ground whilst the car was searched. Finding nothing, no blood, etc. the cops let them go. This black car nonsense is just a red herring. Everyone saw a black car, but no one thought to get a license number, a plate number,model of car, make of car, description of occupants. You can safely say a black car did not commit the crimes.

    6. The sensor lights, once triggered, stayed on for 18 minutes. They were not on when the police arrived, they triggered the lights when they went out there. Yes, the lights lit up the gate, fence and backyard..no intruder hiding out there.

    7. Damon's bloody handprint was wiped from the couch. Discovered by luminol, but the luminol destroyed it before it could be photographed so it's only been mentioned in books to my knowledge.

    The vacuum cleaner was covering bloody footprints and also roll marks in blood were found meaning the vacuum cleaner was moved and probably used in the staging. Darlie was barefoot, the intruder wasn't.

    Hope this helps. You can review the trial transcripts at

    p.s. I disagree you can see this both ways...it's the blood that convicts Darlie. Casey Anthony was totoally a circumstantial case.


    www.routiertranscripts.com

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    473
    thanks for backing up my answers. dizzychick..i totally understand how you feel. i find myself being overly compassionate for people. i always try to imaging myself in their shoes, how their family feels ect. im sure we have all been there at one time where we wondered if DR was right for darlie, wondered if maybe somehow darin DID stage a robbery and had her assaulted ect.
    but the sad thing is..cami is right about the blood evidence. it only points to darlie. in caseys case there could be a "maybe GA did it?" because there is no evidence trail. in this case no matter how hard i want to think she is innocent or darin did it i cant find anything to support it. darins blood isnt all over the house. there is no evidence of an intruder. such a violent scene, the children were brutilized and darlie was all bruised up but yet she had none of the intruders DNA on her. i still dont understand why she said she fought and then retracted it. im guessing because of lack of evidence of a fight for her life. she grabbed no hair, didnt knock his ballcap off, no skin cells under her nails. nada.
    darlie herself cant even tell us what happened because she kept changing her story to try to fit the evidence as it was revealed.

    i guess what im trying to say is...dont feel bad when you do come to the decision of absolute guilt if you do. it hurts me to know she stabbed her sons to death but once i did finally know it i was more at peace with her sentence.

    still even with that..if she would give a full confession and show true remorse i would be ok with life without parole. i just dont know if that is fair to the boys though.
    im so glad its not my decision to make.

    and to answer your question about the state giving her another shot. if there was new evidence they would. there just isn't any. all of the evidence on darlies website for innocence was addressed in trial really..except for darins admission of robbery. in a way even that was..during the trial darlie and darin testified they had no financial problems so the appeals cant give her a new trial based on his admission becasue D&D disputed that they "needed money" in the 1st trial.

    let me know what you think about our answers. i would never try to change your mind or opinions but i am interested in how you feel as you learn more.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In the Atlantic
    Posts
    2,657
    Quote Originally Posted by erinleigh View Post
    thanks for backing up my answers. dizzychick..i totally understand how you feel. i find myself being overly compassionate for people. i always try to imaging myself in their shoes, how their family feels ect. im sure we have all been there at one time where we wondered if DR was right for darlie, wondered if maybe somehow darin DID stage a robbery and had her assaulted ect.
    but the sad thing is..cami is right about the blood evidence. it only points to darlie. in caseys case there could be a "maybe GA did it?" because there is no evidence trail. in this case no matter how hard i want to think she is innocent or darin did it i cant find anything to support it. darins blood isnt all over the house. there is no evidence of an intruder. such a violent scene, the children were brutilized and darlie was all bruised up but yet she had none of the intruders DNA on her. i still dont understand why she said she fought and then retracted it. im guessing because of lack of evidence of a fight for her life. she grabbed no hair, didnt knock his ballcap off, no skin cells under her nails. nada.
    darlie herself cant even tell us what happened because she kept changing her story to try to fit the evidence as it was revealed.

    i guess what im trying to say is...dont feel bad when you do come to the decision of absolute guilt if you do. it hurts me to know she stabbed her sons to death but once i did finally know it i was more at peace with her sentence.

    still even with that..if she would give a full confession and show true remorse i would be ok with life without parole. i just dont know if that is fair to the boys though.
    im so glad its not my decision to make.

    and to answer your question about the state giving her another shot. if there was new evidence they would. there just isn't any. all of the evidence on darlies website for innocence was addressed in trial really..except for darins admission of robbery. in a way even that was..during the trial darlie and darin testified they had no financial problems so the appeals cant give her a new trial based on his admission becasue D&D disputed that they "needed money" in the 1st trial.

    let me know what you think about our answers. i would never try to change your mind or opinions but i am interested in how you feel as you learn more.
    I feel the same way. At one time, I thought Darlie was innocent. But one thing bothered me about her story....how can you sleep through a slaughter when you say you can't sleep because your baby is moving in the crib. That to me was utter bs and I needed to find out why she was lying. It was a shock to learn she really did do it.

    It's very sad, very sad.

    Since she can't admit she saw his face, that's why she changed her story from "fighting" to frightening. Plus there was no evidence of a fight and she knew it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    473
    she was all about with saying she was figting him off until she realized her story wasn't jiving with a full on attack. i dont see how you would remember an attack and fight, call 911, but then forget the details at trial. i would think everytime the 911 call was played she would revisit every minute of that night. you own words are a good memory trigger.
    she said she got confused from hearing all the "talk". i just dont buy it. IF she remembered it then, she would remember it at trial. now if she didnt know what the heck happened when she called 911 but pieces came back to that would be more plausible.

    again. what was the point of all her bruises posted all over the site if she didnt "fight?" her website tell you the juror said he didnt see the bruising and if he had he would have aquitted because "that gal fought for her life"
    there are many post of her injuries like they are supposed to mean something but she cant account for them. well she could then couldnt. DUH

    as for the sleeping issue..darlie was on diet pills. i have tried one before..i was antsy..irritated..and could not go into the deep REM sleep. its that light, almost awake kind of sleep. anyway..she slept thru him fumbling around in the kitchen, selecting the knife (putting the breadknife back??? dont even ask me how or why)..creeping over to her sons in a tiny room. killing both!! climbing on top of her? wait..what is the latest story? damon said mommy? intruder was on her? she was fighting..frightening?..he didnt bump his shin on that stupid pointy glass table and curse (dramatic flair-dont look for that in transcripts lol). when did the table fall if she didnt fight? that didnt wake her? nah.. i cant buy it.

    did this guy wear gloves or was he barehanded. if he was wearing gloves the "mystery" print cant be his. if he wasnt wearing any there would have to be more fingerprints on something i would imagine, or at skin shed from his hands. a drop of blood from cutting himself...something.

    it's like when my kids are lying to me. i can spot it right away. the story doesnt have a start, middle then end. its all over the place and the details change. some parts too detailed...others too gray. darlie, like my kids , isnt that good of a liar.
    shot herself in the foot with the crib noise caused her to sleep downstairs detail.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    23
    Well, I also wonder if she was fighting this intruder why wasn't there any skin under her manicured nails? Also, I used to live in a 2 story house and after my dd was born I heard every noise and sound downstairs. I just don't believe her story at all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast