The Q & A from The Clinton School w/Defense Attorneys and Ellington

Compassionate Reader

Reaction score
If this has been posted before, I apologize. On August 25, 2011, the three Little Rock-based defense attorneys along with the State's chief prosecutor (Ellington) and Mara Leveritt and Capi Peck attended a question and answer session at The Clinton School. This is the video of that session. For anyone who doubts Jessie's mental disability, please pay close attention to his attorney's discussion of this matter.

http://www.clintonschoolspeakers.com/lecture/view/west-memphis-three-past-present-and-future/

This is about 100 minutes long. It begins with basically an opening statement from each participant.

That was beyond excellent. It was riveting. Thanks so much for posting the link -- I was hoping someone would.

Wow that was amazing. Prosecutor Ellington made some good points on why they made the decision because the trials may have been severed and he was looking at three new trials with possible acquittals. But the defense attorneys were equally compelling with their insistence on innocence because of not only new evidence but lack of evidence in the first place.

The new DNA will be run through CODIS and if there are any hits the prosecutor said it may be considered as well as other new evidence, but it will be screened through the defense team first - he still maintains the three are guilty...he will agree to an open door on evidence with the defense team however.

The new DNA will be run through CODIS and if there are any hits the prosecutor said it may be considered as well as other new evidence, but it will be screened through the defense team first - he still maintains the three are guilty...he will agree to an open door on evidence with the defense team however.

And this stance is why I no longer consider him to be a douche bag. I am so glad that they're running the DNA through CODIS. The possibility of the evidence being destroyed disturbed me no end. Now I feel confident that that won't happen.

With the deep pockets still involved in the fight to exonerate Damien, Jason and Jessie, I feel optimistic about a positive resolution to this situation. I also hope that this continued testing will lead to evidence that will allow for the investigation, arrest, trial and conviction of THe real killer of Christopher, Stevie and Michael.

There was nuclear DNA found in a very incriminating place, ie around the shoe lace hole on Christopher Byers' sneaker, and we all know the shoe laces were removed and used to tie them up.

I would love to see the CODIS results on that DNA sample.

Thank you so much for posting this! As I am at work, I won't be able to watch it until tonight, but I certainly will then. Just from the above posters, I am glad to hear that the Pros will consider open door on new evidence. I was so afraid it would be a tough row to hoe to get the Pros to reopen the case if evidence is found. This is good news if the 3 are indeed innocent.

I'm also impressed with all the attorneys on the defense team. Rosenweig's comments about Jessie were especially informative. Jason is truly a hero and has more nobility in his little finger than Burnett, Fogleman, Davis, Driver, etc. have in their entire bodies. His lawyer thinks so, too. I still tear up when I watch this, and it's been over two weeks since their release.

One more bump! This is a Q & A session involving three attorneys and Scott Ellington, the DA. It also will help "newbies" understand the case and will also help anyone understand what happened on 8/19/2011.

Haven't watched this yet. Will tonight. But funny how we were just talking about these issues and here Ellington is saying he'd consider the DNA results and any new evidence and have an open door on evidence apparently. Like I said. Haven't listened to it yet but I trust he actually said these things.

Haven't watched this yet. Will tonight. But funny how we were just talking about these issues and here Ellington is saying he'd consider the DNA results and any new evidence and have an open door on evidence apparently. Like I said. Haven't listened to it yet but I trust he actually said these things.

Yes, he did. Unfortunately, AFAIK the DNA has still not been run through CODIS. He said that he would do that when the defense had submitted all info they had. So, I guess this is one way of saying that the case is still ongoing, although I'm reticent to interpret it that way quite yet. Ol' Scott just may be back on my douche bag list!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back