IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

Wow. For BW to have said, "I'm 100 percent sure someone knows something" is interesting. Well, of course SOMEONE knows something, if there was a perp involved, but not if she just wandered off and fell into construction. 100 percent. That is a very strong phrase. Sounds to me like she has a suspicion of someone. That's not a comment like, "I hope someone knows something and will come forward." Nope; she's 100 percent sure someone knows something. Interesting.

Wow. For BW to have said, "I'm 100 percent sure someone knows something" is interesting. Well, of course SOMEONE knows something, if there was a perp involved, but not if she just wandered off and fell into construction. 100 percent. That is a very strong phrase. Sounds to me like she has a suspicion of someone. That's not a comment like, "I hope someone knows something and will come forward." Nope; she's 100 percent sure someone knows something. Interesting.

Sounds to me that she has more than a suspicion.

Edited to add: I hope so anyway!

Regarding the word choices on the other thread...

"Hooking up" I see this as another way of saying "connecting" or "linking up" as in get together. I don't think it has anything to do with hookers or prostitutes.

"Friends with benefits" has been around for quite a while. I've heard adults use it. I guess it all depends on one's perspective. (I think it's cute!)

I wanted to stop in and check on the status of this case ... am without power due to Irene but will check in as I can (when our uncooperative generator cooperates)! Hopefully the return of students to IU brings new news!

Also thank you, SUNchips for the info on hooking up, relationships, etc. I've asked my daughter why she doesn't go on actual "dates" to get to know a guy, and she said exactly what you did. That's just not the way it works now. I'm not sure exactly how that affects this case, except that HT and AB being seen together at the county fair may have more significance, under these social circumstances.

Well if she just wandered off and fell into something she probably would have been found by now.

Regarding the word choices on the other thread...

"Hooking up" I see this as another way of saying "connecting" or "linking up" as in get together. I don't think it has anything to do with hookers or prostitutes.

"Friends with benefits" has been around for quite a while. I've heard adults use it. I guess it all depends on one's perspective. (I think it's cute!)

In our area (near another Big 10 university), "hooking up" doesn't have anything to do with prostitutes, but it does have to do with sex. When kids say that so-and-so "hooked up" that means they had sex. Often this is more likely referred to a one night stand, with someone they may or may not know, but not always.

So i just caught up on the last thread. Im really really glad BW said what she said. I believe Laurens true friends will be hunting for the truth. It helps that her parents r there as a constant reminder-how can u look at them and not ache for them and wanna help?
I havent been 2 the LSCD pg in a couple day--should i not?

In our area (near another Big 10 university), "hooking up" doesn't have anything to do with prostitutes, but it does have to do with sex. When kids say that so-and-so "hooked up" that means they had sex. Often this is more likely referred to a one night stand, with someone they may or may not know, but not always.

I too have always known "hooking up" as meaning having sex. If some1 says they hooked up it means 1 thing and 1 thing only these days! U r so very correct!:)

An interesting tidbit that I don't remember hearing before, from today's IDS insert written by the Spierers:

Thanks for sharing. I grabbed the actual newspaper. The insert is large! 11 x 17 folded on high-quality glossy paper. Very well designed. When opened, one full side is the new Missing poster. On the back there is an 8.5 x 11 poster and a page of narrative, including a side bar of four points about what defines Safety. This below is from the sidebar. Another thing we've not heard from the Spierer's before.

"I emphasize fourth phrase:

Worthy of trust; prudent--a safe companion.

We are each ultimately responsible for our own actions. the reality is, you may find yourself in a less than safe situation at some point during your college career. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that the person you are with will have the decency to call 911 if necessary. Three number that could alter the outcome of your future."

I too have always known "hooking up" as meaning having sex. If some1 says they hooked up it means 1 thing and 1 thing only these days! U r so very correct!:)

All this time I thought they were making rugs. :giggle:

So...what can we infer from this new narrative? The statement about the cell phone, which she repeats, is obvious: Always have your cell phone. Does anyone think she is hinting at anything else?

The sidebar about safety is obvious: Something happened to her and no one called 911.

CS is a class act!! I can't even imagine the shape I'd be in if I were in her shoes... I'd be a raving lunatic!

CS is a class act!! I can't even imagine the shape I'd be in if I were in her shoes... I'd be a raving lunatic!

I think its the grace of her parents that have kept me involved in this. They r so strong and its so obvious that they r wonderful ppl. I want nothing more than for them to find their baby girl and lay her to rest with the respect and love she deserves.
I think we have all fallen in love with C&RS.

Interesting post on the JRNTT blog today -- and a VERRRRY interesting comment (right now it's the last comment) about possible info on an unreleased video...

Interesting post on the JRNTT blog today -- and a VERRRRY interesting comment (right now it's the last comment) about possible info on an unreleased video...

so is this where the BF comes into play? who else if true, would be in the back of smallwood "accosting" her.... either the BF or police?

So...what can we infer from this new narrative? The statement about the cell phone, which she repeats, is obvious: Always have your cell phone. Does anyone think she is hinting at anything else?

Yes, but I am not sure what. I do wonder how much of the narrative and timeline they believe though.

Did anyone catch Fox59 at 5pm? supposedly they "interviewed" JR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member