1304 users online (205 members and 1099 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Can someone who knows tell me exactly what "critical" condition means? To me, it means touch and go, survival uncertain. Is that correct? Or does "critical" mean you're at a "critical" point in your particular situation?

TIA!

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    Can someone who knows tell me exactly what "critical" condition means? To me, it means touch and go, survival uncertain. Is that correct? Or does "critical" mean you're at a "critical" point in your particular situation?

TIA!
    I Googled "patient conditions" and found several links that list the following:

Definition of Patient Conditions

Below are the American Hospital Association approved conditions:

Undetermined Patient is awaiting assessment.

Good Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.

Fair Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.

Serious Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.

Critical Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.

Jeffs continues to "control" his followers with these antics (IMO) . .. . those cloistered believers are being told it is their fault he is so close to death and they need to pray and be more "ferverent" in their faith in order to save him. My heart goes out to all of them . . . they do not know how much they have been deceived and if they ever had the opportunity to hear those tapes that were played in court in their false pro(fit)'s own words . . . they would voluntarily walk out of the compounds, on their own accord and probably never look back. Jeffs may have control . . . but knowledge is POWER!
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

I say the sooner, the better and lets start arresting every single parent within FLDS that allows their child-daughter(s) to be taken as "holy brides." Even if/when Jeff's dies there will be another (pedophile) to take his place and these parents need to be held accountable for handing their children over to them on a silver platter. I don't care how spirtually deceived they are!

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post

TIA!
    If I had to guess I'd say he probably developed dehydration/low potassium/an electrolyte imbalance from starvation. This causes irregular heartbeat and blood pressure problems until he is stabilized which can usually be easily corrected. Personally, I'd just let him starve...

Am I the only one who thinks this may be a trial run for an escape plan?

He (and his followers) know where they would take him now. If there is a next time, I bet there is an escape attempt. He's just doing trial runs now. Not that he isn't sick, I just think he's sick with a purpose.

He'll know how long it takes for him to get really sick, where they will most likely take him in the future, how long a "recovery" is, etc. He could have 4-5 armed people in place to help effect an escape the next time.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyDriver61 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this may be a trial run for an escape plan?
    Respectfully edited. Interesting thought and definitely in the realm of possibility.

I've wondered why Jeffs didn't refuse medical treatment if he's intent on dying for the cause. Maybe he was unconscious for a time and couldn't make the decision for himself, so prison officials advised hospital personnel to sedate Jeffs, give him fluids, and render whatever care was necessary. jmo

Personally, I think this is a Jeffs ploy to get his "cup filled" with attention, touch, caring, nurturing, etc. He has been so "attended to" in the past, the isolation in his cell and his twisted power over his followers, continues to gather and focus attention to him - still giving him power over himself and his "lambs".

I don't think Jeffs has a death wish . . . . I think he has a craving for the attention that he has not received while incarcerated. Furthermore, since he has done this 4 or 5 times previously . . . .he knows full well that he will go to the hospital and receive fluids and nutrition.

It would be interesting to find out what the timing of the other fasting/starvation/dehydration episodes were and what happened in the weeks just prior to these episodes. I would bet the farm there is a pattern to this behavior . . . .(ie: losing his case and within 5 weeks he is hospitalized each time, etc).

His death will make him a martyr to his people.............yuck!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Jeffs flown by helicopter to hospital . . .

http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/k...,2107695.story

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    Jeffs flown by helicopter to hospital . . .

"Prison officials said they could not elaborate on Jeffs' medical problems. In the past, Jeffs has suffered from ulcers in his knees and other sores from spending so much time praying."

BBM: Really?

What happened to prison hospitals? Don't they have those anymore? Why waste all that money to transport him to an outside facility?
    imo, jmo, imho and all that stuff

He was only in ETMC for a day or so, then transferred to a prison hospital, according to the Tyler paper. Sorry, can't remember where exactly. Tyler is about 20 miles from where I live. Oh, and they were force feeding him at the prison, but I guess that didn't work.
    Funny, isn't it... they can't allow him to starve himself, but the guards can turn the other way when somebody gets beat to death or stabbed by another prisoner, and they don't see a thing.
    Never fear, the man is in poor health, he won't ever make it out of prison alive, and if he's determined to become a martyr, he'll find a way. Maybe some kind-hearted guard will look the other way while he flushes his dinner down the toilet every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Steft50 View Post
    What happened to prison hospitals? Don't they have those anymore? Why waste all that money to transport him to an outside facility?

they moved him to the prison hospital in Galveston. he had pneumonia. he was still there as of yesterday, imo

http://www.click2houston.com/news/29029303/detail.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2