712 users online (76 members and 636 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light

Children Sue Mom for "Bad Parenting"

This is the ultimate example of spoiled brats, imo. Wow.

Chicago • Raised in a $1.5 million Barrington Hills, Ill., home by their attorney father, two grown children have spent the last two years pursuing a unique lawsuit against their mom for "bad mothering" that alleges damages caused when she failed to buy toys for one and sent another a birthday card he didn’t like.

The alleged offenses include failing to take her daughter to a car show, telling her then 7-year-old son to buckle his seat belt or she would contact police, "haggling" over the amount to spend on party dresses and calling her daughter at midnight to ask that she return home from celebrating homecoming.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/5...wsuit.html.csp

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

What is happening to this country!!! So frustrating to read stuff like this! Figures the father was an attorney! we need to start punishing (more stringently) for frivolous lawsuits that waste the courts time!!!
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

is right, that's about all I can think to do right now.

I'm sure mom can't even make any attempt at teaching them humiliation, because daddy dearest will likely step in. He's probably proud of their "rich people" attitude.

Michaela Garecht | Misty Copsey | Scott Kleeschulte | Kyron Horman | Baby Kate | Mickey Shunick

This sounds like from The Onion, but it is real. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???????????????

I saw this on drudge and it made me want to barf. Give me a break. I wish the judge had sanctioned the father and the two "darling children." The part about extreme emotional distress because she didn't "send care packages" while he was in college was really pathetic! Karma is going to get these losers...and good!!!
    "The word which God has written on the brow of every man is Hope." - Victor Hugo

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!

I wonder how their peers react to the lawsuit. Are their friends saying it's a good joke and maybe they should all sue their parents or do they see it as whiny brat behavior? "OMG, my mom didn't send me care packages, I'm so damaged."

Three words here.... Spolied Rotten Brats
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Steven A. Miner, reached by phone, did not comment. In court papers he said he only filed the lawsuit after much legal research and had tried to dissuade his children from bringing the case.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    Steven A. Miner, reached by phone, did not comment. In court papers he said he only filed the lawsuit after much legal research and had tried to dissuade his children from bringing the case.

Sure he did. And I'll bet those kids FORCED their poor dad to represent them in court, too!

Here I sit, selfish me, thinking about the bills, global warming, people starving in Somalia, dying in Iraq - all while these poor little (grown @ss) children had to suffer the indignity of substandard birthday cards and toys, not to mention being made to wear seat belts! Oh, the horror, the horror!

Truly, I am ashamed at my selfishness.

I don't believe in spanking your kids, but in this case I'd gladly make an exception.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    Maybe the kids should sue the dad for bad parenting now instead. He has contributed to the children's alienation from their mother, embarrassed them in public (this ridiculous lawsuit will be the first thing their potential employers learn of them for years to come if they google their names - would you want to hire someone so sue happy and so emotionally unbalanced they sue their mom?) and suffers from a malign case of inability to say no when he should.

Lord, I grew up in (the Village) of Barrington and Barrington Hills residents always had a different mind set. They would never even speak to the Village residents and their children were absolute selfish brats in school. Of course the school superintendent would not discipline anyone from BH - he lived there as well and had to answer to his neighbors...and I went to HS in the late 70's. Nothing's changed there!

I would like to know whose initial idea this was-- that of the children or that of their father.

I really cannot even believe that I just read that and it's true. Ugh.

Personally I would believe there is mental illness going on here. No one in their right mind would participate in anything like this. Furthermore, I would be concerned if I was an employer of ever having one of these people work for me. I would also be concerned to ever be a friend, girlfriend or spouse of either of them. They will simply be a cancer in any neighborhood they live in.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/paren...cards-2536188/

THEY LOST!!! ROTFLOL idiots

but it is gonna cost mom a pretty penny in legal fees

My hubby and I read this in our Sunday paper. JAW dropping to say the least!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast