773 users online (103 members and 670 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #28

Please continue here and remember all of SheWho's previous admonitions

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
    Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
    http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

Thread #1
    Thread #2

Thread #3
    Thread #4

Thread #5
    Thread #6

Thread #7
    Thread #8

Thread #9
    Thread #10

Thread #11
    Thread #12

Thread #13
    Thread #14

Thread #15
    Thread #16

Thread #17
    Thread #18

Thread #19
    Thread #20

Thread #21
    Thread #22

Thread #23
    Thread #24

Thread #25 Thread #26

Thread #27

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.

-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.

-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
    Rules Etiquette & Information

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map
    Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.

The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
    Case Signal (BeanE's site)
    Val - The Hinky Meter
    Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
    Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here!

Thanks for the new thread, Salem.

I'm currently interested in the Carl Perkins Child Abuse Center. Does anyone know the employees?

Also, DLB is the neighbor who reported the scream, correct? As well as called KB?
    TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Also, DLB is the neighbor who reported the scream, correct? As well as called KB?
    TIA.
    Do tell about DLB. The neighbor has never been identified in the press - or anywhere else I've seen. Not even which exact house the neighbor lives in.

Where did you get those initials?

Or did I miss an article or something?

Initials are my own- trying to keep within WS's TOS.

WREG (Memphis) the Kitsap Sun, and the UW library, a couple of smartphone apps- and property records.

Conjecture- but can't see it being any other neighbor?

Of course, could be completely wrong. That seems to happen a lot as of late!

ETA: Wow, that was terrible wording on my part!

I was assigning initials to a neighbor of the Bobo's who may have heard a scream, and called KB.
    Last edited by Oriah; 08-30-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: that was bad wording!

To call KB at work..and also 911....that neighbor had to hear one heck of a scream. I am trying to think of what I would have to hear to get me to call. Of course, we live in town so we are always hearing things...traffic, kids playing, skateboards hitting the sidewalks, the train coming through, etc....
    That neighbor must have been very alarmed.

In one of the more recent accounts it was the son of a neighbor who heard the scream

http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/2...ts-grieve-hope

"Karen said she was in her school's cafeteria when she got the message that a neighbor's son had heard screams coming from their home."
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

So...was it DLB's son who called DLB from their home phone about the scream (landline)- and then DLB called KB? Or someone called DBL from a cell phone to report the scream?

Maybe DLB's son was hunting that morning, and closer to the Bobo's home than DLB? Confused as to who called whom on a landline vs a cell.

Perp Profile

Has anyone worked up a complete profile of the perp in this case? If so, please share. I have been creating a profile, but it is a work in progress. I would really like to compare notes.

Quote Originally Posted by wishuwerehere View Post
    Has anyone worked up a complete profile of the perp in this case? If so, please share. I have been creating a profile, but it is a work in progress. I would really like to compare notes.
    No complete profiles....only amateur guesses, mine included.

Question Holly's Keys

Still wondering if anyone knows if Holly's keys have been accounted for??
    When and where were they found?

Why a search was not done immediately upon LE arriving?
    Why there were no road blocks in place immediately after abduction?
    Why does it seem LE is very protective of anyone involved in this case--as if they would be in danger from the perp....again it is like they know who is involved and no one wants to get THEM mad.IMO

Ya know, like every town has that one "crazy family" no one wants to mess with......cause they're the ones with that house that NO-One goes near for fear of being "farm feed". Maybe I have just watched too many of the wrong kind of movies, but it seems to me their is genuine fear involved in this one.
    Only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    No complete profiles....only amateur guesses, mine included.
    IMO most profiles are educated guesses. I was just wondering if anyone here on WS has done a complete workup (profile) on the perp, and if they would be willing to share it, so I could compare it to my own work in progress profile.

For instance: I believe the perp is 30-35 year old male. He is not married. Mother is deceased. May work for his family's business, etc.

JMO

Just wanted to bounce around some ideas.

IMO most profiles are educated guesses. I was just wondering if anyone here on WS has done a complete workup (profile) on the perp, and if they would be willing to share it, so I could compare it to my own work in progress profile.

For instance: I believe the perp is 30-35 year old male. He is not married. Mother is deceased. May work for his family's business, etc.

JMO

Just wanted to bounce around some ideas.
    Yes, in one of the earlier threads, some of us gave our ideas about the unsub. I said I thought it was a 19-28 year old male. I felt he had previous bumps with the law but nothing serious. He is a local who is a hunter. He feels superior and entitled. He has an abundance of "love" and protection from his family. He may have been rejected by Holly, or perceived her as being dismissive of him. He probably has a girlfriend. At one time, I thought he may have been helped by a friend...or perhaps two. But as more time passes, I think that is less likely. If it were so, I think one of them may have confided in someone outside the circle by now. I think Holly's family may have an idea who did this. I think the unsub's family may have an idea, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Yes, in one of the earlier threads, some of us gave our ideas about the unsub. I said I thought it was a 19-28 year old male. I felt he had previous bumps with the law but nothing serious. He is a local who is a hunter. He feels superior and entitled. He has an abundance of "love" and protection from his family. He may have been rejected by Holly, or perceived her as being dismissive of him. He probably has a girlfriend. At one time, I thought he may have been helped by a friend...or perhaps two. But as more time passes, I think that is less likely. If it were so, I think one of them may have confided in someone outside the circle by now. I think Holly's family may have an idea who did this. I think the unsub's family may have an idea, as well.
    BBM
    I agree that he has ties to Parsons and is a hunter.
    I agree that he feels entitled.

Also, I believe that he may have friends in LE, and they could play paintball together, or something like that.

I also belive that the date on which he abducted Holly is significant to him, i.e. whatever place he took her was available to him because others were away, out of town, etc.

BBM
    I agree that he has ties to Parsons and is a hunter.
    I agree that he feels entitled.

Also, I believe that he may have friends in LE, and they could play paintball together, or something like that.

I also belive that the date on which he abducted Holly is significant to him, i.e. whatever place he took her was available to him because others were away, out of town, etc.
    Are you speaking hypothetically or do you have an idea who this person might be? Are you a local? Why would you think he plays paintball with members of LE?
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

I can imagine someone sort of like Leopold and Loeb who, after they killed their victim, participated in the police investigation. They planned to commit the perfect murder and wanted to watch in person how they could outsmart the police. Fortunately (or unfortunately for L and L) one of them dropped their glasses at the crime scene and they were caught.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast