GUILTY CA - Sloane Briles for child endangerment, Newport Harbor, 2011

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Sloane Biles had a fight with his girlfriend in front of his two sons ages 6 and 7. The older son became upset and followed his dad to the front of the boat. Dad hit him and tossed him off.

Other boats came to the aid of the child. He could have been run over. Ummmm, dad did jump in after him and was arrested later. He's out on bail. Supposedly alcohol was involved.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2011/08/sloane_briles_toss_son_boat.php

What?

I saw that. My Lord....a seven year old? I can see a grown man being knocked overboard in a nasty fight but tossing a tiny boy in the water? The man did jump in after him but IMO, he cannot be trusted with any child...not with a temper like that.

I almost wonder if the little guy had come to the defense of the man's girlfriend.

Apparently, the creep was fighting with his girlfriend which caused his son to start crying. he then hit him several times, which caused onlookers to become alarmed and enraged, and then tossed his kid off the prow. Very dangerous.

The child was not a strong swimmer, the boat could have run over him, the propellers could have got him and there is a ton of traffic in that area (it's close to where I live). I surely hope this person gets custody yanked in a second. In fact, I;m going to look up the case and see if there's been any recent court action!

Apparently, the creep was fighting with his girlfriend which caused his son to start crying. he then hit him several times, which caused onlookers to become alarmed and enraged, and then tossed his kid off the prow. Very dangerous.

The child was not a strong swimmer, the boat could have run over him, the propellers could have got him and there is a ton of traffic in that area (it's close to where I live). I surely hope this person gets custody yanked in a second. In fact, I;m going to look up the case and see if there's been any recent court action!

I think he has booking charges but the DA hasn't filed yet. He is currently out of bond.

Okay, so the ex filed a domestic violence restraining order against him on August 29, 2011, restraining him from contact with the kids.

Apparently, he has some problems. Public intoxication conviction in 2001, and a public intoxication charge in 2007, (which was dismissed).

He's something else. He didn't even throw his kid off the side, but off the front which is beyond dangerous as the boat moves forward. Poor kid.

It is easy to find the dispatch call on the sheriff's blotter because it is the only arrest in the Newport Harbor in the last 30 days at least!

08/28/2011 14:03:17 : pos1 : BSTANLEY] REQ`D METRO NET TO 87 AT THE HD OFFICE [08/28/2011 13:59:22 : pos1 : BSTANLEY] NO OUTSTANDING VICTIMS [08/28/2011 13:59:14 : pos1 : BSTANLEY] DEP COOPER ON BOARD THE VESSEL `THE QUEEN` [08/28/2011 13:58:39 : pos1 : BSTANLEY] 10-22 NEWPORT UNTIS [08/28/2011 13:54:37 : pos1 : BSTANLEY] Unit : 54H21 JUST AT THE WEST END OF ALPHA MOORING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CHANNEL [08/28/2011 13:54:03 : pos1 : BSTANLEY] METRONET ENRT STAGING [08/28/2011 13:53:08 : pos1 : BSTANLEY] Unit : 54F2 NOT C4 [08/28/2011 13:52:04 : pos1 : BSTANLEY] Unit : 54H20 C4 SUBJ DETAINED [08/28/2011 13:51:28 : pos1 : BSTANLEY] STA 43 ENRT WITH THREE UNITS AND A SGT [08/28/2011 13:51:13 : pos1 : BSTANLEY] 960X [08/28/2011 13:51:02 : pos1 : BSTANLEY] SUBJ THREW SMALL CHILD FROM A BOAT
http://egov.ocgov.com/ocgov/Sheriff-Coroner - Sandra Hutchens

Just when you think you've heard it all......

:banghead:

Apparently now he's claiming it was all just a little joke between he and his son, to both jump off the boat together. This despite witnesses who state he was hitting his crying child, threatened to throw him over board and then did so, after the kid wouldn't stop. Nice .
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/31/california.father.tour.boat/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/31/sloan-briles-arrested-dad_n_943102.html

Video of this "dad" lying his pants off about the incident is attached to the Huffington Post article. IMO, this is an angry, dangerous guy who should not ever be alone with his kids. I hope LE got every witness statement they could.

OMG. I am so angry now after watching this idiot telling 'his side' on tv. He was on Fox news just now with his bimbo..I mean girlfriend. They were both smiling and laughing and lying through their teeth. He was so obnoxious. I really hope the prosecutors watch his interview. He denied everything the witnesses said. He says he was 'horsing around' and was not fighting with his gf or his kids nor had he been drinking. [ yea, sure]

He went on and on about how great of a swimmer his 7 yr old was and he was jumping in with him and it was just a big misunderstanding. Give me a freaking break.

OMG. I am so angry now after watching this idiot telling 'his side' on tv. He was on Fox news just now with his bimbo..I mean girlfriend. They were both smiling and laughing and lying through their teeth. He was so obnoxious. I really hope the prosecutors watch his interview. He denied everything the witnesses said. He says he was 'horsing around' and was not fighting with his gf or his kids nor had he been drinking. [ yea, sure]

He went on and on about how great of a swimmer his 7 yr old was and he was jumping in with him and it was just a big misunderstanding. Give me a freaking break.

I found the link to that interview. What's with his girlfriend smiling strangely throughout the whole thing? What a liar. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, cause' it's 8 minutes, but his interview in the Huffington Post video shows his personality even clearer. He is defensive, sarcastic, arms folded and angry. But here's the link to the FOX interview. I'll keep watching: http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/08/31/california-man-accused-of-throwing-son-off-boat-speaks-out/

Wow. Okay, I kept watching. Not totally at the end and I have to post. The FOX interview may be worse than the Huffington interview. And it's much longer!!! Wow, this guy and his girlfriend are something else. She tries to shush him and he just bites at her out of the side of his mouth, "Stop!". She just sits there with this odd smile, primping and grooming her hair. Then he fully grits his teeth in rage at her and hisses something at her that is unintelligible. What a mess! This is great footage for the judge in his custody case. Dang!

I'm so glad to reads from your posts that the kid was okay, because the initial story I read talked about him doing it, but not what became of the boy.

Oh, also, notice how he doesn't deny drinking during the Huffington interview but then does during the FOX one. Liar.

Anyway, even if it was true that he threw the child off the boat just for a joke he should be prosecuted anyway. What a freaking irresponsible and dangerous stunt it would be, from a man who should know better.

Suppose there were too many witnesses he couldn't claim the child fell on his own and he attempted to save him.

I agree Donjeta. Him saying that it was just a joke was him just trying to make an excuse, but anything could have happened to that boy in the process. He should for sure be prosecuted.

I saw this on Dr. Drew. He called it "extreme parenting." I call it ABUSE. Period.

Ah, a "joke." I wonder if the parents that dehydrated their kid to death thought that was a joke, too.

Sorry for the rant, I am just sick and tired of it. That child could have died.

Hopefully the kids will be rid of this for the rest of their lives.

I saw this on Dr. Drew. He called it "extreme parenting." I call it ABUSE. Period.

Ah, a "joke." I wonder if the parents that dehydrated their kid to death thought that was a joke, too.

Sorry for the rant, I am just sick and tired of it. That child could have died.

"Extreme Parenting" implies that this is a parent. He's a sperm donor douche-bag. Can I say that???

I just watched the Fox video and Wow, just wow! This guy is a real piece of lying manure. He doesn't need to ever be around children again, ever. Now, about the "girlfriend"...........What the hell is she on? FGS! She looked as if she were about to "tip-toe through the tulips" with that idiotic smile on her face. I thought that she was going to tear her piece of cloth (sorry excuse for a shirt) off so that the camera would catch a better view of her *advertiser censored*. She was squirming and trying so hard to look sexy, what with throwing her hair about............maybe she was confused as to why she was on camera, this time. She was really playing up the camera, wonder what she does for a living??????? Actress maybe?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back