951 users online (181 members and 770 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FL - Amy Patterson, 40, Bokeelia, 29 July 2011

Amy Patterson, 41, of Bokeelia, has been missing since the beginning of August. The sheriff’s office is seeking her boyfriend and ex-husband, Daniel Proctor, 44, as a person of interest.

Patterson failed to show up for the first teacher day Aug. 1 at Mariner Middle School in Cape Coral.

She was last seen July 29 on Pine Island, and nothing seemed amiss, said Lt. Ryan Bell.

Bell would not say who had last seen her.

“She was looking forward to going back to school and teaching again the following week,” Bell said.

Proctor, Patterson’s boyfriend, has a reported history of abuse. He went to prison in Alabama during the 1990s after assaulting Patterson, according to WINK News.

Proctor left town after Patterson’s disappearance, but may have since returned. The sheriff’s office believes he is in the Southeast.

“His whereabouts are unknown and we believe he has specific information related to her disappearance,” Bell said.

Lee County School District employees tried to contact Patterson and her friends and family when she failed to show up for work. They immediately called the sheriff’s office when they couldn’t locate her, Bell said.

The school district cannot comment because the investigation is ongoing, said spokesman Joe Donzelli.

Shortly after Patterson missed work, Proctor told deputies she had died in a car accident, which was later found to be false, said sheriff’s office spokesman Tony Schall. The sheriff’s office accelerated the investigation once the car accident story was proved false.

Snipped from: http://www.news-press.com/article/20...news|text|Home (Lots more info & photos at the link)
    Last edited by Salem; 08-23-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Lee County deputies say it was Proctor's mother, Joyce Rosenbaum, who called to report that the local science teacher was missing.

His mother told us over the phone that when her son showed up at her Alabama home last week without Amy, but in her car, she got worried.

"I asked him where Amy was and he had said she went back to Texas to be with our grandson. Well, she's not there," Rosenbaum said.

Then, Rosenbaum says she told her son to leave and called Amy's school, only to realize that Amy had been missing for almost a month.

That's when she called the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/15359604/...issing-teacher
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Last Known Address

16005 Bowline St., Bokeelia, Fl
    Is a tiny town on the end of Pine Island.

http://www.lehighacrescitizen.com/pa....html?nav=5110

Now Lee County deputies are calling the middle school science teacher's disappearance suspicious.

"We're looking for her boyfriend as well, hoping he can provide us with information on Ms. Patterson's whereabouts."

A neighbor who did not want to be identified, tells us, Patterson's boyfriend Daniel Proctor was spotted by his landlord at a convenience store near their home.

"He said you know, I haven't received a rent check, evidently Danny got all teary eyed and he said well my wife went to visit family and she got killed in a car accident. "

Deputies have confirmed that is not true.

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florid...red-suspicious

http://www.news-press.com/article/20...%7Ctext%7CHome
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

Bless her heart....I am fearful this will end badly.

That's very caring of Proctor's mother to take such an aggressive stance against him.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Lee County deputies say it was Proctor's mother, Joyce Rosenbaum, who called to report that the local science teacher was missing.

His mother told us over the phone that when her son showed up at her Alabama home last week without Amy, but in her car, she got worried.

"I asked him where Amy was and he had said she went back to Texas to be with our grandson. Well, she's not there," Rosenbaum said.

Then, Rosenbaum says she told her son to leave and called Amy's school, only to realize that Amy had been missing for almost a month.

That's when she called the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/15359604/...issing-teacher
    Good grief, when your own mother calls LE because she's suspicious about where your girlfriend is and what your involvement in her disappearance is ... well, all I can say is, a mother knows her child ...
    The purity of a person's heart can be quickly
    measured by how they regard animals.
    Anonymous

What I don't understand is why it took a month for anyone to report her missing?? Where is her family??
    Justice for Trayvon

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    That's very caring of Proctor's mother to take such an aggressive stance against him.
    Maybe she is familiar with the way he behaves. You either deny it or accept it in full when it's a family member.....

That's around me where she used to live. Doesn't look good, think he disposed of her, and it won't turn out good. Sad times these days with all the murders and abuse in the news

If this guy already said she is dead (via the car crash) then she is likely dead...not via a car crash. JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

Nancy Grace is covering this right now.

So her boyfriend was the same man she had already divorced and who had been in prison? Or am I reading this all wrong?
    Just my opinion, of course.

Very sad. Sounds like she's been tangled up with this Proctor guy for over 20 years. On NG, they said the 2 got married in 1991, divorced in 1994, and reconciled 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    What I don't understand is why it took a month for anyone to report her missing?? Where is her family??
    Is there something in the water in the State of Florida?
    This does not look good. This guy needs to be found!!!
    Interesting side note, I've often said that if a spouse lied about the whereabouts of their significant other, went on with their lives with nary a concern for their loved one (who would run the risk of sharing such a c*ck-and-bull story with their own mother?!!), stole from friends (sorry I have to take your car, dude!!), and seemingly just plain lied, lied, lied...they'd ultimately be tried and convicted of their spouse's death. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Stranger things are known to have happened in Florida.

Bookelia is the northern part of gorgeous Pine Island...our all time favorite vacation spot and future home after retirement. Very sad...
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast