OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Please continue here. I have added some reminders, but please remember you are responsible for posting within ALL the TOS and rules.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior,good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Verified / Professional Posters

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some may have special inside knowledge about a case or be directly related to a player in the case. This is all extremely valuable information for the forum. However, we like to make sure that anyone posting as a professional in a specific area (doctor, lawyer, search and rescue, etc.), or as someone with inside information, truly is what/who they claim to be. Verification is 100% optional. No posters are required to become verified unless they wish to post inside or professional information. If you wish to become verified, please contact Tricia, Websleuths owner, at wsverify@xmission.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, and your phone number and a good time to call. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely. This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it. Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.
If you can't post it, don't.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

If you have any questions, contact a member of the Mod Team.

Salem

Thread 1

Thread 2

Someone asked in the previous thread why they would be doing recon tomorrow and what did that mean.

Reconnaissance (literately French "recognition" • from Middle French reconoissance; Old French reconoistre; "-to recognize"), is a military term denoting a preliminary survey; especially: an exploratory military survey (also scouting) conducted to gain, or collect information. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconnaissance

I believe they are taking a look at the area to see if or where to do the next search. jmo

That is exactly what they are doing tomorrow. They had a lot of people show up today and covered more area than they thought, so are scouting new locations to search on Saturday.

The search for William DiSilvestro is not separate, it is going to be combined with Katelyn's and it will be on Saturday. The areas they are missing from are not that far apart and there are certain areas that could hold evidence for both cases so searchers in those areas will be looking for anything pertaining to either of them.

Maybe TES is just stating that they are searching for someone else tomorrow (whether they are or not) to distract people from their actually going back to the site of this decomp smell, or any other clues they found.

Anyone know what this body of water is?
W. Scioto Dr - Google Maps
and what Creek that is behind it
W. Scioto Dr - Google Maps

Seems like a road (dirt) behind it could be secluded after a festival.

I think that is part of the water treatment plant that is on Patterson. It is a lot more open that it looks on the map -not very isolated. (there is a shopping strip mall on the other side of the street).

Been gone all day. I was hoping for some good news from TES when I checked in.... Sigh. Guess not.

I'm not familiar with TES's practices, but I am kind of surprised that they are searching for Billy. I work with his mom's best friend, and it is her understanding that the police are fairly certain what happened to Billy, that he is not actually in Ohio any more but in Kentucky, and that the POI is already in jail on other charges.

The biggest thing that throws me is the burning; the texting of it & the timing + it was her records. Someone mentioned earlier could have it been a diary (interesting)? Could it have been something else as well?

Why this night, someone else mentioned rain at this time. Although, I get & appreciate could be a reference to weed... regardless of what he tries to sell; LE has the actual text(s) & their timing/cell phone approximation, etc. Surely, it is not a burning desire (at age 22 on a weekend) to get rid of trash. The VERY night she goes missing, reminds me of J. Powell going camping in the middle of winter. I mean what are the ODDS? I wish the friend would make a statement! Does the fact he (friend) hasn't come forward mean something???

To me he (JC) is looking like is a POI!

My brain hurts, well after finding out JC didn't even tell Nancy the truth about his age last night I am done. LOL

I take more stock in this article as it has quotes from Tim Miller.
http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/middletown-news/search-begins-for-missing-woman-1244277.html

A few quotes:
"Miller said searches were conducted within a six-mile-plus radius of Markham’s Dorshire Drive townhouse. Searchers found a few “things of interest” that will need to be researched, but Miller declined to say what those items were."
"A smaller search will be conducted Friday, where some areas will be looked at again, he said, but Thursday’s volunteer turnout isn’t needed."

My brain hurts, well after finding out JC didn't even tell Nancy the truth about his age last night I am done. LOL

I didn't know that. Oh, brother! How old is he and how old did he tell NG he was?

The biggest thing that throws me is the burning; the texting of it & the timing + it was her records. Someone mentioned earlier could have it been a diary (interesting)? Could it have been something else as well?

Why this night, someone else mentioned rain at this time. Although, I get & appreciate could be a reference to weed... regardless of what he tries to sell; LE has the actual text(s) & their timing/cell phone approximation, etc. Surely, it is not a burning desire (at age 22 on a weekend) to get rid of trash. The VERY night she goes missing, reminds me of J. Powell going camping in the middle of winter. I mean what are the ODDS? I wish the friend would make a statement! Does the fact he (friend) hasn't come forward mean something???

To me he is looking like a POI!

I hadn't thought of this, but I suppose it's possible. Perhaps JC and KM argued, it got heated, he snapped and killed her, then panicked and called this friend. Then they concocted this whole story. Maybe one of them even sent text messages from KM's phone to JC's phone to try to create an alibi.

That's all supposition, of course, but interesting.

Hey RedGoblin and other people from out of town. I thought it would be important to tell you what the weather was like today for the people of Fairfield and greater Cincinnati (and more importantly, those saintly searchers!). HOT (today's high was 98 degrees F.) AND HUMID! With those poor searchers wearing long sleeves and pants, oy, I can see why they called it a day! Plus as the sun sets, the mosquitoes come out in full force, leaving itchy bites where they can find sweaty skin.

Some people have asked about fires/(pollution). I used to hang out in Hamilton (the next town over from FF) during the weekend/summer nights, and often the central figure in these hangouts were bonfires, in little containers (their exact title escapes my mind). We'd hang out, drink a little*, smoke a little*, etc. and play cornhole (a game where you throw bags of dried corn into a hole cut from a wooden platform, total Cincinnati phenomenon), and other yard games during the weekends. (Check out this link for more info: ) Cornhole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*and by little... I mean a lot ;)

I hadn't thought of this, but I suppose it's possible. Perhaps JC and KM argued, it got heated, he snapped and killed her, then panicked and called this friend. Then they concocted this whole story. Maybe one of them even sent text messages from KM's phone to JC's phone to try to create an alibi.

That's all supposition, of course, but interesting.

JC has put his friend as "his" alibi. That is the problem, JC needs his friend to come forward to LE; which no doubt happened. That would possibly rule him out. Has he been ruled out? Wonder how his friend made out & if he took a poly? JC's alibi needs to be investigated, which I bet he has!

Sorry to drag this in from the other thread and perhaps this is a finished topic but I wanted to bring this up last night before everything blew up with the NG show and I got all side tracked....

We were talking about the weather, rain that night, etc. Well I'm a closet part time weather geek and I remember this night well, and I think you all will too once I say this. This was the same night as the horrible tragedy at the Indiana State Fair Sugarland concert. Bad storm, very windy, even in Ohio.

As part of my geekdom I follow some local weather experts on Twitter...quite often they will "retweet" posts from other locals about what's going on in their area. I looked back at their tweets from that night. I was SO hoping I could find an "it's really raining in Fairfield" post, but I didn't. What I did find though is that there was a Severe Thunderstorm Watch that night until 2AM and Butler and Warren Counties were included. This link shows the watch as well as a map of the storm (you can click on it to zoom in.) I'd say if that storm moved due east, then Fairfield and likely Katelyn's condo got rain and possibly a lot (and wherever John was if nearby doing his burning) Also, there is another Tweet on that same individual's page that night that says there were 50MPH winds in Oxford reported by a trained spotter. Oxford is about 20 miles from Fairfield (yes I know weather can change drastically within 20 miles, just reporting what I know) Wind like that would hardly make me want to start a fire!

Does that bring any clarity of the night to anyone else more local to the Fairfield area than I am? Jog any memories of it being particularly windy or rainy.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/ww0778.html

Sorry to drag this in from the other thread and perhaps this is a finished topic but I wanted to bring this up last night before everything blew up with the NG show and I got all side tracked....

We were talking about the weather, rain that night, etc. Well I'm a closet part time weather geek and I remember this night well, and I think you all will too once I say this. This was the same night as the horrible tragedy at the Indiana State Fair Sugarland concert. Bad storm, very windy, even in Ohio.

As part of my geekdom I follow some local weather experts on Twitter...quite often they will "retweet" posts from other locals about what's going on in their area. I looked back at their tweets from that night. I was SO hoping I could find an "it's really raining in Fairfield" post, but I didn't. What I did find though is that there was a Severe Thunderstorm Watch that night until 2AM and Butler and Warren Counties were included. This link shows the watch as well as a map of the storm (you can click on it to zoom in.) I'd say if that storm moved due east, then Fairfield and likely Katelyn's condo got rain and possibly a lot (and wherever John was if nearby doing his burning) Also, there is another Tweet on that same individual's page that night that says there were 50MPH winds in Oxford reported by a trained spotter. Oxford is about 20 miles from Fairfield (yes I know weather can change drastically within 20 miles, just reporting what I know) Wind like that would hardly make me want to start a fire!

Does that bring any clarity of the night to anyone else more local to the Fairfield area than I am? Jog any memories of it being particularly windy or rainy.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/ww0778.html

I doubt that anyone would light a fire in a fire pit with those winds.

JC has put his friend as "his" alibi. That is the problem, JC needs his friend to come forward to LE; which no doubt happened. That would possibly rule him out. Has he been ruled out? Wonder how his friend made out & if he took a poly? JC's alibi needs to be investigated, which I bet he has!

I assume that LE knows who the friend is, and have thoroughly questioned him. The problem lies in the fact that they would be one another's alibi if they were both involved in some way. He may have vouched for JC, but how reliable is he if, as in my scenario, he helped him conceal the crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie